Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > Techie's Area

Techie's Area Share information about web designing & scripting, general hardware, software issues, or just Technical Babble.

Old 05-13-2008
Prospect

Default Laptop Not Working

AHHH!! ok had to get out my sytem lol

Pues my damn laptop is not starting. The last thing I was one before shuting it down was here on Soy (not blaming soy lol)...hopefully some one can help me. All I know its an HP, I barely baught it two years ago. It turns on and it seems as if its going to start then it goes to this black screen and says the following.....

We aplogize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose the Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Know Good Configuration ( your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Well Ive tried all of them and It looks as if its going to start but it just goes back to this same screen, Its getting me mad I feel like throwing the damn computer to wall....

“People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

Tony Robbins
Old 05-13-2008
Estudiante

Default Re: Laptop Not Working

ur hardrive might be fucked up that happened to me about 3 weeks ago n it cost me about 175 to get it fixed
Old 05-13-2008
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas_G View Post
ur hardrive might be fucked up that happened to me about 3 weeks ago n it cost me about 175 to get it fixed
hmmm maybe I taught it got some kind of viruse pero I don't know

heres a pic of how it looks

“People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

Tony Robbins
Old 05-13-2008
Estudiante

it might be if u tried all the options n its still fucking up u should go get it checked out
Old 05-13-2008
Gunner

Send a message via AIM to brownxicana Send a message via Yahoo to brownxicana

that happens to me when i dont shut down correctly... exact same screen and an hp thats about a yr and a half old... but it usually starts fine with the option of starting normally
Old 05-13-2008
Prospect

hmm yea ima have to go get it fixed damn!!

lol yea maybe I didn't shut down the computer correctly.... the good shit is que se chingo right now that my semester of school ended si no I wouldve been in deep shit cause I needed the computer for one of my classes....

Tony Robbins
Old 05-13-2008
Maestro

GO here, www.hp.com/go/outofwarranty Thats the free tech support hp gives out for their customers if they are out of warranty, they walk you step by step on the troubleshooting.

The problem is that your OS system got currupted, and about 90% of the time its fixable, the other 10% your HHD has failed, which means that you need a new HHD. Usually with a system restore or recovery should fix it, if you made your recovery cds, if not you can always order them online or callng HP. THE RECOVERY WILL FORMATT YOUR HHD.

Old 05-13-2008
Maestro

If Last Know Good Configuration or Safe Mode does not work then I would say the Operating System might need to be reinstalled or the Hard Drive has given out.

It's been a long day so I am a little burned out on support. Maybe SJ or Chiano831 can help.

By the way you are support person's wet dream. You gave perfect information and then a screenshot!

The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power, in power. ~Gerry Spence
Old 05-14-2008
Veterano

and her avatar is not half bad, is she married? Her OS is messed up big time if she cant get into safe mode like cholo said. Take it to a shop or a knowlegable friend, if the files you will lose by reformatting were valuable to you (i.e. family pics, work, etc). He or she should know how to bypass windows to get to your files or how to install windows to a different subdirectory than the default one. If I was to do this i would stick a pclinuxos cd in your drive to get to your files, and then burn them to cd using k3b. If you do not care about the files then simply find an xp cd and reinstall the operating sytem, follow the prompts.
Old 05-15-2008
Veterano

so what happened?
Old 05-15-2008
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0l0man View Post
By the way you are support person's wet dream. You gave perfect information and then a screenshot!
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicano831 View Post
and her avatar is not half bad, is she married? Her OS is messed up big time if she cant get into safe mode like cholo said. Take it to a shop or a knowlegable friend, if the files you will lose by reformatting were valuable to you (i.e. family pics, work, etc). He or she should know how to bypass windows to get to your files or how to install windows to a different subdirectory than the default one. If I was to do this i would stick a pclinuxos cd in your drive to get to your files, and then burn them to cd using k3b. If you do not care about the files then simply find an xp cd and reinstall the operating sytem, follow the prompts.

yea Im gonna take the laptop this weekend to fix I guess...I was going to try to use that recovery disc like mairim said but im not sure if thats even gonna work

Tony Robbins
Old 05-16-2008
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

:technoviking:
Old 05-16-2008
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalktownzMamii View Post
yea Im gonna take the laptop this weekend to fix I guess...I was going to try to use that recovery disc like mairim said but im not sure if thats even gonna work
So why don't you try it? Are you afraid you are going to break something? If it doesn't work nothing lost, if it does work money saved.

The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power, in power. ~Gerry Spence
Old 05-16-2008
Maestro

^^ true, if you take it anywhere they are gonna ask you for the recovery cds since the OS is bad, the recovery cds, formatt your HHD and set everything back to its original setting, therefore fixing the OS. Now if that doesnt work then your HHD is bad, and you need to buy one and still need the recovery cds to out the OS in.

Old 05-16-2008
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairim View Post
^^ true, if you take it anywhere they are gonna ask you for the recovery cds since the OS is bad, the recovery cds, formatt your HHD and set everything back to its original setting, therefore fixing the OS. Now if that doesnt work then your HHD is bad, and you need to buy one and still need the recovery cds to out the OS in.
Slight correction, its HDD not HHD.

HDD=Hard Disk Drive

Old 05-17-2008
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0l0man View Post
Slight correction, its HDD not HHD.

HDD=Hard Disk Drive

thanks, i always do that!ol