Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Racism in the world

Racism in the world Got something to say about racism? Speak your mind here

Old 07-03-2006
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: white pride

Yes, i have seen and heard that.
Old 07-04-2006
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude
I agree with you Mr Police officer.

Thanks! NOW HOOK ME UP WITH SOME REPUTATION POINTS!!!!!! AND WHILE YOUR AT IT RATE THIS THREAD MANO!
Old 08-18-2006
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanAmerican
The difference when we say Viva la Raza, Brown pride, and Proud of being Mexican is that when we say it... it's not intented to be racist. When a white person says White pride in front of other nazi's... that makes a big difference.
Oooh thanx AGAIN!! that iz soooo true!! WHITE PEOPLE HAVE EVERY OTHER THING IN DIS NATION n WORLD so Y should it be a problem when WE HAVE PRIDE IN WHAT WE ARE?!! can WE jus do US,without some1 bitchin' N moanin' bout how we get down!! I have some Spanish blood in me,like ALOT of us Chicano/Latino/Mexicano people do also..BUT I WILL NEVA DENY WHAT I AM..N best believe though that I aint neva one to shy away from yellin' -BROWN PRIDE!! -VIVA MEXICO!-MICHOACAN STAND UP!!
Old 08-19-2006
Chicle

Send a message via MSN to **BabyGurl**

cuz thur aint no pride for white's to b saying white PRIDE dat just ain't right lol

*~BABYGURL~* iS MY CRAZY LiL SiSTER
ShyGurl *903* iS MY TRUE HOMGiRL FOREVER!!
CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE!!!! www.myspace.com/crystal13selena
Old 08-19-2006
Veterano

Quote:
cuz thur aint no pride for white's to b saying white PRIDE dat just ain't right lol
Well as I stated before and I'll say again - I am NOT ashamed of who I am .. fact is, I'm proud, white skin and all .. I also am proud of my husband, down to his skin color!! And ALL my kids - they are my life!!

EVERYONE should be proud of who they, what they are, and where they come from - NOONE ever has the right to make you feel ashamed of yourself - PERIOD!!

If it has tires or testicles,
it's gonna give you problems
Old 08-19-2006
Meme

White pride carries with it the inference of exclusion of other races'. They brought it on themselves. Hitler was kinda weird like that. lol.
If I hear some one yell that slogan I know I ain't wanted and probably in some kind of trouble.

We haven't joined in any action where an entire race was almost destroyed. It was the opposite with us.

Last edited by Meme; 08-19-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2006
Veterano

Agreed Meme, however, just as noone here would carry the sins of their forefathers, nor will I ..

But I neither will feel shame in who I am, nor the color of my skin - just as I feel noone else should.

It's SO funny to hear people say this cuz my dad's people ALL came from Germany in the early 1900's .. he's darker than ANY mexican I know .. however, my mom's people all came from the Montana/Canadian border from the Blackfoot tribe and girlfriend is as white as snow .. as opposed to my husband who is straight up mexican and is light light light skinned!!

So, I guess in essence what I'm saying is that everyone can talk all the shit on color they want - but it's who we are that's the true issue and importance, and NOT the color of our skin!!

Old 08-21-2006
Mocoso

hello guerro_y_dannie,

I've only read your last two posts but I have to say this...

While you go on the 'we are the world/everyone is equal' excuse, it seems as if you are not accepting reality.

Reality is, TIME AFTER TIME, "white pride" has been used in a very negative way. Yes, you should not have to pay for the sins of your forefathers... but history is history, and your forefathers are the ones that screwed that up for you. The phrase in itself has been associated with something negative.

If you are proud to be white, great... but don't think that you yelling, "White pride" isn't going to rub some people the wrong way.

That's just the way it is. Deal with it.
Old 08-21-2006
you never know...
Veterano

Send a message via AIM to mariposa

I agree with notquite....

many of your posts talk about this "everybody is equal" mentality...the fact is that yes that is noble and idealistic and should be the reality, but it is not...

in the United States people may be created equal and endowed by their creator with inalianable rights....but they are certainly not treated equally and not looked upon equally...so while a colorblind society seems to be the made up place you are living in...reality is not like that....

if you are going to respond to my post...and i do appreciate your responses please dont bring up your mexican husband and how being married to him and knowing his experiences proves anything...
'Cause you never really know what you got, until it's gone

_ IT
Old 08-21-2006
Veterano

NotQuiteChicana and lizdt ..

I don't know how, first of all that you know what I write lizdt cuz I haven't talked but ONCE about my husband's experience - and THAT was with mexican women, and when I first joined this site .. since then obviously you have NO clue as to what I've posted and I've posted AT LEAST 1000 additional posts!!

Anyway, I will write what I write and that would pertain to MY experiences .. WHY does it "offend" you that I should do so? I mean EVERYONE else does this, and I don't hear you calling THEM out, telling them they don't know anything cuz it's so obviously such a SMALL part of the world, thereby making their opinion seem very insignificant - people can only write about what they know .. I suggest that if it bothers you about what I write, if it offends then by all means .. PUT ME ON YOUR "IGGY" LIST PLEASE - I care not how you or anyone else thinks of my feelings - they are mine and they are true - ya know ya just can't make all the people happy all the time .. and if ya do, you aren't keeping it "real" .. well, I believe in keeping it real - right, wrong, or indifferent!!

As far as me yelling "white pride" please show me WHERE in the hell I wrote that - I said that I don't think there's anything wrong in white people having pride in who they are - no different than any other people on this earth!! You haven't changed my mind in this - I'm STILL and always will be proud of who I am and the color of my skin - period!!

You don't like racist people - you don't like people who are NOT racist - what the hell are you about then anyway ..?..

Old 08-22-2006
you never know...
Veterano

let me put a disclaimer here...i was responding agreeing with notquite's post but i do not know how she felt about my post so i do not in any way want to speak for her.....

i honestly have not read eeeeeeeeveeeery post you have posted...but the ones you have posted that have to do with race or with speaking about the mexican perspective you talk about your husband and what he would say or do....i can remember at least two more examples of where you have done it that is not the post about mexican women ....you actually do bring up your husband a lot in conversations...maybe your speaking about what you know and you live with your husband and so he just comes up a lot...i dunno but its frustrating sometimes to try to argue a point you make about how your husband feels because i dont want to argue about how much you know your husband.....

anyway i understand that you only write from what you know......i think what i was just trying to point out is that your experience with looking at racism is different from mine...im not offended by what you write i just wanted to offer my take on it...

_ IT
Old 08-22-2006
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer

Yes, you should not have to pay for the sins of your forefathers... but history is history, and your forefathers are the ones that screwed that up for you.
-nqc

The phrase “White pride” has come to be (with good reason) associated with white racists. However, if there is nothing inherently racist in chanting “Black pride” or “Brown pride,” then there is nothing inherently racist in chanting “white pride.” To say otherwise, is to be blatantly hypocritical.

Of course, I can’t help but chuckle a bit when I see some white (sometimes with blue or green eyes) Mexican who needs SPF 30 if he or she is going to be exposed to sunlight for more than 15 minutes lecturing on "Brown Pride" or what it is to be the victim of immoral racial discrimination.
Old 08-22-2006
Veterano

Okay lizdt, just so I get this straight, so as not to frustrate ya .. I should basically then NEVER speak of my husband, kids, experiences in general because of my little "made up" (that IS how ya wrote it right?) world here being pretty small and insignificant of the "real" world .. I shouldn't ask questions because this is NOT a school (yes I read what ya wrote and understood it was pretty much meant for me) .. I should be ashamed of myself for having white skin .. would there be anything more that I should keep in mind ..?..

LMAO!!

Edited .. cuz I forgot to ask one last question .. just for the record, am I then suppose to be or not be prejudiced/racist - I wasn't clear on what you had in mind on this issuse ..?..

LMAO!!

NOW JUST IN CASE IT WAS LOST ON YA - I WAS BEING NOTHING MORE THAN SARCASTIC AS HELL ON THIS PARTICULAR POST .. I AM WHO I AM - I AM CERTAINLY NOT SHALLOW ENOUGH TO CHANGE MY OPINIONS, MY FEELINGS, NOR THE COLOR OF MY SKIN (LOL) FOR YOU NOR ANYONE ELSE .. AGAIN, I AM WHO I AM - LIKE ME OR HATE ME, I REALLY DON'T CARE WHICH .. BUT DON'T DISSECT ME - I BELIEVE IN KEEPING IT REAL - AND I BELIEVE SINCERLY I'VE DONE JUST THAT IN ALL I AM AND IN ALL THAT I DO!!

Last edited by Dannie; 08-22-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2006
you never know...
Veterano

look....i was not trying to be mean.....i was just saying that sometimes when you are trying to prove your point about race situations you talk about your husband's experiences instead of yours....i didnt say you shouldnt talk about your husband or about your kids...that is waht you know and i understand taht...but just because you are married to a mexican does not give you the right to use his experience to validate the points you make on this site on the contrary the points you make on this site about race or about anything could stand on their own....

i do not think you should be ashamed of being white and i do not think that you should change yourself just to make me or anybody else here happy.... uh i do mind it when people ( i didnt say specifically you) come on this site or go to anywhere to get an experience of what it is like to be chicano...just as if this where a zoo and they were getting their cultural knowledge from here.......i am sorry if you thought that comment was meant specifically for you, it was not...

sorry if the other thread sounded like i attacked you.....i apologize for that....there is really no excuse for it.

_ IT
Old 08-22-2006
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizdlt
sorry if the other thread sounded like i attacked you.....i apologize for that....there is really no excuse for it.

Wuss.
Old 08-22-2006
you never know...
Veterano

thanx calamani....im ok with that i dont like being a jerk, unlike other people.

_ IT
Old 08-22-2006
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizdlt
thanx calamani....im ok with that i dont like being a jerk, unlike other people.
Super duper wuss.

Anyway yeah, I have yet to hear 'white power' without the dueling banjos playing in the background.
Old 08-22-2006
Mocoso

Guero_y_dannie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by guero_y_dannie
NotQuiteChicana and lizdt ..

I don't know how, first of all that you know what I write lizdt cuz I haven't talked but ONCE about my husband's experience - and THAT was with mexican women, and when I first joined this site .. since then obviously you have NO clue as to what I've posted and I've posted AT LEAST 1000 additional posts!!

Anyway, I will write what I write and that would pertain to MY experiences .. WHY does it "offend" you that I should do so? I mean EVERYONE else does this, and I don't hear you calling THEM out, telling them they don't know anything cuz it's so obviously such a SMALL part of the world, thereby making their opinion seem very insignificant - people can only write about what they know .. I suggest that if it bothers you about what I write, if it offends then by all means .. PUT ME ON YOUR "IGGY" LIST PLEASE - I care not how you or anyone else thinks of my feelings - they are mine and they are true - ya know ya just can't make all the people happy all the time .. and if ya do, you aren't keeping it "real" .. well, I believe in keeping it real - right, wrong, or indifferent!!

As far as me yelling "white pride" please show me WHERE in the hell I wrote that - I said that I don't think there's anything wrong in white people having pride in who they are - no different than any other people on this earth!! You haven't changed my mind in this - I'm STILL and always will be proud of who I am and the color of my skin - period!!

You don't like racist people - you don't like people who are NOT racist - what the hell are you about then anyway ..?..

excuse me? what but what hte heck are you talking about?
Old 08-30-2006
Prospect

Send a message via AIM to skylinefolife Send a message via Yahoo to skylinefolife

The thing about when caucasians say "white power/pride" is that history has proven they are a bunch of racist fockers. To this day if your not white and you are in there hood they'll lynch yo ass. Im not saying all whites are like that, nope, in fact most of my neighborhood are white and they are cool as fuck! They even invite me to there family reunions and most of em are down right hippie cooL!
But its the history of that word "white pride/power" that makes it belligerent.
Heh...
Old 09-06-2006
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

bump
Old 10-13-2006
Fresh Meat!

Dang Skippy.
Old 11-06-2006
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambitho
Ok I got asked a good question today.

"Why can latinos have a radio station with LATINO AND PROUD as the slogan and white people when they say white pride, it's racist"

I replied, "white pride" is used predominalty with racist groups and "latino and proud" or "brown pride" is used in a totally whole different context. It stands for being proud of who we are from those active racist groups and other organizations.

Do you all agree?
I don’t agree with that. “White Pride!” is just like “Brown Pride” or “Black Pride!” Just people who are proud of who they are.

Now, it becomes racist when its, “WHITE POWER!”