Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > Travel

Travel A place for the travellers of SoyChicanol.com to gather and share thier experiences, tips, and plans.

Old 01-10-2006
Prospect

Location: Scotland/UK for now. Atlanta,GA is where my permanent home is
Send a message via Skype™ to delsilencio85
Default Going to Mexico in '06

What are everybody's travel plans for '06? When are you going to Mexico and where in Mexico are you going to? Im trying to go to Zacatecas in June.
Old 01-10-2006
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Cool.

I'll be in Mexico from Late May to most of June. Trying to spend 3 weeks in Guanajuato and the last 3 weeks in el DF. Those are my plans at least.
Old 01-10-2006
Mz_PuPpEt

IM GOING ON DA LAST WEEK OF FEB YAY... WHERE IN MEX IN *MICHOACAN*
Old 01-10-2006
Travieso

I'll be leaving in early November to San Luis Potosi.
Old 01-10-2006
Gunner

I'll be going to el D.F. in May
Old 01-10-2006
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Not sure for me. Would be cool to go to Oaxaca though.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 01-10-2006
Prospect

Gonna try to go to my dad's ranchito en mexico over the summer.
Millpias de la sierra
somethinlike that
Old 01-10-2006
Maestro

I'm not going to Mexico this year My due date is April 3rd.. of course the baby may come sooner.. but I wont be able to travel with my little one.. possibly till next year.. and when I do travel to Mexico I go to Leon, Guanajuato, Aguascalientes, and Queretaro.. I do make a stop at San Juan de los Lagos, Jalisco.. to go see la Virgen de San Juan de los Lagos though! that is a must!
Old 01-10-2006
Prospect

Location: Scotland/UK for now. Atlanta,GA is where my permanent home is
Send a message via Skype™ to delsilencio85

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryLaPrincesa
I'm not going to Mexico this year My due date is April 3rd.. of course the baby may come sooner.. but I wont be able to travel with my little one.. possibly till next year.. and when I do travel to Mexico I go to Leon, Guanajuato, Aguascalientes, and Queretaro.. I do make a stop at San Juan de los Lagos, Jalisco.. to go see la Virgen de San Juan de los Lagos though! that is a must!
Yea that is a must I went in August. I have some pics. We went to San Juan on our way back from Zacatecas (we had to travel south then back up north)
Old 01-10-2006
Gunner

Quote:
Hey
Babies under 1 yr fly free!
You should take advantage
Old 01-10-2006
Maestro

isnt it 2 years?? ya when they are 2 they pay 1/2 fare it is?? *wonders*

and.. delsilencio, what part of Zacatecas are you from? I went to San Juan in November
Old 01-10-2006
Chicle

Send a message via AIM to RubenC74745 Send a message via MSN to RubenC74745 Send a message via Yahoo to RubenC74745

I'm in south korea but I'm probably going to mexico and the end of June for about 2 or 3 weeks Can't wait!!!! Haven't been there in over a year and a half...Going to GTO and Hidalgo.
Old 01-10-2006
Prospect

Hey well imma go to MEXICO ON SATURDAY!!! yeh!!! i cant wait havent been der in 3 dam yrs!!! well imma leave da 14th and come bak in 2 weeks on da 28th!!! IM SOOO HAPPY!!!! well im going to AXOCHIAPAN MORELOS cant wait well ya does r my plans im leavin w/ my dad yup yup
Old 01-11-2006
SuaveHighTimes

I'll be going to a pueblo called Tejupilco which is about a 4 hour drive south of La Capital. Actually, it's closer to Toluca but we have to land in el D.F.

Anyway, I'll be out there in March for a week, and then again in September for another week.

My parents just built their home and moved out there after being here for 28 years, and it is off the hook. No more having to stay with relatives.

So now I have to go at least a couple of times a year. Nothing better than a forced vacation.
Old 01-11-2006
Maestro

ay que malo Suave.. como que a forced vacation? lol!!!

To Smiley.. I heard that Cuernavaca, Morelos is really nice? is Cuernavaca close to that place you're going to?
Old 01-11-2006
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaveHighTimes
I'll be going to a pueblo called Tejupilco which is about a 4 hour drive south of La Capital. Actually, it's closer to Toluca but we have to land in el D.F.
Tejupilco is close to Toluca? How close?
Old 01-11-2006
SuaveHighTimes

Well i'm forced to have to see my parents right?? Thats what I meant. That I have to go see them eventually. But thats a good thing.

And it's a couple of hours from Toluca, Linda. Its sorrounded by Amatepec, Sultepec, Texcaltitlan, San Simon de Oro, Temascaltepec, Villa de los luvianos, Otzolcapan, and Zacazonapan.

You know that area?? Where are you from?
Old 01-11-2006
Estudiante

imma go to nogales, then sinaloa, then michoacan! all in december. my tia invited me to go to with her to michoacan pa conocer, i think somewhere close to morelia..idk then my moms from sinaloa so i gots to go with her and my dads from durango but i dont think he will go there! so i cant wait till december!

iMPERFECTiON iS BEAUTY, MADNESS iS GENiUS, & iTS BETTER TO BE ABSOLUTELY RiDiCULOUS THAN BE ABSOLUTELY BORiNG
-marilyn monroe

www.myspace.com/t3ar_drop
Old 01-11-2006
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

oaxaca in the summer. Also mexico city. That's the idea, no set plans yet.

I really want to drive there.
Old 01-11-2006
Maestro

I actually am planing to go somewhere in Europe..Maybe Spain or Italy...Already did the Paris thing...A very great city to visit.....
Old 01-11-2006
Gunner

Quote:
And it's a couple of hours from Toluca, Linda. Its sorrounded by Amatepec, Sultepec, Texcaltitlan, San Simon de Oro, Temascaltepec, Villa de los luvianos, Otzolcapan, and Zacazonapan.

You know that area?? Where are you from?
One name does sound familiar to me, Texcalitlan...I am about half an hour from there! Sultepec is around there to but Ive never been there. Surrouding areas include Tanancingo, Coatepec Harinas, Ixtlahuaca, Villa Guerrero, Ixtapan.
Wow...we're probably eachother's next door neighbors.
Old 01-11-2006
Supporter
Maestro

I'm actually going the last week of March for my honeymoon.

I've never been to Mexico before. lol! I'm just going to Ensenada as part of a cruise. Hopefully it's worth it. ?
Old 01-11-2006
Gunner

Quote:
y guadalajara que????
Recuerda que tenemos una cena pendiente!!!
Old 01-11-2006
SuaveHighTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lindisima_
One name does sound familiar to me, Texcalitlan...I am about half an hour from there! Sultepec is around there to but Ive never been there. Surrouding areas include Tanancingo, Coatepec Harinas, Ixtlahuaca, Villa Guerrero, Ixtapan.
Wow...we're probably eachother's next door neighbors.
I been to ixtapan de la sal.....same place?? Damn, we're neighbors in Illinois AND in Mexico?? lol. Hmm, maybe we are meant to meet someday
Old 01-11-2006
Gunner

Quote:
I been to ixtapan de la sal.....same place?? Damn, we're neighbors in Illinois AND in Mexico?? lol. Hmm, maybe we are meant to meet someday
2/10

I havent been to Mexico in over 5 years... it's time to go. Family is from San Juan de Los Lagos, so maybe I'll see some of you guys there. Axocopan/Atlixco in Puebla is my Mother's land and also a place I definately have to visit. After that, it's a free for all... no boundaries.

I'll likely make the road trip from Chicago next winter for at least 4-6 weeks.

Just talking about it feeds my desire.