Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Current Events > What's in the News

What's in the News Have a discussion about something going on in the News

Old 09-09-2013
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default George Zimmerman detained after domestic incident

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rld&id=9241888

George Zimmerman detained after domestic incident

LAKE MARY, Fla. (KABC) -- George Zimmerman was detained on Monday after a domestic incident in Lake Mary, Fla., involving his wife and his father-in-law.

Police say Shellie Zimmerman called 911 at 2:10 p.m., saying George Zimmerman was holding her and her family at gunpoint. She said her estranged husband punched her father in the nose.

"My dad has a mark on his face. I saw his glasses were on the floor. He had accosted my father and then took my iPad out of my hand and then smashed it and cut with a pocketknife," she told dispatchers.

In the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman told dispatchers that George Zimmerman had "his hand on his gun" and threatened to shoot if she stepped closer.

"I don't know what he's capable of. I am really, really scared," she said to the 911 dispatcher.

Officers were sent to the home in tactical gear with ballistic shields. George Zimmerman, who was acquitted in July in the death of Trayvon Martin, was handcuffed and questioned by police. But he was not arrested because Shellie Zimmerman and her father refused to give police a sworn statement and said they do not want to press charges.

Shellie Zimmerman initially told dispatchers that her husband had his hand on his gun, but she later told police she never saw the gun.

George Zimmerman said in his statement to police that he was only acting in a defensive manner during the incident. He also said that he did not have his hand on his gun.

George Zimmerman's attorney says his client did not use a gun to threaten his wife or her dad, nor did he punch his father-in-law in the face.

According to police, George Zimmerman is free to go and is cooperating with police. At this time, there are no charges pending against anyone involved in the confrontation, but officers are reviewing surveillance video. If they find anything in the video, they reserve the right to file charges.

Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce last week. In an interview with ABC News, she said she was not sure if she "ever really knew" her husband during their seven years of marriage. She also said she believed her husband's acquittal left him feeling "invincible."

Since his acquittal, George Zimmerman helped a family whose car overturned and he has been pulled over twice for speeding.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 09-10-2013
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default Re: George Zimmerman detained after domestic incident

crazy guy.
Old 09-10-2013
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

http://youtu.be/-0s-nDXylUU

If they can retrieve the data, this is the first time in iPad history that an iPad may be useful.

Old 09-10-2013
Gunner

This is my shocked face.
Old 09-10-2013
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl View Post
"I don't know what he's capable of.
What a dumb bitch.

Don't know what he's capable of? He was just on trial for shooting someone

GZ will end up like OJ. He"ll eventually get caught doing something else, that'll have him locked up. He's pathological.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 09-11-2013
The one and only
Presidente

Though Zimmerman and police say there was no gun, but lawyer say there was:

http://youtu.be/18ojMs51BGY

Police didn't check the truck.