Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Current Events > Politics

Politics Politics and anything related to Political talk.

Old 10-07-2014
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to chicana323 Send a message via Yahoo to chicana323
Default Obamacare

So now that Health care if Mandatory, "affordable", and accessible... Do you have health insurance????

(crickets).....
Old 10-07-2014
Gunner

Default Re: Obamacare

Corporate called up, asked if I wanted it. I asked do I need it for that tax thing, they said yea. Aight. They taking something out my checks now.
I on't know, someone's getting paid and all I hope now is that they're taking care of their families or themselves very well and not using it to harm people or things.
I too try to help to the needy.
Old 10-08-2014
Miss Mod
Veterano

yup lol

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.

- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Old 10-10-2014
Director

I've had it with my job for a few years.
Old 10-10-2014
Gunner

It kinda sucks when you work for a small company because technically they're not obligated to get it for you...so that blows.

But in their defense they're probably like..well we pay you more than enough to buy it on your own..

I still haven't looked into getting it on my own..it all comes down to whether you want HMO or PPO coverage. I would most definitely prefer the PPO but it's more expensive.

**SHRUGS**
Old 10-10-2014
Director

Yo prefiero una buena sobada de huevo, but it's not part of my coverage.
Old 10-11-2014
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

i have it but can barely afford it. for those who get insurance through your fancy 9-5 job, F U! lol, lucky bastards.

the shitty part with obama care is when you are in the middle.

if you are piss poor, you get government assistance very easily(laughable almost) even before obama care.

if you are rich, then it's no problem to be able to afford good insurance.

but then there are those(most people I work with on non union shows) who make enough where they don't qualify for any sort of assistance (so price for insurance is still way too high) and not make enough where it's easy to make payments. the "penalty" for not having insurance is a fucking joke so that doesn't really scare people not to get it. so they remain uninsured.

Last edited by SJ; 10-11-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2014
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

im meh with it. i pay for it, but havent used it yet. almost like my car insurance. lol.

Sent from my XT1058 Using ForumTouch for Android
Old 10-11-2014
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

I got insurance before the law mandated it. I missed it my first yr at this new job, the cut off sign up date. Its not horribly expensive. But even then since I dont get sick it was hard on my mind to even get it. 3 weeks ago i had rotator cuff surgery, all the hospital bills were covered via the insurance. So it finally paid for itself. The almost 2 yrs before I only used it for discount at the chiropractor, which helped some.

If it was not affordable though, I would probably chance getting fined. SINCE technically I dont use it/need it 97 percent of the time. I still think its needed. Think it needs to be tweeked. Way to many before it was mandatory needed it. Even now, way to many need it. From all walks, there is no class that is immune from needing it. Especially when it is needed. And I hate having to pay for something I am techincally not needed, thats any insurance.
Old 10-14-2014
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
the shitty part with obama care is when you are in the middle...

those who make enough where they don't qualify for any sort of assistance (so price for insurance is still way too high) and not make enough where it's easy to make payments. the "penalty" for not having insurance is a fucking joke so that doesn't really scare people not to get it. so they remain uninsured.
My case exactly, SJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
Think it needs to be tweeked. Way to many before it was mandatory needed it. Even now, way to many need it. From all walks, there is no class that is immune from needing it. Especially when it is needed. And I hate having to pay for something I am techincally not needed, thats any insurance.
I agree with you here Nelio,I think it needs a little more tweaking.

I still don't get why health care here is so shitty. On a different subject though which kinda comes to this, is why did that African guy in Dallas have to die (Ebola), is it because he didn't have any health insurance?! I mean c'mon the other "White" people that got it are still living. What a coincidence that the one African guy died (because there was no insurance).

I'm heading up to Canada...FREE HEALTHCARE!!