Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health

General Health Discuss any Health topics that don't quite fit into any other health forums.

Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

Default im done drinking!!!

i got fucked up this past weekend.......2 pints of vodka.
im killing myself...i cannot imagine the amount of liquor i've drank over my lifetime. i sometimes think of cirrhosis of the liver and what it feels like to live with it. looking for ways to stop.
im done....
Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

Default Re: im done drinking!!!

good luck homeboy not easy but you can do it
Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

yeah....i look to use this thread for guidance to get over it. tired of the hangovers.....
besides i wanna live a heathier lifestyle.

Last edited by wheelsofsteel; 04-03-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: edit
Old 04-03-2007
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

damn homie, i think u hit ur moment of clarity. it s a struggle and be prepared to suffer through it.

stay strong through it tho and like MRART said it s not ez but u can get through.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 04-03-2007
Veterano

damn bro, i guess we can't go out and drink no more. i wonder who i can drink with. no, but good luck, and don't be giving me that, "just one beer" , next time we hit a place up.. i'll just order you a diet coke..
Old 04-03-2007
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsofsteel View Post
yeah....i look to use this thread for guidance to get over it. tired of the hangovers.....
besides i wanna live a heathier lifestyle.
i had a homie that quit drinking b/c of the hangovers (and he converted to a new religion). he said that he would always get a hangover when he drank... no matter if he drank just a bit. he said it was God, and his body's way of tellin him not to drink nemore.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

every year i take blood test to check my liver and kidneys...
so far still looking good..im surprised.i have yet to check myself this year. i drink heavy. straight liquor shots whether it be cognac,tequila, scotch..
i wonder if AA meetings help..
Old 04-03-2007
Gunner

Weak!

I don't really approve of drunkness, I almost look down on it on a public level. I use to be a heavy drinker when i was younger. They use to call me the alcoholic. I think i hit my peak when i was 19-20. I didn't even go out on my 21st birthday.

I do drink but to enjoy it. Most of the time if i'm out with my buddys i just drink a beer other time nothing, but no more then 2 beers depending hoow much time till i leave. It not hard for me to say no to another beer even if it is handed to me. I'll just leave it on a table.

I actually don't even like going to the bars with my friends. I don't fit in with them or the crowd. I prefer a simple setting where i can actually hear the person next to me with out blarring music in the background.

Quote:
I'm all Caballero
Old 04-03-2007
Veterano

now you have me thinking...good luck, u might as well try NA while you're at it.
Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Charro View Post
Weak!

I don't really approve of drunkness, I almost look down on it on a public level. I use to be a heavy drinker when i was younger. They use to call me the alcoholic. I think i hit my peak when i was 19-20. I didn't even go out on my 21st birthday.

I do drink but to enjoy it. Most of the time if i'm out with my buddys i just drink a beer other time nothing, but no more then 2 beers depending hoow much time till i leave. It not hard for me to say no to another beer even if it is handed to me. I'll just leave it on a table.

I actually don't even like going to the bars with my friends. I don't fit in with them or the crowd. I prefer a simple setting where i can actually hear the person next to me with out blarring music in the background.
I understand what your saying....
at times i do ok by setting my limits.
other times i say fuk it and wanna drink the whole bottle. i've done enough drinking i say. though a casual drink doesn't hurt now and then, i would rather shut it out completely. just to see how my life turns out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-TOWN View Post
now you have me thinking...good luck, u might as well try NA while you're at it.
wtf is NA

Last edited by FreedomNow; 04-03-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: double posts, please use edit button or multi quote feature!
Old 04-03-2007
♥almost doesnt count♥
Director

Send a message via MSN to 818_TEARS

you can do it~!!!! just go for it! dont let anyone or anything change ur mind! do it!
Old 04-03-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

Good for you. Made myself a similar promise a while back. Drinking was way out of hand and decided to make some necessary changes in my life. I won't kid you. I still drink from time to time, but nowhere near the amounts I use to drink.

My first real challenge was during the holidays, new years eve especially but I managed.

Best of luck.
Old 04-03-2007
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
Good for you. Made myself a similar promise a while back. Drinking was way out of hand and decided to make some necessary changes in my life. I won't kid you. I still drink from time to time, but nowhere near the amounts I use to drink.

My first real challenge was during the holidays, new years eve especially but I managed.

Best of luck.

Use SJ as an inspiration. He made a promise and as for how his life turned out, well, lets just say he has a nice website
Old 04-03-2007
Chicle

Send a message via MSN to la_firme_baby_doll Send a message via Yahoo to la_firme_baby_doll

if you have alot of faith in yourself to do many things, then i am sure that you can have lots of faith on stopping this!! good luck!!!! take care!!
Old 04-03-2007
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to da_payaso

Your so full of shit!! lol, this is the same thing my bro says the next day after a party..all throwin' up and shit! haha.."Im done, Im done, I'll never drin...BLEAHHH!!"...haha, shake it off!
-Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.-
http://www.lambda1975.org
The FIRST Latino's Down!!
Old 04-03-2007
SuaveHighTimes

Na, it can be done. I gave up drinking all hard liquor; brandy, tequila, gin, whatever.

I thought it'd be tough but it really wasnt. I still drink the occasional beer but I try to limit myself to no more then 3 or 4. If I have 6 i've had to much.

i'm pretty happy about my decision and yeah at first everyone gave me crap about quitting but slowly and surely they've come to respect my wishes.

Good luck. I hope you stay on track.
Old 04-03-2007
Gunner

Another thought might be to think of the money your saving. That stuff must add up. Stay focused.
Old 04-03-2007
Veterano

Send a message via Yahoo to Mousiie

Awww Wheels.. You can do it.. as long as you don't listen to the fools that say you can't... And no worries.. I'll still kick it with you. I don't drink that much anyways..
Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to PoeticPapi Send a message via Yahoo to PoeticPapi

I Used To Do The Same Thing After A While I Just Got Bored Of Drinking. It Wasnt Fun Anymore. I Do Have Storys From Back In The Day About Things Ive Done That I Wouldnt Change. But I Got Bored Of Drinking I Always Hated How The First Shot Or Beer Tasted. Now Everytime I Drink That First One Is Still Nasty I Cant Finish. Weird I Know Lmao
Old 04-03-2007
Veterano

I have faith in you Wheels
Its easier than you think - and those that say nay - well, they're just afraid. I am glad you aren't. You are actually very brave. It takes courage to go against the grain.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to PoeticPapi Send a message via Yahoo to PoeticPapi

Lol And It Hurts To Shave My Head Against The Grain.

But Yeah Man I Hope Ya Work Thru This And I Hope Ya Find Yourself In A Better World When You Have It Out Of Your Life
Old 04-03-2007
Veterano

I wish you luck Wheels - I beileve that you can do it .. it's all in the mind - and you're stong minded .. so yeah, you can definitely do it!!

Keep us posted!!

If it has tires or testicles,
it's gonna give you problems
Old 04-03-2007
Maestro

thanks for the encouragement my soy familia. i thought would be wrong to create such thread but looking for way out. i've been wanted to stop long ago.....the turnout was heavier drinking which in turned to drugs and crap. though i've cut off alot drinking remains a prob. my mother says it's hereditary because my father and grandfather were heavy drinkers. i say it's a bunch of b/s. but just looking out for myself...i don't want cirrhosis, alzheimers disease, and hepatitis which can be caused by heavy drinking.

i will keep posting on progress and fuck ups. Who needs AA...i have soy

Last edited by wheelsofsteel; 04-03-2007 at 02:54 PM. Reason: edit
Old 04-03-2007
Veterano

^^ So GREAT .. YOU're gonna be the one that breaks that cycle (regarding what your mom said)!!

If it has tires or testicles,
it's gonna give you problems
Old 04-03-2007
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsofsteel View Post
wtf is NA
NA IS NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS... AND HEY YOU CAN DO IT I GOT FAITH IN YOU.. AND I'LL HIT AN AA MEETING WITH YOU WHILE I'M DOWN THERE