Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Current Events > What's in the News

What's in the News Have a discussion about something going on in the News

Old 08-28-2009
Maestro

Default My butler accused for attempted kidnapping....

Police: Teen, her mom escaped abductors who sought to prevent testimony in sex assault case

12:00 AM CDT on Friday, August 28, 2009
By STEVE THOMPSON / The Dallas Morning News
stevethompson@dallasnews.com
A man accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl is suspected in a plot to abduct her to keep her from testifying at his trial next month.

Authorities say Ezequiel Moreno, 45, may be involved in the kidnapping of the girl and her mother Wednesday night from a Far North Dallas shopping center. The plot to take them to the Mexican border failed, and by early Thursday mother and daughter were safe.

Police spent Thursday searching for Moreno's girlfriend, who they say carried out the scheme. They arrested the girlfriend's cousin, who they say helped her.

Authorities say the pair pretended to be federal immigration officers as the mother and daughter, who are Hispanic, left a singing practice at the shopping center sometime after 10 p.m. Wednesday.

They flashed some identification, handcuffed the girl and her mother, and put them in the back of a four-door Lincoln. They steered south onto Interstate 35E, saying they were headed to a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement center.

The girl, now 16, said Thursday that she and her mother asked the purported immigration officers to loosen the handcuffs.

"They said they couldn't because they were doing their job," the girl said in an interview. She and her mother are not being named because The Dallas Morning News typically does not identify victims of sexual assault.

By the time they reached Austin, the girl said, she and her mother became convinced they were being kidnapped.

"Keep faith that God is going to help us through this," the girl said her mother told her.

To the kidnappers, her mother demanded: "Where are you taking us? Stop the car!"

When they didn't, the girl said, her mother climbed into the front seat with their captors. With her hands still cuffed, she began head butting and kicking them. They pulled the car over and opened the door as they tried to get her under control, and she wriggled out onto the roadside.

"My mom, she just got up and started running away," the girl said. The kidnappers shut the door and drove on. Now the girl was alone with them.

"I was crying really bad," the girl said. "And what hurt me more was my mom was left on the side of the freeway, and I didn't know what happened to her."

As it turned out, her mother was able to flag down an Austin police officer, and soon authorities were searching for the Lincoln.

When the girl and her captors arrived in the San Antonio area, they stopped at a gas station ostensibly to meet other immigration agents to complete paperwork about the mother's escape, the girl said.

The girl said she looked out the window, furtively trying to get someone's attention. But no one noticed her.

At this point, the pair of kidnappers split up, and the man drove away with the girl. Not far down the road, he stopped the car.

"Remember that your mom said that God was with you tonight," the girl said he told her. "He is with you tonight because I'm going to let you go free."

He unlocked her handcuffs, and let her out of the car. She stopped a passing truck, and the driver helped her to a phone.

About 4 a.m., a Hays County sheriff's deputy spotted the Lincoln. Authorities arrested its driver, 40-year-old Michael Steve Garcia, on a kidnapping charge.

Inside the car, they found a passport belonging to his suspected accomplice, 39-year-old Rosemary Garza Inocencio. Police were still searching for her Thursday and believed she may have returned to the Dallas area.

Under questioning, Garcia told Austin police Inocencio was his cousin.

He said he thought Inocencio's boyfriend, who police believe is Moreno, was following the Lincoln in another car as they headed south. When Inocencio got out at the gas station and said someone else would pick her up, Garcia said, he began to fear she was setting him up somehow. That's why he let the girl go, he said.

Afterward, Garcia said, Inocencio became enraged at him for not following through with the plot.

Authorities searched Thursday for Moreno, who has been out of jail on bail. His attorney said he couldn't comment before talking with his client.

Last year, Moreno and the girl were in a band together in which he was the leader and she was the singer. Dallas police say they became involved in a sexual relationship.

When the mother learned of it, she called authorities. Police say in July 2008, after the girl allowed investigators to record a phone call during which Moreno admitted having sex with her, he was arrested.

"He just changed my life," the girl said Thursday. She used to laugh a lot, she said.

"Now all the happiness has stopped, just because of him."
Old 08-28-2009
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: My butler accused for attempted kidnapping....

Link?

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 08-28-2009
Veterano

link
link
link!!!!
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 08-30-2009
Veterano

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4bdaf69.html

^^ There is the link.. Mike is a fool, I feel bad for the guy, but it was a stupid decision on his part. He's getting FED time for sure.