Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health > Men's Health

Men's Health Discuss topics pertaining to Men's Health.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2015
sweetnspicy79's Avatar
sweetnspicy79 sweetnspicy79 is offline
Chicle
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 117
Default Shave Club 2015

Do any of the Soy Chicano men have a subscription to the dollar shave club? or something similar. I want to get my dad a sub, but I want reviews or like personal experiences with customer service and quality and such.Discuss!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2015
tecpaocelotl's Avatar
tecpaocelotl tecpaocelotl is offline
The one and only
Presidente
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 27,690
Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: Shave Club 2015

I rarely grow facial hair so something like that is a waste for me. LOL.
__________________
"Don't Demonstrate, Infiltrate! From within you can help those without." -Jorge Le Rand

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2015
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: Shave Club 2015

Shaving is for bitches. I occasionally clean up my neck with a beard trimmer but that's it. If I were to shave like some sort of corporate pussy, I'd get an old school safety razor
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-22-2015
SJ's Avatar
SJ SJ is offline
Site Admin
Presidente
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: L.A.
Posts: 18,481
Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default Re: Shave Club 2015

I use Harry's. Because of them I discovered the awesomeness that is shaving cream. I can't stand foam or gel anymore or anything coming out of a can, which they didn't have when I first started to use them.

their razors are pretty awesome, love the feel and they seem to last longer than crap Gillette and Schick puts outs and it's not crazy expensive.

do find out how often your dad shaves though before deciding because it will matter what subscription to get.

I dont go through many blades myself since I am not shaving everything off(leave my 'stache and goatee alone) and I shave every other day.

Last edited by SJ; 12-22-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-2015
sweetnspicy79's Avatar
sweetnspicy79 sweetnspicy79 is offline
Chicle
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 117
Default Re: Shave Club 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl View Post
I rarely grow facial hair so something like that is a waste for me. LOL.
Aww Tec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
I use Harry's. Because of them I discovered the awesomeness that is shaving cream. I can't stand foam or gel anymore or anything coming out of a can, which they didn't have when I first started to use them.

their razors are pretty awesome, love the feel and they seem to last longer than crap Gillette and Schick puts outs and it's not crazy expensive.

do find out how often your dad shaves though before deciding because it will matter what subscription to get.

I dont go through many blades myself since I am not shaving everything off(leave my 'stache and goatee alone) and I shave every other day.
Thank you for your input, SJ. I shall find out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-29-2015
wheelsofsteel wheelsofsteel is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,378
Default Re: Shave Club 2015

dollar shave subscription is decent. i get blades every three months for like 6 bucks. pretty good. they last. their handles are heavy which i like. affordable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-29-2015
ImmortalX's Avatar
ImmortalX ImmortalX is offline
Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 42
Default Re: Shave Club 2015

I am also a subscriber with the Dollar Shave Club. You can also check out: groominglounge.com and westcoastshaving.com if your dad like the traditional wet shave with a classic cut throat razor.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2016
sweetnspicy79's Avatar
sweetnspicy79 sweetnspicy79 is offline
Chicle
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 117
Default Re: Shave Club 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsofsteel View Post
dollar shave subscription is decent. i get blades every three months for like 6 bucks. pretty good. they last. their handles are heavy which i like. affordable.
Thank you for sharing, wheels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalX View Post
I am also a subscriber with the Dollar Shave Club. You can also check out: groominglounge.com and westcoastshaving.com if your dad like the traditional wet shave with a classic cut throat razor.
I will check them out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:41 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are © copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.