Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   Comments, Praises, Suggestions, or Complaints (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Why don't you post?! (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=56845)

*mr*Manuel 12-28-2018 08:42 AM

Re: Why don't you post?!

WOW, its truly been years since I have been here. Well, I need to Bookmarks this place...

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all...

LaChavela 12-28-2018 10:47 AM

Hey!!! So Nice to see you on line

xicanachick 08-27-2019 07:25 PM

:lol:

This turned out to be a great thread.

93FLEETWOOD 09-12-2019 11:06 PM

Looking at it now, i'm kinda surprised how this place is still online. Someone, somehow is still paying for this. Maybe they got a deal(buy one, get one free), my web browsers are saying this place isn't "secure", so it's not priority. I'm thinking if people start posting and visiting here again, it might get more bots. The facebook page looks like it post more frequently. There was no post for thread for the entire 2017 year?(unless it was deleted).

xicanachick 09-13-2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD (Post 1513227)
Looking at it now, i'm kinda surprised how this place is still online. Someone, somehow is still paying for this. Maybe they got a deal(buy one, get one free), my web browsers are saying this place isn't "secure", so it's not priority. I'm thinking if people start posting and visiting here again, it might get more bots. The facebook page looks like it post more frequently. There was no post for thread for the entire 2017 year?(unless it was deleted).

Yeah, mods don't have the ability to do any maintenance. It's all up to el Mero Mero Sal and it's not a priority from what I can tell.

No bots! It's annoying to keep watch for them. lol.

Also, I completely forgot there was a facebook page about Soy. Haha. Not like I would post on there anyway :)

93FLEETWOOD 09-15-2019 11:18 PM

I know they got twitter and IG, they dead too or like automated.

xicanachick 09-18-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD (Post 1513239)
I know they got twitter and IG, they dead too or like automated.

Yeah, it's all automated. I took a look at the FB group and only Sal has the ability to post, but from the transcript it looks like it's just a transcription of an online show or podcast? There are occasionally posts about news and what not but it's all curated by Sal.

Looks like the twitter is just reposting things from FB.

93FLEETWOOD 09-18-2019 06:46 PM

Yea, it kinda looks spam-y and people want to avoid stuff like that.

xicanachick 09-25-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD (Post 1513247)
Yea, it kinda looks spam-y and people want to avoid stuff like that.

Yeah. In my opinion, it would be better for it to be a Facebook group as opposed to a page. A page is best when it's an organization or business that is constantly putting out information for its customers or clients. But Soy is meant to be a community, and a Facebook group would allow folks to post their own articles or ideas without it being curated by Sal. Just my two cents :)

LaChavela 12-01-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xicanachick (Post 1513249)
Yeah. In my opinion, it would be better for it to be a Facebook group as opposed to a page. A page is best when it's an organization or business that is constantly putting out information for its customers or clients. But Soy is meant to be a community, and a Facebook group would allow folks to post their own articles or ideas without it being curated by Sal. Just my two cents :)

I agree

Tangaxoan 01-15-2020 07:16 PM

Hello everyone��

oOKlumZieOo 03-08-2020 03:23 PM

these forums were the best thing ever! bring them back with all the originals! lol

93FLEETWOOD 04-18-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xicanachick (Post 1495744)
Why don't you post?

I'm just noticing sometimes you can't login, as in you type everything right and after you click 'log in' it redirects back to the main forums page but still logged out. It happens with both chrome desktop and android browsers, I haven't tried anything else though. What I've found to work is google-ing 'soychicano' and clicking on the resulted link:

http://www.soychicano.com/

www.soychicano.com
Soy Chicano Forums

what mostly doesn't work for me is going by the auto-typed history redirect on the address bar on either platforms.

idk maybe it's just me or it happens to others, and well they could think that the site is down or doesn't work.

xicanachick 04-20-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD (Post 1513289)
I'm just noticing sometimes you can't login, as in you type everything right and after you click 'log in' it redirects back to the main forums page but still logged out. It happens with both chrome desktop and android browsers, I haven't tried anything else though. What I've found to work is google-ing 'soychicano' and clicking on the resulted link:

www.soychicano.com
Soy Chicano Forums

what mostly doesn't work for me is going by the auto-typed history redirect on the address bar on either platforms.

idk maybe it's just me or it happens to others, and well they could think that the site is down or doesn't work.

You're seeing the main page, the one that had sections for news, and most recently posted threads, and what not? I haven't seen that page in years. Can you take a screenshot of the page?

TBH I don't know that it'll get fixed. As you know there are a lot of errors on the forum that have been around for years.

ImmortalX 04-22-2020 02:42 PM

Last time I tried to access this site it was down. Now, it is and this site isnt very active.

xicanachick 04-23-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalX (Post 1513293)
Last time I tried to access this site it was down. Now, it is and this site isnt very active.

Lol. Makes sense.

*mr*Manuel 04-24-2020 01:25 PM

Use to be a VERY active site....:rolleyes:

xicanachick 04-28-2020 01:45 AM

Yeah, I want to say it was super active '04/'05 - '09/'10.

2011, 2012 and 2013 were still active, but was starting to slow down. 2013 is when I made this thread haha

SJ 08-16-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD (Post 1513289)

www.soychicano.com
Soy Chicano Forums

this happened to me too. I had to use safari to be able to login. with chrome I wasn't able to.

LaChavela 08-26-2020 11:28 AM

I use safari and have no problem