Soy Chicano Forums

Soy Chicano Forums (http://www.soychicano.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.soychicano.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   is weed really that bad (http://www.soychicano.com/showthread.php?t=33856)

texasmademexican 08-10-2007 11:27 PM

is weed really that bad

ok is weed really that bad i mean i heard its bad but i dont know is it bad

texasmademexican 08-10-2007 11:42 PM

Re: is weed really that bad

yea lol i smoke like i use 2 when i was going 2 skool i use 2 wake and bake then at skool during da lunches leave and go smoke some more i keeped high lol now dat on summer vacation well i dont wake up early so i smoked once in a while when my homeboyz parents aint at his house lol but naw i went 2 skool blowed and i took this test readin and i got commended performace means i only missed like 2 questions

texasmademexican 08-10-2007 11:51 PM

idk yet all i kno is imma have 2 quit smokin weed on september 25 cuz dats my birthday means i turn 16 means i got 2 get a job

VeryVicalicious 08-11-2007 12:05 AM

Fuck It!!! Puff Puff Pass!!!! Anybody Wants To Cheef? Lol I Juss Wanted To Say That Stuff...

wheelsofsteel 08-11-2007 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeryVicalicious (Post 688619)
Fuck It!!! Puff Puff Pass!!!! Anybody Wants To Cheef? Lol I Juss Wanted To Say That Stuff...

quit flirting girl..bhave damnit!!!!

mariposa 08-11-2007 01:39 AM

i was going to clean my room...but then i got high...

some ppl (well the ones that smoke it) say its not that bad, but the ones that dont want you to smoke it say it is....so its probably somewhere in the middle.

crazyiris 08-11-2007 03:11 AM

"I'm high on life and drunk on Jesus"

Ms_Chicana 08-11-2007 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyiris (Post 688710)
"I'm high on life and drunk on Jesus"

You still with that!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

crazyiris 08-11-2007 03:20 AM

hell yeah

ha ha ha

I cant even smoke it anymore nor care for it.

QMX 08-11-2007 03:31 AM

weed is a gift. its "bad" cause it exposes your true feelings and puts them in front of you to deal with. creator forbid we deal and correctly manage our personal reality.

Ms_Chicana 08-11-2007 03:40 AM

I smoke it, sometimes. I don't care much for it, though..

Ralo El Dorado 08-11-2007 04:34 AM

Video: Tommy Chung breaks down how Mexicans brought weed into the U.S. and by criminalizing weed it enabled the criminalization of Mexicans or minorities who smoked weed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAT2NlN-F6o

http://www.soychicano.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31549

The Mexican Connection

In the early 1900s, the western states developed significant tensions regarding the influx of Mexican-Americans. The revolution in Mexico in 1910 spilled over the border, with General Pershing's army clashing with bandit Pancho Villa. Later in that decade, bad feelings developed between the small farmer and the large farms that used cheaper Mexican labor. Then, the depression came and increased tensions, as jobs and welfare resources became scarce.

One of the "differences" seized upon during this time was the fact that many Mexicans smoked marijuana and had brought the plant with them.

However, the first state law outlawing marijuana did so not because of Mexicans using the drug. Oddly enough, it was because of Mormons using it. Mormons who traveled to Mexico in 1910 came back to Salt Lake City with marijuana. The church was not pleased and ruled against use of the drug. Since the state of Utah automatically enshrined church doctrine into law, the first state marijuana prohibition was established in 1915. (Today, Senator Orrin Hatch serves as the prohibition arm of this heavily church-influenced state.)

Other states quickly followed suit with marijuana prohibition laws, including Wyoming (1915), Texas (1919), Iowa (1923), Nevada (1923), Oregon (1923), Washington (1923), Arkansas (1923), and Nebraska (1927). These laws tended to be specifically targeted against the Mexican-American population.

When Montana outlawed marijuana in 1927, the Butte Montana Standard reported a legislator's comment: "When some beet field peon takes a few traces of this stuff... he thinks he has just been elected president of Mexico, so he starts out to execute all his political enemies." In Texas, a senator said on the floor of the Senate: "All Mexicans are crazy, and this stuff [marijuana] is what makes them crazy."

Jazz and Assassins

In the eastern states, the "problem" was attributed to a combination of Latin Americans and black jazz musicians. Marijuana and jazz traveled from New Orleans to Chicago, and then to Harlem, where marijuana became an indispensable part of the music scene, even entering the language of the black hits of the time (Louis Armstrong's "Muggles", Cab Calloway's "That Funny Reefer Man", Fats Waller's "Viper's Drag").

Again, racism was part of the charge against marijuana, as newspapers in 1934 editorialized: "Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice."

Two other fear-tactic rumors started to spread: one, that Mexicans, Blacks and other foreigners were snaring white children with marijuana; and two, the story of the "assassins." Early stories of Marco Polo had told of "hasheesh-eaters" or hashashin, from which derived the term "assassin." In the original stories, these professional killers were given large doses of hashish and brought to the ruler's garden (to give them a glimpse of the paradise that awaited them upon successful completion of their mission). Then, after the effects of the drug disappeared, the assassin would fulfill his ruler's wishes with cool, calculating loyalty.

By the 1930s, the story had changed. Dr. A. E. Fossier wrote in the 1931 New Orleans Medical and Surgical Journal: "Under the influence of hashish those fanatics would madly rush at their enemies, and ruthlessly massacre every one within their grasp." Within a very short time, marijuana started being linked to violent behavior.

DeBahJiMon 08-11-2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quimix (Post 688722)
weed is a gift. its "bad" cause it exposes your true feelings and puts them in front of you to deal with. creator forbid we deal and correctly manage our personal reality.

There is some truth to this statement.I have been clean from the herb for over two months now.The main reason I quit is I was starting to get a little paranoid and started to get anxiety.Since then I feel no desire to get high any more,maybe thats a good thing.

DeeDee 08-11-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasmademexican (Post 688610)
ok is weed really that bad i mean i heard its bad but i dont know is it bad

Yes. Weed is bad. It makes people lethargic, on the other hand, running/cycling/swimming will give you a natural high and energy.

texasmademexican 08-11-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeryVicalicious (Post 688619)

huh dats wuz up lets smoke a sweet i got like a 20 sack right now

SDx 08-11-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsagleaming (Post 688611)

it messes with your lungs, has more carcinogens than cigs. but i think we've all done it for a while.

It has yet to be proven to cause cancer, and plus...you can always use either a bong for filtration, or just bake it into foods (or use a vaporizer)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsagleaming (Post 688613)
that's good, if it starts interfering with the things that really matter in your life and future like school, and your ultimate dreams in life just set the glass down and let it cool long as it takes.

what are your dreams in life?

This one's pretty ambiguous. My take on this is that those that smoke and don't do anything with their lives, had no goals to begin with. I know PLENTY of people here in college getting their degrees that smoke eeeeeeeeeeeevery day. :p

INDEPENDENT CHICANA 08-11-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDXicano85 (Post 688804)
or just bake it into foods

mmmmmmmmm.... bud brownies!!!!!!!

texasmademexican 08-11-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDEPENDENT CHICANA (Post 688805)
mmmmmmmmm.... bud brownies!!!!!!!

hell yea they good 2 me and my homeboyz made some last time and we was smokin still and eatin da brownies

INDEPENDENT CHICANA 08-11-2007 11:42 AM

^^damn... it's been years since i've had some but man we used the "weed oil" for like 3 days straight in everything...breakfast lunch dinner..snacks....damn

*sings* back in tha days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore..............

texasmademexican 08-11-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDEPENDENT CHICANA (Post 688812)
^^damn... it's been years since i've had some but man we used the "weed oil" for like 3 days straight in everything...breakfast lunch dinner..snacks....damn

*sings* back in tha days when I was young I'm not a kid anymore..............

welll im still a kid lol so i b gettin blowed drunk lol like 2day imma go get blowed with my homeboy

godisred 08-11-2007 12:13 PM

Weed like anything that is abused or used over a long period of time will have negative effects on the body.

Weed does not make everyone that smokes it lazy, just like drinking does not make everyone violent.

The worse problem of long term abuse is short term memory loss, as well as lung damage. Granted lung damage will occur just living in a modern city.

I know many many people who smoke; Business owners, Executives for Fortune 500 companies, Information Security personal, etc.
Granted these people don't abuse it, they don't smoke all day. Smoking after a long day of work or on the weekends is no different then heading to the bar.

Some people also prefer using it for pain over harsh drugs like Vicodin.

As for it being addictive, this would depend on the person.

Weed comes in many forms of edibles now days. You can get pasta, soda, popcorn, chips, cereal, ice cream, hot sauce, etc.

I personally pefer to be around weed users then I do around people who drink.

texasmademexican 08-11-2007 12:19 PM

and this a good song 2 jam when ur high belive me lol its classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lQz4nd6nqU

and also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6NmW8gLm34

Ms_Chicana 08-11-2007 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDXicano85 (Post 688804)
I know PLENTY of people here in college getting their degrees that smoke eeeeeeeeeeeevery day. :p

Hahahahaha. Very true.
:p

Ralo El Dorado 08-11-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeBahJiMon (Post 688767)
I have been clean from the herb for over two months now.The main reason I quit is I was starting to get a little paranoid and started to get anxiety.Since then I feel no desire to get high any more,maybe thats a good thing.

Same here. Its been years since I puff on yeska but on very rare occasions I will only huff and puff on some mota only if its Chronic or purple kush. I will not ever smoke the cheap ass weed again

texasmademexican 08-11-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralo El Dorado (Post 688897)
Same here. Its been years since I puff on yeska but on very rare occasions I will only huff and puff on some mota only if its Chronic or purple kush. I will not ever smoke the cheap ass weed again

hell yea cheap weed sucks get some hydro thats damm lol

Ralo El Dorado 08-11-2007 05:07 PM

^ hell yeah, smoking the cheap shit is waste of time and money and not even worth it. Since I hardly ever smoke except for rare occasions I get some very nice mellow highs unlike the highs I get from the cheep shit

ExtaZy 08-11-2007 05:10 PM

kUSH IS GOOD.. PERO I DON'T THINK WEED IS BAD..IT DOES DAMAGES YOU OVER THE YEARS BUT NOTHING BAD 4RM WHAT I HEAR

Ralo El Dorado 08-11-2007 05:12 PM

^ that's why it shouldn't be abused

texasmademexican 08-11-2007 05:18 PM

yea but yea wat i dont like is people that trip out when u smoke dat just fucks up my high or when people all they do is smoke and never put it 2 get more weed

818_TEARS 08-12-2007 09:40 PM

I dont know it hasnt affected me nah jp i dont know they say it is but i guess just like any addition it's bad too...any type of addiction

SJ 08-15-2007 11:59 PM

it's not that bad...then again it's not that good either. :lol:

I guess if you are going to do it, do it responsibly and don't be stupid by letting it ruin your life.

mexichick02 08-16-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quimix

This is soo true, everytime I've done it it's like I turn inside out. Everything I conciously block out of my mind (feeling, issues, etc...) tends to rise to the surface and I can't stop thinking about it. It IS like I have to deal with it all over again. That's why I don't do it anymore.... it's fucks up my high.

EL SALSA 08-16-2007 09:18 AM

aight. if you don't smoke weed, watch this video...Katt Williams (money mike in friday after next) explains to you why you should. he speaks the TRUTH! if you don't laugh your retarded...lol

EquiS 07-14-2010 02:34 PM

no, no its not..

Tony602 07-15-2010 02:42 PM

weed makes you lazy

Suavecitita 07-15-2010 04:11 PM

Yes, it is bad. It sometimes ruins relationships and friendships.

EquiS 07-15-2010 05:15 PM

if someone doesnt want to be you bf or gf or even just your friend just bc you smoke weed - they dont deserve you anyway and they wouldnt've been that great of "friends" anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony602 (Post 1423362)
weed makes you lazy

so does eating mashed potatoes
and a million other things non smokers do

93FLEETWOOD 07-15-2010 11:25 PM

it's not THAT bad, but i on't think it's beneficial-ably either...it's just society votes for it to be highly bad, drug tests for work, laws, and stuff, than again it's just common sense, you know....

Tony602 07-15-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquiS (Post 1423375)
if someone doesnt want to be you bf or gf or even just your friend just bc you smoke weed - they dont deserve you anyway and they wouldnt've been that great of "friends" anyway.

so does eating mashed potatoes
and a million other things non smokers do

you don't have to think much when you are high

SuaveHighTimes 07-16-2010 07:17 AM

People, especially young teens abuse the hell out of weed which in turn only beefs up the arguments against it. For some reason, some folks tend to think that to smoke weed you either have to roll a joint or two, fill a bong, roll a blunt, etc etc to get high when in fact all you really need is just a one hitter or two and youre set for 2-4 hours. If you need to be any higher than that then you probably shouldnt be smoking. Also, smoking before school or work or before anything that requires your full attention is just stupid and setting you up for failure. Like every thing else that inhibits your senses, it must be used responsibly and in moderation.

Suavecitita 07-16-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EquiS (Post 1423375)

Being in a relationship with someone who smokes weed and you don't CAN be a problem. Especially when you're NOT the weed smoker and your significant other is. It creates a problem when they prefer weed over you.

Observer 07-16-2010 05:59 PM

Weed is gateway drug...
Hugs not drugs!

iluvskittles 07-16-2010 07:20 PM

simon..but fuk it..
la pinche adiccion..

texasmademexican 12-27-2011 09:44 PM

i come to find out its not that bad

XxXDrEaMeRXxX 12-28-2011 12:09 AM

not at all.. it can make u lazy tho. =/

GoldenArms 12-28-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXDrEaMeRXxX (Post 1474382)
not at all.. it can make u lazy tho. =/

You need to find a better dealer. Usually with weed you're going to find shit that's going to effect your body (indica) look out for sativas they are amazing. Sativas go straight to your head and wake you up. It's an all head high.

nina_bonita 12-28-2011 07:59 PM

"Nada hace dano, el exceso es lo que chinga"

^_^

Lamberto Quintero 12-28-2011 08:16 PM

It's great.

XxXDrEaMeRXxX 12-28-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenArms (Post 1474389)
You need to find a better dealer. Usually with weed you're going to find shit that's going to effect your body (indica) look out for sativas they are amazing. Sativas go straight to your head and wake you up. It's an all head high.

How would u know tho? Im not talking about me tho.. I rarely smoke. I know some people who smoke all the time tho and their motivation is kinda gone.

GoldenArms 12-28-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXDrEaMeRXxX (Post 1474431)
How would u know tho? Im not talking about me tho.. I rarely smoke. I know some people who smoke all the time tho and their motivation is kinda gone.

Good dealers (which are rare) will let you try out the merchandise first. If you feel like you don't want to even move it's Indica if it goes to your head and you get all giggly and shit it's a Sativa.

Maybe they're just fucking losers?