Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Community > Welcome Center

Welcome Center Take the time to introduce yourself to this community! This is a place to welcome new members joining the site or welcome back members who have been gone.

Old 12-08-2011
Prospect

Default Hi from OLDSCHOOL

Born And Raised In N.e.l.a(north East Los Angeles), Raised In The Late 60's, My Teen Years In The Mid 70's. My Grandfather, Father, Mother, And Myself, All Born In The General Hospital, Later Known As The Usc Med Center. I Guess This Would Qualify Me As An Angelino? Although Los Has It's Bad Raps, My Blood Has La ,and Always Will. Anyhow, What Got Me To This Site, Was Typing In The Word Cholo. My Primos Mom Would Call Us That, But It Was To Cause Embarrassment,on Our Behalf, But I've Always Loved The Style, As A Matter Of Fact, When Not Working, I Dress The Old School Style Of My Time: Friscos, Imperials, French Toes, Hush Puppies, Pendeltons, Tango Hats, Can't Do The Hair Net No More, The Hair Is Gone; Just Kidding. Alway Had The Lowrider In The Blood, Still Cruize A Bomb, Thats My Therapy, Although I Never Pay Attention, Those Who Take A Spin With Me, Say The Ride Turns Heads, But Im Not Into To That, Just Like Going Into The Past, Oh Yea, With The Oldies, , Or Latin Soul Jamming. Just Cracks Me Up On Some Of The Post People ,talking How Crazy They Are, I Say Just Be Yourself, Whats Old School To One, May Be New School To Another. Like I Said, My Old School Was Mid 70's. By The Way, Remember The Eighteen Strap Black Sandals, Dug Wearing Those With Dickies, And Cords. Also Had The Two Straps, But The 18 Straps Were The S.@t. Yea , Buying Rolas In Down Town La "american Music" Located On Forth & Broadwy, Also At "sound Of Music" In East Los, On Whittier Blvd, Or "norwalk Records". Hope I Brought Some Memories Back? Oldschool.
Old 12-08-2011
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default Re: Cholo Style.

welcome to the site
Old 12-08-2011
Gunner

..for life. Stay True.
Old 12-09-2011
Prospect

Thanks, Keeping It Oldschool!
Old 12-09-2011
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Man I have no idea what you just said. Maybe its because I know nothing of the cholo lifestyle.
Aside from what American Me and Blood in Blood out has taught me.

la primera lives eh
Old 12-09-2011
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

We do what we do ese
Old 12-09-2011
Supporter
Veterano

Welcome to SoyChicano OLDSCHOOL!

Glad to see someone appreciates the Old School style of life. Glad you decided to drop by and hope to see more of you around.

Have Fun!
Old 12-09-2011
Miss Mod
Veterano

welcome to soy!

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.

- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Old 12-09-2011
Chicle

Forget the past...live in the present and dream for the future!
Old 12-09-2011
Supporter
Veterano

Old 12-10-2011
Director

Welcome to soy Oldschool, Im not on much anymore but love hearing some old stories and experiences thanks
Old 12-10-2011
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Man I have no idea what you just said. Maybe its because I know nothing of the cholo lifestyle.
Aside from what American Me and Blood in Blood out has taught me.

la primera lives eh
WELL, THAT WAS MY ERA, THE MOVIES YOU REPLIED TO. THAT WAS THE DRESS STYLE, AND THE LINGO. YOU EVER SEEN THE MOVIE" BLVD NIGHTS" ? THAT WAS MY ERA AS WELL. AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE FILMED ALOT OF THE MOVE AT MY FRIEND BIRDS HOUSE. I WAS FIFTEEN, AND HUNG AT ATE WITH THE MOVIE CREW, I TOLD THEM, "IF YOU NEED EXTRAS, HERE WE ARE, WERE ALREADY DRESSED FOR THE PART". WE GOT TO EAT WITH THEM. GOOD MEMORIES, BUT STILL ENJOYING THE NEW MEMORIES, AS LIFE GOES ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
We do what we do ese
WE'LL IF YOUR INTO THE OG STYLE, SPORT IT! IF INTO THE NEW, OR WHATEVER IT MABE.

Gracias For The Welcome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicanachick View Post
welcome to soy!
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicanachick View Post
welcome to soy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACE View Post
Forget the past...live in the present and dream for the future!
OH YEA, I'VE LIVED THE PAST, ENJOYED EVERY BIT OF IT, PROVED THE SH@*Y TEACHERS WRONG, AN ENJOYING MY FUTURE. COUPLE OF BOMBAS, ONE FOR ME AND THE WIFE, AND A HARLEY EACH, AND ON & ON.... THANKS BE TO GOD FOR THE BLESSINGS, FROM THE KID THAT GOT THE STONES THROWN AT HIM FROM THE EDUCATORS. PROVE THEM WRONG; SUCCEED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDEPENDENT CHICANA View Post
Welcome to soy Oldschool, Im not on much anymore but love hearing some old stories and experiences thanks
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME, REALLY LIKE YOUR QUOTE. THERE IS NO TWO ALIKE!

Last edited by tecpaocelotl; 12-10-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-10-2011
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: Hi from OLDSCHOOL

Welcome to soy.

Please use the multi-quote feature instead of posting in consecutive posts.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 12-10-2011
Prospect

Gracias, Hope To Read Some Good Stories!
Old 12-10-2011
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSCHOOL View Post
Born And Raised In N.e.l.a(north East Los Angeles), Raised In The Late 60's, My Teen Years In The Mid 70's. My Grandfather, Father, Mother, And Myself, All Born In The General Hospital, Later Known As The Usc Med Center. I Guess This Would Qualify Me As An Angelino? Although Los Has It's Bad Raps, My Blood Has La ,and Always Will. Anyhow, What Got Me To This Site, Was Typing In The Word Cholo. My Primos Mom Would Call Us That, But It Was To Cause Embarrassment,on Our Behalf, But I've Always Loved The Style, As A Matter Of Fact, When Not Working, I Dress The Old School Style Of My Time: Friscos, Imperials, French Toes, Hush Puppies, Pendeltons, Tango Hats, Can't Do The Hair Net No More, The Hair Is Gone; Just Kidding. Alway Had The Lowrider In The Blood, Still Cruize A Bomb, Thats My Therapy, Although I Never Pay Attention, Those Who Take A Spin With Me, Say The Ride Turns Heads, But Im Not Into To That, Just Like Going Into The Past, Oh Yea, With The Oldies, , Or Latin Soul Jamming. Just Cracks Me Up On Some Of The Post People ,talking How Crazy They Are, I Say Just Be Yourself, Whats Old School To One, May Be New School To Another. Like I Said, My Old School Was Mid 70's. By The Way, Remember The Eighteen Strap Black Sandals, Dug Wearing Those With Dickies, And Cords. Also Had The Two Straps, But The 18 Straps Were The S.@t. Yea , Buying Rolas In Down Town La "american Music" Located On Forth & Broadwy, Also At "sound Of Music" In East Los, On Whittier Blvd, Or "norwalk Records". Hope I Brought Some Memories Back? Oldschool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSCHOOL View Post
WELL, THAT WAS MY ERA, THE MOVIES YOU REPLIED TO. THAT WAS THE DRESS STYLE, AND THE LINGO. YOU EVER SEEN THE MOVIE" BLVD NIGHTS" ? THAT WAS MY ERA AS WELL. AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE FILMED ALOT OF THE MOVE AT MY FRIEND BIRDS HOUSE. I WAS FIFTEEN, AND HUNG AT ATE WITH THE MOVIE CREW, I TOLD THEM, "IF YOU NEED EXTRAS, HERE WE ARE, WERE ALREADY DRESSED FOR THE PART". WE GOT TO EAT WITH THEM. GOOD MEMORIES, BUT STILL ENJOYING THE NEW MEMORIES, AS LIFE GOES ON.

WE'LL IF YOUR INTO THE OG STYLE, SPORT IT! IF INTO THE NEW, OR WHATEVER IT MABE.

Gracias For The Welcome !

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME!

OH YEA, I'VE LIVED THE PAST, ENJOYED EVERY BIT OF IT, PROVED THE SH@*Y TEACHERS WRONG, AN ENJOYING MY FUTURE. COUPLE OF BOMBAS, ONE FOR ME AND THE WIFE, AND A HARLEY EACH, AND ON & ON.... THANKS BE TO GOD FOR THE BLESSINGS, FROM THE KID THAT GOT THE STONES THROWN AT HIM FROM THE EDUCATORS. PROVE THEM WRONG; SUCCEED.

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME, REALLY LIKE YOUR QUOTE. THERE IS NO TWO ALIKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl View Post
Welcome to soy.

Please use the multi-quote feature instead of posting in consecutive posts.
While you're at it you might wanna find the
The enter/return key on your keyboard ... Helps to start a new paragraph and the caps lock prolly wouldn't kill a brother either ...

Welcome to soy

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 12-10-2011
Gunner

Haha, yall trying to school him..

Ey OLDSCHOOL, pues keep up and if you can post some pics or rides here ---> Post the latest pic of your ride!
Old 12-11-2011
Supporter
Veterano

^What a GREAT idea, Fleetwood. Let's see if OLDSCHOOL would be kind enough to share.
Old 12-11-2011
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD View Post
Haha, yall trying to school him..

Ey OLDSCHOOL, pues keep up and if you can post some pics or rides here ---> Post the latest pic of your ride!
HEY FLEETWOOD, I NOT TOO SHY TO ASK FOR HELP, SO LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO POST THE RIDES, AND I'LL SHOW THEM. JUST GOT RID OF MY 37 CHEVY 4DR. MASTER DELUXE, BUT STILL HAVE MY 46 CHEV 2DR. FLEETLINE(AREO SEDAN), AND THE 39 CHEV OPERA SPORT COUPE. ONCE I LEARN, AND GET THE TIME, I'LL POST THEM, LOTS OF O.T @ WORK, NEED THE FERIA FOR THE LIFE STYLE. THANKS, OLDSCHOOL.
Old 12-13-2011
Gunner

Aight, well first take pics with your cell phone, digital/film camera, whatever you have; or draw them. Then we'll see how you could upload them here or somewhere else.
Old 12-13-2011
Prospect

Well, I Have Photos, In My Computer, Just Need To Know, Where And How To Post Them. Thanks For The Patience.
Old 12-13-2011
Director

Welcome to Soy, OldSchool.
Old 12-13-2011
Prospect

Thanks !
Old 02-07-2012
Prospect

que onda vetrano u sound like the type of gente i grew up around
you know the friscos hushpuppys an pendletons we still sportin that look
homes alll outdated haha u from northeast? I was born out there in
norwalk southeast LA u might know some of my familia if you ran around
the calles laredos is the last name. U still new to the net i know the oldies
in my familias barley gettin the hang of facebook lookin for all the old homeboys from the neighborhood haha
Old 02-09-2012
Supporter
Veterano

OldSchool doesn't post much on here. Hopefully, he'll be back to respond back to you, SmoothCruz.

Old 02-09-2012
Prospect

Que Onda Smoothcruz909? Just Got Back From Another Trip To Hell And Back; Kinda Beat, I've Made The Trip Four Times Now! We'll, It Was A Taste Of Hell, And Then Some. Came Down With That Flu Bug Again, I Swear, It Must Be From Asia. The Last Time The Flu Was That Bad Was Back In The Eighties. We'll The Doc Finally , Decided To Give Me Some Meds After The Forth Trip, She A Good Doc, But Sometimes She Makes Me Go Though Hell. And Suavecitita, Thanks For The Notice, Of Me Not Being Around, Thought I Touched A Site That Had Been Burned Out. By The Way Smoothcruz, Don't Think I Know Your Familia, But To Have The Oldschool Style, They Could'nt Be Bad People. Check This Out, Youngster Friend Of Mine, Twenty-eight , Said He Went To Pick Up A Good Lookin Dame, He Was Dressed , Well The Gentleman Style: Dickies, Pendalton, Imperials, And A Tango. Said He Pulled Up, And The Beautiful Dame Opened The Door, And Laughed, And Said " Your Not Going Out Looking Like That Are You"? I Was Waiting On The Punch Line, But Was None. So, I Asked "why Did She Laugh"? He Said " Hommie , For Your Time It Was Cool, But Your Old Enough To Be My Father" . I Thought About It , And He Was Right, Im Forty-nine. You Know , A Teen Traped In A Mans Body. Poor Hommie, He's Trapped In An Old Soul , Is What I Told Him. The Deal Back In The Latter Seventies, Probably Th Last Of The Old School. We Dressed To Be Like Our Tio's, Fathers, Brothers, And Older Hommies. Fifteen, We Acted As If We Were 22. Now, Most Older Gente, Want To Be Like , And Look Like The Younger Generation; Different Strokes, For Different Folks.thats My Story. Oldschool