Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Entertainment > Websites and Webpages

Websites and Webpages This forum is to allow members to post about their personal website, webpages, blogs, forums, or discuss about other websites which merit discussion.

Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

Default Re: Help us spread the anti-gang message

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Californio View Post
I'm a (reluctant) Catholic.
me too, since july
Old 10-03-2007
Estudiante

Huitzilopochtli didnt 'require' human blood.

thanks!

steer our youth away from trouble, dont demonize the ancestors in the process.
[want them to feel bad about themselves even more by portraying those who roamed their land before them in a negative way?]
Old 10-03-2007
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSanto View Post
Last time I checked TLATOANI HUEYI CUAUHTEMOCTZIN was dead and there are no temples in his honour nor were there any churches where one could go to worship him.
I don't want to be rude, but there is a church in Mexico that has Cuauhtemoc bones:

http://www.soychicano.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10682

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 10-03-2007
Chicle

Is everyone on this website anti-Christian? You all are focusing on what's been said about Huitzilopotchli and have not even commented on the gang problem. Do you still worship him (Huitzilopotchli) or what? Demonize? Do you think that cutting out a heart and offering it up while it's still beating is beautiful?
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

no theres plenty of normal christians on here and one extreme christian. As for the beating heart part, the answer is yes, but thats just a personal thing you know cause i like the site of blood . As for the gang problem people do not want to employ the only solution that will work, a good headchopper.
Old 10-03-2007
Estudiante

Oh wow, sir..
Nice scene from Apocalypto there, tell me do you always get your historical information from films as well?

You wanna help steer our youth away from trouble and by all means that is excellent!

Why don't you make them proud of their true and original roots-- get them out of trouble by showing them the beauty of their culture- it worked for me. Many of these kids out there are in the streets because they have no one, no hope, and no confidence in who they are because they think that being poor is all they have so they just f* up their lives some more.
Show him theyre worth more. FAR MORE.

The 4 directions.

i'm not antiChristian by the way.
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

one of the problems shy is that study in primative religions is not as open as say the christian ones. You can download a thousand and one versions of the bible, but what of aztec beliefs. Those that do manage to study are in a select circle, with acess to university liberies or they live in former aztec cities. You people need to provide wider access and a standard of documented aztec beliefs. The standard would be necessary act a barruer to those that wish to tailor, pick and choose, what is and what was not authetic aztec belief.
Old 10-03-2007
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicano831 View Post
one of the problems shy is that study in primative religions is not as open as say the christian ones. You can download a thousand and one versions of the bible, but what of aztec beliefs. Those that do manage to study are in a select circle, with acess to university liberies or they live in former aztec cities. You people need to provide wider access and a standard of documented aztec beliefs. The standard would be necessary act a barruer to those that wish to tailor, pick and choose, what is and what was not authetic aztec belief.
We don't want to be like the Christians. We aren't here to convert the world. We teach when the time is right. The limited access is good. If it becomes like Christianity, it'll have different branches and all will claim to be right.

Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

you can't on one hand say teach the kids our culture then on the hand say we rather remain close knit and teach when the time is right. My point is what is are culture and how to gain access to learning more? The information is not in most libraries so its up to those of you that have the knowledge to spread it and educate us that do have it.
Old 10-03-2007
The one and only
Presidente

Quote:
The information is not in most libraries so its up to those of you that have the knowledge to spread it and educate us that do have it.
Isn't that what I do?

Old 10-03-2007
Chicle

Quote:
no theres plenty of normal christians on here and one extreme christian. As for the beating heart part, the answer is yes, but thats just a personal thing you know cause i like the site of blood . As for the gang problem people do not want to employ the only solution that will work, a good headchopper.
You're the one who is an extremist. What is a normal Christian? So you think that all gang members should be executed? Are you really a Chicano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyXicana08 View Post
Oh wow, sir..
Nice scene from Apocalypto there, tell me do you always get your historical information from films as well?

You wanna help steer our youth away from trouble and by all means that is excellent!

Why don't you make them proud of their true and original roots-- get them out of trouble by showing them the beauty of their culture- it worked for me. Many of these kids out there are in the streets because they have no one, no hope, and no confidence in who they are because they think that being poor is all they have so they just f* up their lives some more.
Show him theyre worth more. FAR MORE.

The 4 directions.

i'm not antiChristian by the way.
Maybe we should burn all the libraries for having so much misinformation? Because that's where I got mine. My job is not to teach young people to take pride in their roots. That's for their parents not me. But you continue to make me out to be this Anti-Chicano because I talk about the Aztecs and their ancient rituals. That seems to have really offended you. We didn't all come from the Aztecs. So why all the hostility?

Last edited by FreedomNow; 10-03-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: double posts, please use edit button or multi quote feature!
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Maybe we should burn all the libraries for having so much misinformation? Because that's where I got mine. My job is not to teach young people to take pride in their roots. That's for their parents not me. But you continue to make me out to be this Anti-Chicano because I talk about the Aztecs and their ancient rituals. That seems to have really offended you. We didn't all come from the Aztecs. So why all the hostility?

Your taking this way out of the way homie, you think your being bashed on but believe me your not. Everyone is stating their own opinion including yourself. If you're having a hard time with the simple threads of the internet and becoming very defensive and feeling presure, then how are you going to handle the hard core knuckle head gang bangers?

Much respect, -- Niyorco
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl View Post
Isn't that what I do?
yes you do, quite well, but you can only do so much cause ur human bro.

[quote=ElSanto;731712]You're the one who is an extremist. What is a normal Christian? So you think that all gang members should be executed? Are you really a Chicano?

Yes I am a Chicano. Are you saying that i gotta let gang shits off the hook in order to be called Chicano. Fuck that. I'll reserve my compassion for their victims, our little hermanitos y hermanitas that get hit by gangbanging drive bys.

Our ancestors had a death penalty, it has been discussed on this forum before. So, yes all hard core gang pukes should be executed, keeping them locked up is a waste of resources as you pointed out. Whats the alternative, to free them back onto our communities, no thanks. Place them deep six under where they belong and charge the families for the cost of burying their little monsters.

Last edited by FreedomNow; 10-03-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: double posts, please use edit button or multi quote feature!
Old 10-03-2007
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyorco View Post
Your taking this way out of the way homie, you think your being bashed on but believe me your not. Everyone is stating their own opinion including yourself. If you're having a hard time with the simple threads of the internet and becoming very defensive and feeling presure, then how are you going to handle the hard core knuckle head gang bangers?

Much respect, -- Niyorco
First of all, I'm not having a hard time. Why is it that everyone is stating their opinion, but when I state mine I'm being defensive or extreme? This is my opinion and what I believe. I wasn't the one who first used the words bashed either. Check the thread and replies for yourself.........

Yes I am a Chicano. Are you saying that i gotta let gang shits off the hook in order to be called Chicano. Fuck that. I'll reserve my compassion for their victims, our little hermanitos y hermanitas that get hit by gangbanging drive bys.

Our ancestors had a death penalty, it has been discussed on this forum before. So, yes all hard core gang pukes should be executed, keeping them locked up is a waste of resources as you pointed out. Whats the alternative, to free them back onto our communities, no thanks. Place them deep six under where they belong and charge the families for the cost of burying their little monsters.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not suggesting to let anyone off the hook. But how can you talk about being a Chicano, pride and all the other stuff you've mentioned and with the same breath talk about genecide? Or executing young Chicanos and older veteranos just because they are gang members. We all make mistakes, noone is perfect. So why such an extreme stance? You never had a gang member in your family?

Last edited by FreedomNow; 10-03-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: double posts, please use edit button
Old 10-03-2007
coyotesnack

Quote:
First of all, I'm not having a hard time. Why is it that everyone is stating their opinion, but when I state mine I'm being defensive or extreme? This is my opinion and what I believe. I wasn't the one who first used the words bashed either. Check the thread and replies for yourself.........
ElSanto, we are all types here, and we post what we think-that is what makes this great. In this thread I have read where everyone agrees that gangs are a problem, but everyone has a different opinion on how to address it.

More power to you! I am not Christian, but was raised Catholic. I only dislike Christians who believe that their path, is the ONLY way to happiness.

You'll have a better time on public forums if you do not posses a driving need to have everyone agree with you.
Old 10-03-2007
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesnack View Post
ElSanto, we are all types here, and we post what we think-that is what makes this great. In this thread I have read where everyone agrees that gangs are a problem, but everyone has a different opinion on how to address it.

More power to you! I am not Christian, but was raised Catholic. I only dislike Christians who believe that their path, is the ONLY way to happiness.

You'll have a better time on public forums if you do not posses a driving need to have everyone agree with you.
Coyote- I can respect what you've just said. But I don't think that I'm trying to make everyone agreee with me.

[quote=chicano831;731822]yes you do, quite well, but you can only do so much cause ur human bro.

Quote:
You're the one who is an extremist. What is a normal Christian? So you think that all gang members should be executed? Are you really a Chicano?

Our ancestors had a death penalty, it has been discussed on this forum before. So, yes all hard core gang pukes should be executed, keeping them locked up is a waste of resources as you pointed out. Whats the alternative, to free them back onto our communities, no thanks. Place them deep six under where they belong and charge the families for the cost of burying their little monsters.
No, I'm not suggesting to let anyone off the hook. But how can you talk about being a Chicano, pride and all the other stuff you've mentioned and with the same breath talk about genecide? Or executing young Chicanos and older veteranos just because they are gang members. We all make mistakes, noone is perfect. So why such an extreme stance? You never had a gang member in your family?

Last edited by tecpaocelotl; 10-03-2007 at 05:45 PM. Reason: consecutive posting
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Whoa! My mistake man, ha ha! Sorry! Forgive me? Oh well, it just seems that way by the responses you give out and seem to argue your point rather than discuss with other peoples opinions. Like me for example, I don't think religion is needed in this world much less to pull away kids from gangs more like using past history of aztec culture into painting out negative examples when religion has had it's share of corruption througout time. But hey, thats my feels and happiness and have found it more useful into showing kids the ugliness of gangs and violence with a splash of the lack of education. Now, don't get it twisted. If religion changes a knuckle head then by all means, go for it to the highest limit and change the ways of that individual but allow them to have an open mind. <-- Just my thoughts. Nothing personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotesnack View Post

good point!
Old 10-03-2007
Chicle

[QUOTE=Niyorco;731904]Whoa! My mistake man, ha ha! Sorry! Forgive me? Oh well, it just seems that way by the responses you give out and seem to argue your point rather than discuss with other peoples opinions. Like me for example, I don't think religion is needed in this world much less to pull away kids from gangs more like using past history of aztec culture into painting out negative examples when religion has had it's share of corruption througout time. But hey, thats my feels and happiness and have found it more useful into showing kids the ugliness of gangs and violence with a splash of the lack of education. Now, don't get it twisted. If religion changes a knuckle head then by all means, go for it to the highest limit and change the ways of that individual but allow them to have an open mind. <-- Just my thoughts. Nothing personal.

Nothing personal taken...Maybe you've misunderstood how I express myself. But I'm not trying to be arrogant or confrontational. If I come across that way then I apologize to everyone in this forum. If you check out our website we try to show the ugly side of gangs. We have quite a few videos and articles that show this. If you knew me you'd know that I am a very open minded person. We're starting a mentoring program. We just don't preach the gospel to young people, but we tell them the importance of getting an education. We try to do things that are positive and have positive fun without alcohol or drugs football games, camping etc.. We're starting a weight lifting course to show kids discipline. We have a lot of ideas that don't neccessarily have to do with religion. Many young kids don't have fathers in the home.
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

[QUOTE=ElSanto;731923]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyorco View Post
Whoa! My mistake man, ha ha! Sorry! Forgive me? Oh well, it just seems that way by the responses you give out and seem to argue your point rather than discuss with other peoples opinions. Like me for example, I don't think religion is needed in this world much less to pull away kids from gangs more like using past history of aztec culture into painting out negative examples when religion has had it's share of corruption througout time. But hey, thats my feels and happiness and have found it more useful into showing kids the ugliness of gangs and violence with a splash of the lack of education. Now, don't get it twisted. If religion changes a knuckle head then by all means, go for it to the highest limit and change the ways of that individual but allow them to have an open mind. <-- Just my thoughts. Nothing personal.

Nothing personal taken...Maybe you've misunderstood how I express myself. But I'm not trying to be arrogant or confrontational. If I come across that way then I apologize to everyone in this forum. If you check out our website we try to show the ugly side of gangs. We have quite a few videos and articles that show this. If you knew me you'd know that I am a very open minded person. We're starting a mentoring program. We just don't preach the gospel to young people, but we tell them the importance of getting an education. We try to do things that are positive and have positive fun without alcohol or drugs football games, camping etc.. We're starting a weight lifting course to show kids discipline. We have a lot of ideas that don't neccessarily have to do with religion. Many young kids don't have fathers in the home.

Spoken like a good man on a great mission. Much Respect to you homie and keep doing your thing towards turning kids away from the gang Bullshit. Props! -- Niyorco
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

some of the vids have been taken down due to copyright infringement and some you need login/password. You need to create inhouse vids make them free for view on youtube or myspacetv.

Last edited by chicano831; 10-05-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2007
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

helping them and teaching them is good. But Christianity to me is not really the answer. I dont see how it helkps people at all. Lessons and stories may help, but that believing stuff to me doesnt seem like it would work. To me what they are looking for is something to understand, to relate too, something to have pride in.

Like others have said, that pride and understanding can come from history of THEIR OWN people. No always the Mexica, but they were by no means as bad as Christian/ Catholic europeans of the time, both before the conquest and after it. Europeans were still sacrificing and murdering people in the name of your Jesus, your GOD. IS that something to be proud of? To know your religion was used to justify mass genocides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el santo
Is everyone on this website anti-Christian? You all are focusing on what's been said about Huitzilopotchli and have not even commented on the gang problem. Do you still worship him (Huitzilopotchli) or what? Demonize? Do you think that cutting out a heart and offering it up while it's still beating is beautiful
do you finding drowning people to see if they are witches beautiful and warranted?
Old 10-03-2007
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

I'm all down for helping our gente out but not at the expense of teaching them bullshit lies about our ancestors.
If Jesus is the truth and the light, then , by regurgitating and propagating lies found in library books and defending them as truths,one becomes a minister and soldier of evil. Which will, in no way, help and lead our gente out of the gang problem.

Quote:
last time I checked TLATOANI HUEYI CUAUHTEMOCTZIN was dead and there are no temples in his honour nor were there any churches where one could go to worship him
Eagle warriors are immortal, he is venerated often and in many places and temples. Silly church house not needed.
Please refrain from stating gibberish.

tlazocamatic ,ma xipactinemi, huan in tlanextli in tonatiuhtli.
hue nican tlacahyotl--alive and well.

Last edited by QMX; 10-03-2007 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 10-03-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
^^ dint you say in another thread you wanted to be in a mentoring program or something like that Chicano? Maybe this could be your chance..?
yes, a mentoring program that steers kids away from gangs. I support what the brother is doing in that respects. Where we differ is how to handle hard core gangbangers. These people have a record and a predisposition that prevents them from contributing to society. some of them try to use outreach as a method to get off the hook, ala tookie williams (rot in hell scumbag). How this poster tries to warp my hatred of gangsters into an all out genocide against chicanos is whacked. One of the good things about soy is that there is less gangsters and more learners and contributors than some other sites.
Old 10-03-2007
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

ALso, El Santo you stated that there are more then Aztec ancestors, that is TRUE. So why did you and your group pick them out and propagate that they were blood thirsty sacrificers?

Ya know ALL NATIVE VIEWS pretty much belong to all of us.
Old 10-03-2007
Maestro

lol cut the man some slack already! poor dude...
FUCk