Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Anything that doesn't quite fit anywhere else. This is usually where the chisme can be found!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2011
Miss Mod
Veterano

Default Snail Mail Messages :)

I didn't know what to name this thread so the name is subject to change

Does anyone still write to people? I know snail mail is dying at an incredible pace, but I for one still enjoy sending things to friends/family via postal mail. These days, I can't ever seem to have the money to go home and visit my family for important days (bdays, anniversaries, etc) and I find that when I send them a letter or card with a personal message inside, it's a gesture that's appreciated more than a call or text.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I sent my sister a card for her bday. It was one that I had bought months ago and had been holding on to. There was a really nice message on the card already, but I took the time to write a more personal one too. The day after her birthday, she texted me to thank me for it, and said that it made her cry . I also have a childhood friend who lives in NY and I haven't seen her since we graduated high school more than 6 years ago, but a couple of weeks ago, I sent her a handwritten letter to catch up. She later messaged me telling me that my letter arrived on a day where she was having bad luck all around and that it made her smile.

With all that said, who wants me to write to them?

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.

- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own