Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Current Events > Politics

Politics Politics and anything related to Political talk.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2010
Lamberto Quintero's Avatar
Lamberto Quintero Lamberto Quintero is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 916/Emerald Triangle
Posts: 4,541
Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero
Default Dream Act

Passed the senate.

Anybody have opinions on this? Do you know what it is?
__________________
"Caricias para las damas, balas pa' los enemigos"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2010
Observer Observer is offline
Banned User
Presidente
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 17,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Observer
Default Re: Dream Act

I dare to dream
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2010
xicanachick's Avatar
xicanachick xicanachick is offline
Miss Mod
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the tall trees sway
Posts: 8,257
Default Re: Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
Passed the senate.

Anybody have opinions on this? Do you know what it is?
Dream Act passed the House yesterday. It is not expected to pass the Senate today.

It should pass IMO.

::Edit::
They canceled the Senate vote today

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ls-dream-vote/

Quote:
Senate cancels DREAM vote

(CNN) - Senate Democrats canceled a scheduled vote on the DREAM Act on Thursday, a move that means the measure is likely dead for this year.
The hotly debated measure that offers a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants who came to the United States as children narrowly won approval Wednesday from the U.S. House.

The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act - or DREAM - would create a path to citizenship for immigrants who entered the United States illegally as children under the age of 16 and have lived in America for at least five years, obtained a high school or General Education Development diploma and demonstrated "good moral character," according to a White House fact sheet.
::Edit #2::
This is what happened:

http://reformimmigrationforamerica.o...in-the-senate/

Quote:
What Went Down In The Senate?

Congressional procedure is a bit crazy and certainly confusing, so people are probably feeling puzzled about what happened in the Senate earlier today.

The basics are this: Senate Majority Harry Reid wanted to buy some time for a DREAM Act vote because there are still some Senators who are wavering on their votes. And we want this thing passed, dangit.

He moved to “vitiate” the cloture vote twice – which is a fancy way of saying not have the vote. Both times, his move was rejected.

He then moved to “table” the vote, until the Senate could take up the House version of the bill that was passed last night. (yay!)

That motion passed with 59 votes, which means the House version of the bill will be voted on later in the Senate.

If you’re still confused, please know that the bottom line is this: this is a good thing.
__________________

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.


- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own


Last edited by xicanachick; 12-09-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-09-2010
Niyorco's Avatar
Niyorco Niyorco is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,952
Default Re: Dream Act

so, then they will vote on the act after all?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-09-2010
xicanachick's Avatar
xicanachick xicanachick is offline
Miss Mod
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the tall trees sway
Posts: 8,257
Default Re: Dream Act

While the majority of Republicans have voted against it, so have some Democrats.
__________________

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.


- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2010
Niyorco's Avatar
Niyorco Niyorco is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,952
Default Re: Dream Act

damn
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2010
xicanachick's Avatar
xicanachick xicanachick is offline
Miss Mod
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the tall trees sway
Posts: 8,257
Default Re: Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
Republicans are scared of brown people getting educated.
We need to let go of this mentality, because this doesn't affect just brown people and it's not just about education.
__________________

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.


- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2010
Nina's Avatar
Nina Nina is offline
♥ =) ♥
Maestro
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 3,870
Default Re: Dream Act

Who voted for Harry Reid? I did, yes I did!

I'm really hoping the Dream Act gets passed,I have a couple of friends who came to United States as children and have obtained a High School Diploma. My best friend is one of them; she is currently pursuing a career in Nursing--she is working super hard on her studies and I know she will go far.


I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-11-2010
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Dream Act

I hope it passes! I've been calling and signing petitions. My best friend is also undocumented, and I have others who are close to me, in the same position.
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-11-2010
chicano831's Avatar
chicano831 chicano831 is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,418
Default Re: Dream Act

There is no way the keyan in office will sign the dream act into law during his first, and hopefully last, term in office. I'm favor of modified dream act which will require the students pass a clean background check, have served four years of community service, and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA from an accredited high school. It would also have to exclude all students coming from known terrorist harboring nations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-11-2010
xicanachick's Avatar
xicanachick xicanachick is offline
Miss Mod
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the tall trees sway
Posts: 8,257
Default Re: Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
why should we? I dont think so.
If its now about brown people and education..what is it about?
And by "brown people" Im not talking about only MEXICANS.
And when I said what I said, Im not saying people should give up. We have discussed this before on facebook if I recall.

ANSWER me this question. Why do you think the "majority of republicans" and SOME democrats dont wanna pass the DREAM ACT?
Well then let's agree to disagree regarding that mentality.

In my most humble opinion, I believe that the DREAM act is about legalizing millions of children who by no fault of their own were brought into the United States by their parents and now find themselves in legal limbo. Many of these kids have been extraordinary in school and have always pursued the "American Dream" (however unrealistic it might actually be) and did everything right: went to school, got good grades, got into college. And for some, they got themselves into the military. But because of the fact that they are undocumented, they have no way of securing a job after they finish that degree or get out of the military.

I never said that when you said brown people you only meant Mexicans. But I'd just like to stress that this would affect every ethnicity, including Pacific Islander and Asian immigrants.

I also never said anything about people giving up. I brought that up on our conversation on FB as you mentioned, but did not say that here.

Why do I think that the majority of repubs and some dems won't vote for the bill? In all honesty, it's because they're a bunch of jerkoffs. A lot of republicans now (especially those affiliated with the Tea Party) are more interested in pandering to their constituents and continue to prefer to stir fear in the American public to get their points across. By proclaiming that this bill is "free amnesty", they liven up their voting bloc even more so than they are already mobilized with this increasingly anti-immigrant fervor. That statement is a bunch of bullshit and they know it, but they choose to ignore the facts in favor of hypothetical "what ifs" that would supposedly doom the US if this bill was to pass. As far as those few Dems, we must realize that just because an elected official is Dem, that doesn't mean they will side with a pro-immigrant bill only because that has historically been the case. I just hope those few don't expect to have the Latino vote on their side when it comes to re-election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicano831 View Post
There is no way the keyan in office will sign the dream act into law during his first, and hopefully last, term in office. I'm favor of modified dream act which will require the students pass a clean background check, have served four years of community service, and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA from an accredited high school. It would also have to exclude all students coming from known terrorist harboring nations.
So you're in favor of the bill that just passed in the House?
__________________

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.


- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own


Last edited by xicanachick; 12-11-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-11-2010
Niyorco's Avatar
Niyorco Niyorco is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 12,952
Default Re: Dream Act

good brains Xicanachick
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-12-2010
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicanachick View Post
We need to let go of this mentality, because this doesn't affect just brown people and it's not just about education.
we shall loose it when they quit thinking everything refers to the southern border. yes it affects more then mexicans, in the eyes of the brown people, but laws arent passed thru those same eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
why should we? I dont think so.
If its now about brown people and education..what is it about?
And by "brown people" Im not talking about only MEXICANS.
And when I said what I said, Im not saying people should give up. We have discussed this before on facebook if I recall.

ANSWER me this question. Why do you think the "majority of republicans" and SOME democrats dont wanna pass the DREAM ACT?
its not only bout mexicans, true story. But even tho its not, majority thinks it is. They just think bout the mexican border. They dont think bout the chinkls coming in on smuggled boats from china. They dont think about the smuggled russian smuggled from the east on alantic steam liners.n
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicano831 View Post
There is no way the keyan in office will sign the dream act into law during his first, and hopefully last, term in office. I'm favor of modified dream act which will require the students pass a clean background check, have served four years of community service, and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA from an accredited high school. It would also have to exclude all students coming from known terrorist harboring nations.
thats not a bad idea and to be honest, most will pass with flying colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xicanachick View Post
Well then let's agree to disagree regarding that mentality.

In my most humble opinion, I believe that the DREAM act is about legalizing millions of children who by no fault of their own were brought into the United States by their parents and now find themselves in legal limbo. Many of these kids have been extraordinary in school and have always pursued the "American Dream" (however unrealistic it might actually be) and did everything right: went to school, got good grades, got into college. And for some, they got themselves into the military. But because of the fact that they are undocumented, they have no way of securing a job after they finish that degree or get out of the military.

I never said that when you said brown people you only meant Mexicans. But I'd just like to stress that this would affect every ethnicity, including Pacific Islander and Asian immigrants.

I also never said anything about people giving up. I brought that up on our conversation on FB as you mentioned, but did not say that here.

Why do I think that the majority of repubs and some dems won't vote for the bill? In all honesty, it's because they're a bunch of jerkoffs. A lot of republicans now (especially those affiliated with the Tea Party) are more interested in pandering to their constituents and continue to prefer to stir fear in the American public to get their points across. By proclaiming that this bill is "free amnesty", they liven up their voting bloc even more so than they are already mobilized with this increasingly anti-immigrant fervor. That statement is a bunch of bullshit and they know it, but they choose to ignore the facts in favor of hypothetical "what ifs" that would supposedly doom the US if this bill was to pass. As far as those few Dems, we must realize that just because an elected official is Dem, that doesn't mean they will side with a pro-immigrant bill only because that has historically been the case. I just hope those few don't expect to have the Latino vote on their side when it comes to re-election.


So you're in favor of the bill that just passed in the House?
you live in a pipe dream. American dream only refers to whites, plain and simple. As of the last 50 yrs it involves blacks as well. But it doesnt involve browns and yellows. you can want and hope all you want, but reality will always get in your way, even when YOU dont see it. so while u may agree to disagree, your reasoning is flawed. No its not a brown and white thing, but then it is. No one is protesting the eastern and western and northern shorelines. BUT THE MINUTE MEN ARE ON THE SOUTHERN BORDER. sO FUCK UR CHINESE FRIENDS THAT CANT GET IN BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM 100 MILES AWAY AND HAVE OTHER NATIONS THEY CAN LEECH OFF OF, ESPECIALLY WITH THE DOLLAR BEING IN THE HOLE LIKE IT IS.
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-12-2010
Observer Observer is offline
Banned User
Presidente
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 17,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Observer
Default Re: Dream Act

Such an interesting thread…

I've learned that people who oppose the Dream Act are anti-immigrant jerk-offs; that Brown people who aspire to live the American Dream are living in pipe-dream, because the American Dream is only for White people--oops, no wait, scratch that. The American Dream is now only for White and Black people.

Well, it looks as if soy is starting to break free from all the negative posts that have bogged down this site for years and finally on its way to becoming a paragon of mentally stimulating intellectual debate that will set the standard for other websites to follow.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-12-2010
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Dream Act

Here is an exerpt from Richard Rodriguez's essay "The “Great Wall of America” and the threat from within."
"the illegal immigrant is, by definition, criminal. She comes to steal the American dream. But in my understanding, the dream belongs to the desperation of the poor and always has. The goddess of liberty in New York harbor still advertises for the tired and the poor, the wretched refuse."

Many may disagree here, but I believe the American dream belongs to us. Because every immigrant who came here, came in chase of the American dream. The dream of a better life


Here also goes some of the guidelines of the dream act (for those who may be unclear on it):

The new bill is a bit different from the current version, but not by that much. Everything is the same but the changes are pretty much:

– 10 years of temporary status vs. the previous 6 years
– Specifically barring DREAMers from access to health care subsidies etc.
– Age cap is 30 vs. the previous of 35
– Removal of the language that would have not punished states for providing in-state tuition

As to Republicans being afraid of an educated Mexican, I agree that's the reason. I know that the dream act not only encompasses Mexicans, but we are a great majority. Being that we are only a river apart from the US it is natural and logical that most immigrants come from Mexico.(at least in this point in time). So I do agree that those who oppose the dream act, are opposed to the education of Mexicans. It is a prejudice against us, because they see that we are not as easy to keep down anymore. With education comes power, and they know that.
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson


Last edited by _aztec_princess_; 12-12-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-12-2010
Lamberto Quintero's Avatar
Lamberto Quintero Lamberto Quintero is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 916/Emerald Triangle
Posts: 4,541
Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero
Default Re: Dream Act



I'm glad to see educated people actually. But it's the way they use their "smarts" that counts in my book...
__________________
"Caricias para las damas, balas pa' los enemigos"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-13-2010
xicanachick's Avatar
xicanachick xicanachick is offline
Miss Mod
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the tall trees sway
Posts: 8,257
Default Re: Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyorco View Post
good brains Xicanachick
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
we shall loose it when they quit thinking everything refers to the southern border. yes it affects more then mexicans, in the eyes of the brown people, but laws arent passed thru those same eyes.

its not only bout mexicans, true story. But even tho its not, majority thinks it is. They just think bout the mexican border. They dont think bout the chinkls coming in on smuggled boats from china. They dont think about the smuggled russian smuggled from the east on alantic steam liners.n
You're right, not a lot of people see that it's not just Mexicans. But I personally think that we should work to change that, and inform the public about how it's not just Mexicans. Letting people continue to believe that it is doesn't help at all. To tap into those communities would be a great asset to the cause in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
you live in a pipe dream. American dream only refers to whites, plain and simple. As of the last 50 yrs it involves blacks as well. But it doesnt involve browns and yellows. you can want and hope all you want, but reality will always get in your way, even when YOU dont see it. so while u may agree to disagree, your reasoning is flawed. No its not a brown and white thing, but then it is. No one is protesting the eastern and western and northern shorelines. BUT THE MINUTE MEN ARE ON THE SOUTHERN BORDER. sO FUCK UR CHINESE FRIENDS THAT CANT GET IN BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM 100 MILES AWAY AND HAVE OTHER NATIONS THEY CAN LEECH OFF OF, ESPECIALLY WITH THE DOLLAR BEING IN THE HOLE LIKE IT IS.
Flawed or not, that is my view. Should I stop hoping for a better tomorrow for my children and the children of my friends just because the reality today isn't conducive to what this bill is asking for? Then we might as well sit on our asses and let the world go to shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
You and I know this already.So does anyone who even bothers to try and figure out what the DREAM ACT represents for a bunch of "anchor babies" or "illegals"...lets not sugar coat why the teaparty and the "majority" of republicans and some democrats are not wanting to pass the ACT.
Well you asked me what the DREAM act was about, and I gave you my answer. If you think that's sugarcoating, then that's on you. That is how I'm seeing it played out in my reality, here on campus and in the Greater LA area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
OK .so lets clarify how those children who were brought here at no fault of their own are going to be able to have a path to citizenship.

Lets assume the kid does not graduate from high school does not get good grades and does not do anything "right"..ESPECIALLY regarding education.
Will this situation still give the person a path to citizen ship?
I dont think so.

So in fact, EDUCATION does have alot to do with or have a "major" role of this ACT, if it is passed.That was my point and what I was implying.
I see your point, but I don't think that was necessarily implied in your earlier post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
Well thanks for your clarification but in my eyes, anyone who is not WHITE..is BROWN...(including pacific islanders and asians)
Hope that makes a little bit more sense
It does. Thanks for the clarification because when I hear "brown" (especially on a Soy) it often only means Mexicans, Chicanos, Latinos, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
Well them being "jerkoffs" does not really cut it for me.(Historically)There is a deep rooted hatred these people in power (those who make laws)have had against blacks and browns and yellow and red people.Obviously there is good people among them because we have come a long way from segregation and equality for all people.
Shit and were still fighting!It never ends.I might bring up the past alot and sound bitter or pissed when I say things..but Its that kind of mentality, the pissed mentality that got things to change.Also there was smart young "educated" people who helped make things happen. I think a little of both mentalities makes things happen.We cant just brush off a certain aspects of our people our culture and fighting spirit because it is convenient for the white man.
Of course not, we shouldn't brush off what's happened historically to our people and other minorities, and I do agree that that mentality is still rampant in many places, but the point I'm trying to make is that I think that mentality (us vs. white) is only going to get us so far. We need to be cognizant of the past and use that as a "fire in your belly" type of feeling to get people mobilized, but we need to refine our strategies and our mindsets to get more accomplished in this situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
Such an interesting thread…

I've learned that people who oppose the Dream Act are anti-immigrant jerk-offs; that Brown people who aspire to live the American Dream are living in pipe-dream, because the American Dream is only for White people--oops, no wait, scratch that. The American Dream is now only for White and Black people.

Well, it looks as if soy is starting to break free from all the negative posts that have bogged down this site for years and finally on its way to becoming a paragon of mentally stimulating intellectual debate that will set the standard for other websites to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
Here is an exerpt from Richard Rodriguez's essay "The “Great Wall of America” and the threat from within."
"the illegal immigrant is, by definition, criminal. She comes to steal the American dream. But in my understanding, the dream belongs to the desperation of the poor and always has. The goddess of liberty in New York harbor still advertises for the tired and the poor, the wretched refuse."
Great quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
Here also goes some of the guidelines of the dream act (for those who may be unclear on it):

The new bill is a bit different from the current version, but not by that much. Everything is the same but the changes are pretty much:

– 10 years of temporary status vs. the previous 6 years
– Specifically barring DREAMers from access to health care subsidies etc.
– Age cap is 30 vs. the previous of 35
– Removal of the language that would have not punished states for providing in-state tuition
It also now removes the possibility of DREAMers sponsoring their family for legal entry into the U.S. if I'm not mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post


I'm glad to see educated people actually. But it's the way they use their "smarts" that counts in my book...
Care to elaborate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post
The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (the DREAM Act) [...]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Act
That description is a little outdated. Here's the full text of the bill. It's not long, only about 30 pages.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h111-6497

And the most easy-to-understand description that I've found yet.
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc12015/hr6497.pdf
Quote:
Under the bill, unauthorized residents could qualify for conditional nonimmigrant status if
they:
- Were less than 16 years of age when they entered the country,
- Lived in the United States for at least five years prior to the bill’s enactment,
- Are high school graduates or high school students who have been admitted to an institution of higher education or have a general education development (GED) certificate, and
- Meet other requirements.

The initial conditional nonimmigrant status available under the bill would be valid for a period of five years. After those initial five years, individuals could apply for a single five-year extension. Individuals would be eligible for such an extension if they had earned a degree from an institution of higher education, completed at least two years toward a bachelor’s (or higher) degree, or served at least two years in the military, and had met other standards. After completing the second five years, individuals who met the criteria for the five-year extension could have their status adjusted from conditional nonimmigrant to LPR status.
__________________

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.


- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-13-2010
Soldier Soldier is offline
Banned User
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,231
Default Re: Dream Act

I hope it don't pass
__________________
F.U.B.A.R.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-13-2010
xicanachick's Avatar
xicanachick xicanachick is offline
Miss Mod
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the tall trees sway
Posts: 8,257
Default Re: Dream Act

Why?
__________________

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.


- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-13-2010
Soldier Soldier is offline
Banned User
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,231
Default Re: Dream Act

Cause that's the way I feel
__________________
F.U.B.A.R.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-13-2010
xicanachick's Avatar
xicanachick xicanachick is offline
Miss Mod
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Where the tall trees sway
Posts: 8,257
Default Re: Dream Act

Okie dokie. You're entitled to your opinion
__________________

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.


- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-13-2010
Soldier Soldier is offline
Banned User
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,231
Default Re: Dream Act

Thanks hippie, isn't there some moon good you should be praying too?
__________________
F.U.B.A.R.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-13-2010
Americano's Avatar
Americano Americano is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,285
Default Re: Dream Act

so why did the dems shelve it.. dems had majority all the way around......well until January 2011
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-13-2010
chicano831's Avatar
chicano831 chicano831 is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,418
Default Re: Dream Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicanachick View Post

So you're in favor of the bill that just passed in the House?
No, from what I have heard on the news shows the current bill does not have the strict requirements I mentioned.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-14-2010
Soldier Soldier is offline
Banned User
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,231
Default Re: Dream Act

Why? Kool's posts and mines where pretty funny
__________________
F.U.B.A.R.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are © copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.