Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity > Genealogy

Genealogy Anything related to Genealogy.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2015
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: My DNA Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonant View Post
Do you know the details or the break down of your dna test? As in, it states you are 53% white , does that mean somewhere down the family tree there was just a branch that was all white or white dna mixed into your 35% native side?
DNA is more of clues of what I am. Just got to do more manual research to figure things out.

Quote:
And what was your purpose behind doing the test, was it strictly psychological ? if you don't mind me asking
For me, I just wanted more info. I already knew where my native side comes from (Grandpa on my mom's side & great grandma on my dad's side), but wanted to know more since that's all I know.

Quote:
Learning nahuat and being into indigenous culture, how did it make you feel when you found out genetically that you are more white than native? does it change your mind set now?
Doesn't change my mindset. Why would it?

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez