Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Website/Forum Info Center > SoyChicano Store

SoyChicano Store This forum is topics specific to the SoyChicano Store and products. New products, suggestions, and complaints will be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Celestino's Idea: Would you buy this shirt?
Yes 10 33.33%
No 9 30.00%
Depends on how it looks 11 36.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2004
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

I would understand that having a shirt with Sal would be good, but Sal being a wannabe Che? That's another story.
Old 04-26-2004
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Send a message via AIM to SNH Send a message via Yahoo to SNH

Hey! That will be the last time anyone places my name in the same sentence with the word "Wanna-be".

Old 04-26-2004
Estudiante

That's right boy! lol Hey SAL,u WANNA B ma man? lol j/k Sorry Vero, I had to say something! lol U know I luv u! lol
Old 04-26-2004
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal
Hey! That will be the last time anyone places my name in the same sentence with the word "Wanna-be".

Sorry.

But no one has answered my question...
Old 04-26-2004
Maestro

personaly i wouldn't buy the shirt either.

i agree with Tecpaocelotl on that.

we all know this site wouldn't be without Sal, everyone who knows him say he's cool and everything. but he is no revolutionary.

why don't you use someone else's image for the shirt ? someone who would not be a symbol of revolution and resistance you know ?

i have a couple of Che shirts that were offered to me, and i never wore them. because i dont know enough about him yet, and because i dont see myself as a true revolutionary ... yet.

i mean Che is not just anyone, he became a symbol. like Malcolm X, Ghandi, MLK jr, Zapata became symbols.... know what i mean ?

nowadays people wear shirts with Che because it looks good. i dont suport that.

thats my opinion (and i voted ).

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (copied from the most honorable KA)
Old 04-26-2004
The one and only
Presidente

Alright someone agrees with me.

For the shirts that I bought in South LA, my dad accompanied me (LOL. I know it's a bit lame, but he's my dad.). I saw the shirts and wanted to buy them, but my dad didn't let me buy them unless I knew about him. I told him. He agreed and let me buy them (did I tell you I was 15 at the time?). My mom didn't like them because she was afraid that people would attack me because Che was a communist. I told her people are too ignorant to know who he is and what he stands for (somewhat true. My friends knew. They questioned me also. LOL. Everybody else was like, oh cool shirt. LOL.) so she doesn't have to worry.
Old 04-27-2004
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

For some reason I like seeing threads like this. I like to believe it is productive.

So there are some people who would like to see Celestino's Idea put into action and several people who do not agree with the idea.

So being that, I suppose we will just have to come up with a new design but the same idea of having an image of me on a t-shirt. I still think it is off the wall, but there are some people, as we have seen in this thread, who would like to purchase a shirt with a mugg shot of the soychicano.com webmaster.

I can imagine the conversations that might arise from that... lol.
Old 04-27-2004
Maestro

yeah i really liked the idea of putting an image of you on a t-shirt, thats awesome.

i just didn't like the idea of using Che's image you know. thats all

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell (copied from the most honorable KA)
Old 04-27-2004
The one and only
Presidente

I have an idea. You can have your pic on a shirt that looks like a wanted poster which says Dead or Alive. LOL. Problem is people might come after you. LOL.

Here's another idea. Have soychicano on the front and have sal on the back or maybe the other way around. Depends what people want just not che.
Old 06-26-2006
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX
Default Re: Celestino's Shirt Idea

Im diggin Celestinos idea.
Who is to say that Sal is not a revolutionary in his own right?
Just cause he doesnt spit blatant political perspectives does not mean he's not a hero in some respect.
I personally am grateful for his dedication to this site which has brought so many together. Hes a very balanced individual who could have easily been an egotistical site leader like many other chicano sites.I feel he has built a healthy family here, I have been to other sites and feel no sense of family as i do here.
While being here I have met many,exchanged perspectives, and grown much from debates and conversations.
Thus, SoyChiano and those that birthed and care for it, nurture a healthy and progressive environment for any Chicano.

IMO Sal is plenty worthy to be displayed as a Chicano icon.
If produced well Im sure it would blow up.
Old 06-26-2006
Veterano

I made my youngest son middle name che. But exactly for the reasons Tec explained. Freedom and revolutionary. Also because I believe in the strength of his character.
Old 06-26-2006
Mocoso

Send a message via AIM to Eybo Send a message via MSN to Eybo Send a message via Yahoo to Eybo

how bout we create some sort of mascot, i dont know some sort of character with sal's face and have shirts almost like the one that read "chicano state university" but this time the webmaster's face will be on it.
Old 06-27-2006
Maestro

Ok so damn Quimi brining up some old post. I was looking threw the "new forum topic' section and said...hey that's me celestino. I forgot about this idea. wow two years ago...whew. anyways i'm still down for the shirt idea. but i can't buy anything until i get my refund check until then....i gotta come up with $288.33 for rent next month, i.e. due in two weeks. then i gotta come up wiht cable, gas, electricity, and water.....damn
Old 06-27-2006
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

Dang it was 2 yrs ago huh.

daam.
Old 06-28-2006
Gunner

Send a message via AIM to Guera_Kabrona_AZ Send a message via Yahoo to Guera_Kabrona_AZ

i support any of Celestino's ideas....l0l
JUST GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME.

As we die, both you and I
With my head in my hands
I sit and cry

¤°iM A LOVER.iM A FiGHTER.iM A RAPPER.iM A WRiTER°¤SEE,RELATiONSHiPS YOU GET WAT U PUT iN,AND YOU GET WAT U DESERVE.SEE i GOT WAT i DESERVED AND i MADE iT LiKE DAT
Old 06-28-2006
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestino
Ok so damn Quimi brining up some old post. I was looking threw the "new forum topic' section and said...hey that's me celestino. I forgot about this idea. wow two years ago...whew. anyways i'm still down for the shirt idea. but i can't buy anything until i get my refund check until then....i gotta come up with $288.33 for rent next month, i.e. due in two weeks. then i gotta come up wiht cable, gas, electricity, and water.....damn
i feel your pain on the bills man!
FUCk

Old 06-28-2006
Maestro

College apartments are soOoOo over priced...grrr
Old 06-30-2006
Supporter
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon1
I made my youngest son middle name che. But exactly for the reasons Tec explained. Freedom and revolutionary. Also because I believe in the strength of his character.
^^I didn't know you was a Daddy, demon. What else are you hiding from me, mijito chulo?

j/k

I don't know about Sal's face being on a T-shirt, my hubby might be like, "Who's that?". heehee

Some sort of Aztec Heritage art or anything to that nature, I'd buy it.
Old 06-30-2006
The one and only
Presidente

I'm still with the old belief.
Old 07-07-2006
Maestro

Hey everyone is equal at soy. Although the moderators and Sal could be the bergouise (or however you spell it) lol
Old 07-08-2006
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to MrPinche

talk about digging a topic out of its grave.. 2 years ago... so it didnt happen right?...
You're an immigrant too.

Who's usin' who?
What should we do?
Well you can't be a pimp
And a prostitute too..." white stripes
Old 07-13-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimichipilli
Im diggin Celestinos idea.
Who is to say that Sal is not a revolutionary in his own right?
Just cause he doesnt spit blatant political perspectives does not mean he's not a hero in some respect.
I personally am grateful for his dedication to this site which has brought so many together. Hes a very balanced individual who could have easily been an egotistical site leader like many other chicano sites.I feel he has built a healthy family here, I have been to other sites and feel no sense of family as i do here.
While being here I have met many,exchanged perspectives, and grown much from debates and conversations.
Thus, SoyChiano and those that birthed and care for it, nurture a healthy and progressive environment for any Chicano.

IMO Sal is plenty worthy to be displayed as a Chicano icon.
If produced well Im sure it would blow up.
I agree!!!
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 08-09-2006
A su servicio
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to El_arriero

Check out Che, world's greatest T-shirt salesman: http://che-mart.com/

Samuel Adams
Old 08-10-2006
The one and only
Presidente

I was seeing that site last week. Funny part is you can customize your own shirt and it's guaranteed to come from sweat shop labor.

I think the only shirt I would buy would be the Dead Che: Your Tax Dollars at Work bc it shows how evil US government is and shows you what they do with their citizen's money.
Old 02-17-2007
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Wow.. Guaranteed to come from a sweat shop! Craziness!