Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Website/Forum Info Center > SoyChicano Store

SoyChicano Store This forum is topics specific to the SoyChicano Store and products. New products, suggestions, and complaints will be discussed here.

Old 11-06-2004
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Send a message via AIM to SNH Send a message via Yahoo to SNH
Default Store Idea: SoyC Gathering Story --> Book!

I have an idea but do not have the time to make it happen. So I am posting this idea here to see if anyone wants to help with it... I basically need two people, or one if it is possible.

My idea is to take the "Game: Story of the Soy Gathering" and make it into a real book. Something for some humorous reading and make it available for purchase in the SoyChicano Store at a really low price. I am thinking of only charging $1 over the base price for this item, it is is created.

So anyhow, we will need someone to take the time to go through the Story of the Soy Gathering thread and peice together this ongoing story.

Then we will need someone to create to cover artwork for the book. If we can not find someone to design a book cover, I will do it.

So what is really needed most is for someone to take the time and go through the thread and peice together the story into one document. If anyone is interested, please let me know by posting a reply to this thread. I feel this would be a great project for the site.
Old 11-06-2004
Veterano

I think this needs to be meditated on, analyzed and then see if it is doable - but right now I am just to tired to check it out. I will this week To many things the weekend to take a serious look
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 11-07-2004
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

meditated? analyzed? what the hell.. i have already done all that for you..
Old 11-12-2004
Supporter
Veterano

I think instead of like a SoyChicano Gathering book, how about like a Yearbook.

A yearbook of ALL members from soy, on the book. Like 'The most famous topic', 'The worst topic', Cat fights, Lovers online, First SoyChicano couples, etc. etc.

Si me entiendes, no?

And also have like the year SoyChicano Started and have each single member posted on there.

I think that would be an AWESOME idea, que no, Sal-i-sito?

Just mis dos centavitos, or pesos. Whichever fits best.

I ALSO know there are a few GOOD writers up in here. (for example Culero (CoolArrow) and Observer1). But........I'm just dreaming here. It's not like they would DEDICATE their time to a book that WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THEM. (**hint...hint** )

Good Luck! :P
Old 11-13-2004
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

HOly shit.. you are talking about a lot more work than I had planned on. I was looking at doing something small and easy. LOL...

Well, I will have to ask Vero to see if she wants to do this one...
Old 11-13-2004
Krissy

hell yea, it's a lot of work BUT it's such a cute idea...... We can have threads to decide who wins... like "cutest couple".... lol

But it has to be a group thing to work on it.... It's too much for one person! I would volunteer!

P.S. It was a cute idea Suavecitita but then again the comic is wayyyyyy easier...!
Old 11-13-2004
Mocoso

Send a message via AIM to La_Goofy Send a message via MSN to La_Goofy Send a message via Yahoo to La_Goofy

i think sal idea would be great. urs too suave... just that urs is gon be hella hard work. pero they both good. eitherway i'll buy it.

la goofy
Old 11-13-2004
Krissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Goofy
i think sal idea would be great. urs too suave... just that urs is gon be hella hard work. pero they both good. eitherway i'll buy it.

la goofy
I'll def buy it too!
Old 11-13-2004
Travieso

Send a message via MSN to moi13 Send a message via Yahoo to moi13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecitita
I think instead of like a SoyChicano Gathering book, how about like a Yearbook.

A yearbook of ALL members from soy, on the book. Like 'The most famous topic', 'The worst topic', Cat fights, Lovers online, First SoyChicano couples, etc. etc.

Si me entiendes, no?

And also have like the year SoyChicano Started and have each single member posted on there.

I think that would be an AWESOME idea, que no, Sal-i-sito?

Just mis dos centavitos, or pesos. Whichever fits best.

I ALSO know there are a few GOOD writers up in here. (for example Culero (CoolArrow) and Observer1). But........I'm just dreaming here. It's not like they would DEDICATE their time to a book that WOULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THEM. (**hint...hint** )

Good Luck! :P
I like ur idea but I think only the active members should be included in the book. It may seem like a lot of work but Im sure it can be done and the outcome of it will be great. I'll def buy it too!
Old 02-28-2005
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

I guess this idea fell through the cracks.
Old 02-28-2005
Veterano

Nah didnt fall thru the cracks - just forgotten for a little while - lets do it.

Com'on just needs a little push.

How do we start?
__________________________________________________ ___________

You know the cyber world is so fleeting. We need something tangable for Soy, something that is held in our hands and saved.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 03-13-2005
Mocoso

Send a message via AIM to La_Goofy Send a message via MSN to La_Goofy Send a message via Yahoo to La_Goofy

damn i haven't seen this post for a while. so there's gon be a book right???
Old 03-13-2005
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Hopefully, if someone with great writing abilities volunteers some time to create it and some people with artistic abilities volunteer to design the cover.
Old 03-13-2005
Mocoso

ok people, start signing up to do the book, cause lemme tell u i want a soychicano book ok?? and i'd help pero.... i got to many things going on wit school
Old 04-07-2005
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

BUMP
Old 08-27-2006
Veterano

Default Re: Store Idea: SoyC Gathering Story --> Book!

Anyone doing this???

I'm doing the cookbook - we can combine books or something
Old 08-27-2006
Supporter
Veterano

THE BOOK sounds like something one needs to do for profit? maybe?

I was thinking of Jeff Rivera and his book. Look how LONG it takes for it to be published, edited, revised and be put together.

SOYCHICANO magazine? maybe? sounds like a good idea no? pero AGAIN, LOTS AND LOTS OF WORK! ~.~
Old 08-27-2006
Veterano

Sal:
My idea is to take the "Game: Story of the Soy Gathering" and make it into a real book. Something for some humorous reading and make it available for purchase in the SoyChicano Store at a really low price. I am thinking of only charging $1 over the base price for this item, it is is created.

See, its not going to be a big book made for literature - but for fun and for us.
Old 08-27-2006
Supporter
Veterano

that's what we have the site for, why put it in a book? just my opinion...is all.

it's a waste of paper...cuz most people would throw it away...but then again...since they are paying for it....who knows. I'm just blabbering here.

It sounds cool..having a book of pictures and stories for all of us. but honestly, I wouldn't buy it. I've got tooooo many magazines, books, revistas...etc. this would be too much for me, that is. don't know about the rest of youz.