Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health > Fitness

Fitness Discuss topics about Fitness. Exercise routines, tip and tricks, past experiences, new products, or techniques as well as Diets/Dieting.

Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

Send a message via MSN to chicana26 Send a message via Yahoo to chicana26
Default ATKINS DIET

has anyone tried it and if so how were the results.....a neighbor of my mom's used to weigh like 300lbs maybe even more he got on the diet and damn he looked good he weighed like 180 said the weight melted like butter....anywayz i saw a before pic and damn......
so if anyone is on this diet what is it that you can and can't eat cuz i wanna lose more weight and this is the best diet to get on so any advice?!?!?
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

My friend was on this diet and she lost a lot of weight..... According to the results of her IT really works... SHe used to be a big girl and so LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT she's down big time maybe my size.. i dunno
Old 03-31-2004
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

u eat all the meat u want which is protein. and all the veggies u want.

but there is a catch. no startchy foods. like potatoes(which i cant live without), pasta, even like yeast products liek bread i believe.

it is a hard thing to do. for me it would be. because i love pasta and i am a meat and potatoes man.

but i here there is also this other one. it is liek a point ssystem diet. u allow yourself so many points a day. and each certain food has so many points attached to it. it is liek a chart they have out. . but liek eating pasta or poatoes will be high in points liek 5-8 points per small serving. while a helping of eat might be 1 or 2 points. my homegiurl is on it. and she lost some weight. i havent seen her thought in a few week liek 3 or so. i gonna see her friday so i will tell ya haow she loosk and get more detaisl about this,. but this one at least u can have everythign in the food groups ya know

it is funny tho. because they say have a thing from the 5 food groups to be healthy. yet it is bad for u. go figure.
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

My aunty is also on the Atkins diet and she's lost weight... Like nelio said eat all the meats you want and veggies... BUT NO FRUIT... that's weird... or bread

Well she's lost weight a lot to but she always talks shit about me not losing weight.. im not that much of a big girl lol.... not like her anyways

Excersize is always a good way to work out during dieting or even just everyday life.. I run 2 miles in the morning and it feels good on me for completing them .... But my fat ass isn't losing weight yet
Old 03-31-2004
Gunner

i did atkins for like two weeks. i didnt like it because u are limited on what u eat plus im mexican so u know i love my tortillas and bread. so i had to stop but i did lose weight on it,. but i dont like diets where it tells u cant eat certain things. Weight watchers works really well because its more realistic as far as eating things and u do lose weight. its just about portions
Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

I have never in my life had to diet, but after ahving my third child, I seem to wonder how the hell I can get this extra weight off, I have been wrkin out, & I have suggested to my hubby that we increase our sex sessions from 5 times a wk to 7! lol j/k but, I just figued, for me it's not so much the weight anymore, it's more like the tightenin up, the toning! ya know? So, I got a weight bench, hula hoop, & & a sex swing! lol j/k hahah I just had to say that! lol They say if u hula hoop a cpl times a wk, face forward for a count of 4 & then turn to the side for a count of 4 & then the other side again, @ least 3 times a wk for a total of 20 min a day, u will trim ur waist in lickity split!~ lol
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

lmao India you weren't joking about the sex things...

Shoot... You've had 3 kids and it's hard for you... I've had one and it's hard for me now just imagine how much weight im gonna gain if i have more kids .. i'll be huge
Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

Not if u take care of urself now! lol
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

Hey I take care of myself..I excersize everyday.... eat good except when you get me around a lOT OF GOOD FOOD lol

I excersize everynight if you know what i mean... You know those bikes you can "RIDE" lol
Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

Ha.. yeah! But all in all I think the best exersize is SEXersize! lol
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

lmao i got a question... When you're tired do you think everything is funny?
Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

lmao! um...lol yeah! can u tell? lol
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

lol yeah on every post we put LOL or or LMAO
Old 03-31-2004
Presidente

India u werent playing about the sex stuff up there. lol. and ya dot need to lose much weight. if any at all.

but i was listening to the radio. and they interviewing Daisy Funetes. and she said to tone up everythig. try Pilates. it is hard ifya do it right. but it works. or so she sayss. she says she has been doing it for years and years. so yeah. just a thought.
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

i have pilates... i guess for me it didn't work.. and they always have daisy fuentes say things like that for pilates.. why dont they have any other celeb do it
Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

Send a message via MSN to chicana26 Send a message via Yahoo to chicana26

ok so ya'll are sayin its good to eat meat and veggies well thats aight i guess can you eat chicken cuz i'd choose that over meat anyday

and also means like no sodas i dont eat bread or lettuce but wait you can't go to subway either>?!>! well that bites
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

well it depends... the low carb diets you can obviously go to subway because they have the atkins wrap.. so that's the only thing you can eat from there lol
Old 03-31-2004
Presidente

chicken is considered meat. as well as fish is.
Old 03-31-2004
Krissy

I think I might try this diet...
Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio
India u werent playing about the sex stuff up there. lol. and ya dot need to lose much weight. if any at all.

but i was listening to the radio. and they interviewing Daisy Funetes. and she said to tone up everythig. try Pilates. it is hard ifya do it right. but it works. or so she sayss. she says she has been doing it for years and years. so yeah. just a thought.
I have Pilates too, the same one she's a spokewoman for, I'm just lazy, unless I have some1 there to wrk out w/ me, I'll b lazy for dayzzz!
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

Hell yeah india that's exactly how i feel... It's boring doing it by yourself..
Old 03-31-2004
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSmiley22
I think I might try this diet...
wtf for? u dont need it. your wiehgt is perfect as it is.

on this i dont get women. a few lb's and they r gogin crazy tryin everything.

India? i will be there to watch u work out. i dont know about joining in tho. but yeah i try to help u.
Old 05-20-2004
Chicle

Send a message via Yahoo to OC_GURL

Dmn I ve never herad of that diet ..but my teacher lost 230pounds in a year with this product called herbalife..
Old 11-06-2008
LynneThomas

Default Re: ATKINS DIET

Before I was not able to control myself and I used to forget that I am on diet. But it effects on my dieting then one of friend told me about mark Patrick’s programs . Programs is really awesome and its gives a way to live healthier life. Their weight loss programs are designed to help eliminate the behaviors that are making us overweight. Really it worked for me and I have reduced my weight. I think you also have to try it and I hope you will also find some great results in yourself..
Old 05-07-2009
Travieso

Default Re: ATKINS DIET

I actually did the atkins diet and lost a lot of weight. I had a pair of pants that i couold never fit into and lets just say they finally fit but loose. I had to keep pulling them up and i could put them down without unbuttoning my pants. I was a few pounds away from my goal. Actually i think i only lost 17lbs but a lot of inches. Anyways i ended up getting pregnant but miscarried due to stress and from the loss got depressed and gained it back.

Actually i was suppose to start it again but found this website. With all the motivation cooking i havent started yet. maybe nextweek.
the 1st few days are hard but after the 3rd-4th day its easy. Heres a sample of stuff i ate. The 1st 2 weeks your limited to only 20 CARBS i never stuck to it but didnt go over 30 per day. after the 1st 2weeks you can add more stuff.

breakfast:
eggs: scrambled, with jalapenos topped with shredded cheese, salsa and sometimes sourcream
bacon and water

snack:celery, 20 black olives, turkey meat and cheese or radishes , sugarfree jello(pick one snack)

lunch: turkey salad, boiled eggs, cheese rolled in turkey lunch meat, burger without the bun(in&out make sure you get the double double or carls jr $6 bacon avocado buger w/o the bun wrapped in lettuce very filling)

dinner: taco salad: chicken, cardne asada, ground beef - lettuce, cheese, meat, sour cream and salsa

carne asada fried with bell pepper and onion then topped with montery cheese, sourcream,avocado and salsa mmmm

i ate like this and lost weight. Biggest problem was dh family have lots of parties and i would get weak and cheat plus i'm a stress eater so work being stressful didnt help.

at one point when i was dieting the weight just started melting off and people were amazed! The trouble i have is i'm not a breakfast eater, so i can only do this when i';m on vacation. I figure if i start nextweek becuase i will be off soon so i can stick to a routine. If anyone starts let me know