Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Learning Center > Finance, Business, & Employment

Finance, Business, & Employment Stocks, Bonds, Money Market, Management, Personal Finances; Business Talk, Home Businesses; MLMs; Financial Opportunities; Employment, Help Wanted, Resumes

Old 08-10-2004
SuaveHighTimes

Default Market

SO does anyone have a 401K? and if so, did you notice how badly your funds suffered in the month of July? I'd say since my inception (over 5 years now), this last july was the worst ever. i almost moved all of my funds to guranteed or stock bonds.
do you see the market possibly improving soon? or will the coming elections have a say on that? what kind of changes have you made and why?

if youre an expert, any recommendations on what industry to focus on?
Old 01-16-2015
Fresh Meat!

Default Re: Market

its to late but now i have 401k
Old 01-16-2015
Veterano

Default Re: Market

You can move your stock into stable stuff like medical or utilities. But when you invest in your 401k its long term gains you are looking at, don't look at the short term gains.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'