Old 10-07-2006
A su servicio
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to El_arriero
Default Ice Age Columbus - on Discover channel

Has anybody seen this movie/docudrama:

"Ice Age Columbus: Who Were the First Americans?"

I just saw it on the Discovery Channel.

It runs like a documentary but has a thousand holes in it.

"Did you know Europeans discovered America 17,000 years ago?"

"Actually did you know that Native Americans are actually European desendents?"

I am so upset at this slick, sensationalistic piece of propaganda that I cannot comment on it more right now.

Samuel Adams
Old 10-07-2006
Veterano

Default Re: Ice Age Columbus - on Discover channel

I stopped on it while surfing - and I was like WTF???

discovered?? what a crock of shit!

just another white based documentary, so they can pat themselves on the back and say: See what we did!
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 10-08-2006
Veterano

i saw a piece of it and had the same reaction chavela had. Don't these pple do any accuracy checking?
Old 10-08-2006
Mocoso

I didn't see the so-called documentary; however, there is a well funded movement in white science to allow this nonsense to happen.

To the contrary, there is a ton of scientific literature, including genetic, linguistic, and oral tradition evidence that strongly supports that we are the native inhabitants of this hemisphere. Some so-called scientists don't like the idea that the proof in now in the literature.

Money talks, and I'm certain that whatever you saw and heard in this documentary--all of it was the result of money talking, not the science.

To read more about the scientific literature on the original inhabitants of this continent, please see my research at:

http://nahuatl.info/research/genetics.htm
Old 10-08-2006
Maestro

interesting research.
Old 10-08-2006
Maestro

I loved in my class when someone was arging how we came over the landbridge-- and then I inform them that there is proff that we were here long before the landbridge ever came
Old 10-08-2006
A su servicio
Maestro

I'm boycotting the Discovery Channel and writing them a letter to let them know.

Samuel Adams
Old 10-08-2006
Supporter
Maestro

Just make sure when you write them to list specific examples of where the program was incorrect. Otherwise your point will be missed.
Old 10-08-2006
A su servicio
Maestro

^ Maybe I should write to the advertisers. How would I go about finding out who advertised in yesterday's commercials for this crap?

I am an expert professional in genetics and let me tell all of you that these producers played fast and loose with the genetic evidence to paint a picture of white supremacy on this continent.

Here's is a site that re-caps the premise of the "documentary"/historical re-enactment.

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=1290

Europeans, Not Indians, Were First Humans in Virginia
Science; Posted on: 2003-11-30 09:25:31 [ Printer friendly / Instant flyer ]
by M. P. Shiel

Paralleling the evidence found in western North America for that part of the continent, research by innovative scientist Darrin Lowery (pictured doing field research) indicates that the first human inhabitants of what is now the U.S. state of Virginia were not the Amerindian Clovis people as previously thought, but instead were White Europeans from the Iberian peninsula.

Lowery's reputation is on the rise, as he makes a name for himself by his uncanny ability to recognize ancient sites of human habitation rich in artifacts, and by his skill in analyzing those artifacts. The analysis has led to some startling conclusions quite at odds with 'conventional wisdom' on the early human history of North America.

"Once you kind of understand a region, you can imagine what it looked like 13,000 years ago," he said. "It's like this: psychologists today try to get into living peoples' heads. I do the same thing, but for dead people."

According to the Eastern Shore's Star-Democrat "Conventional wisdom holds that Native Americans descended from the Clovis people, prehistoric hunters who walked from northeast Asia across an ancient land bridge to Alaska some 12,000 years ago. It's believed that they brought the technology to make fluted points, or arrowheads like the ones Lowery has found, with them. Dennis Stanford, the Smithsonian archaeologist who first told Lowery his childhood artifacts were legit, charges that Clovis points are oddly similar to those found in Spain dating thousands of years earlier. He says this may prove that people from Spain who travelled by boat were this region's first inhabitants and that the Clovis people came second. Lowery says the types of points he's found show that even 13,000 years ago, the people who lived here had clear territorial and cultural boundaries, which in turn shows that they'd been here for a while. This ties into Stanford's idea that there was a thriving population here long before the Clovis people arrived."

Prehistoric White settlements in the Americas could explain many things, from Central American Indian myths of bearded White gods who brought knowledge -- to the presence of lighter skin, light eyes, and more European-looking features among a few North American Amerindians, characteristics noted by 17th and 18th century European explorers and pioneers.

Mr. Lowery is the founder of the Chesapeake Watershed Archaeological Research Foundation.

Do you want to know how racist this show was??

At one point they show that these "European" tribes in America buried symbolic arrowheads in the dirt. They then have some unknown expert announce that this was evidence of their superiour intellectual endowment, distinctly European [and not American Indian].

And I thought Discovery Channel was a mainstream channel not some Nazi, white supremacist station?!??! WTF!?!?

Samuel Adams

Last edited by El_arriero; 10-08-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2006
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

I aint surprised at this pathetic attempt.
Dont forget we need to educate our people,especially the children,about our beautiful history. Otherwise when dumbfucks like these come around spittin this bullshit our people wont be vulnerable to such poison.

Kudos to Citlalin for setting up thta info, very impressive. And your web pages have a good aesthetic appeal to them as well/.
Old 10-08-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by citlalin
I didn't see the so-called documentary; however, there is a well funded movement in white science to allow this nonsense to happen.

To the contrary, there is a ton of scientific literature, including genetic, linguistic, and oral tradition evidence that strongly supports that we are the native inhabitants of this hemisphere. Some so-called scientists don't like the idea that the proof in now in the literature.

Money talks, and I'm certain that whatever you saw and heard in this documentary--all of it was the result of money talking, not the science.

To read more about the scientific literature on the original inhabitants of this continent, please see my research at:

http://nahuatl.info/research/genetics.htm
all I can say is, WOW!!!
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 10-09-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_arriero
I'm boycotting the Discovery Channel and writing them a letter to let them know.
am joining u in this boycott and wont watch anything on that channel except of course american chopper and future weapons.