Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Website/Forum Info Center > Site Announcements

Site Announcements Here is where the admins will post news pertaining to the workins of the site.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default VERY IMPORTANT: old subscribers with reoccuring payments

Please note: This only affects OLD subscribers. (members who subscribed before 02-23-2007)

I have received quite a few private messages from members, that their monthly reoccurring payments were processed but they lost their subscription status on the site.

After trying to figure out "why", I came across this bit of information on the vbulletin documentation
Quote:
Do not change the cost of a Subscription if a recurring payment is currently in use, these payments will fail to update.
So that answered the why but HOW do I fix it? I was forced into manually updating your subscriptions, after verifying that a payment was made.

Well a few days ago, I implemented a solution so that your status is automatically renewed as it should without having to pay the new subscription prices.

The only setback to this solution is that old subscribers, will need to re-subscribe if you want to stay with the old subscription plans. This is a lot easier than members private messaging me and me manually updating your subscriptions...

Very Important!
  • Contact me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you see your payment was processed but you lost subscriber status. This is so I can refund your recent payment and you can re-subscribe.
  • To access the old prices, you will need to private message me so that I can give you access to the old prices. I will verify that you are an old subscriber.
  • If you are on a yearly plan, contact me before your subscription is up. If you are unsure when it expires but you know it is coming up, let me know.
  • New subscribers or members who subscribed AFTER 02-23-2007, this doesn't affect you. You will not need to do anything. Re-occurring payments should be process automatically and should continued to be processed automatically until you cancel.
Thank you.

Last edited by SJ; 04-09-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

Default Re: VERY IMPORTANT: old subscribers with reoccuring payments

Very Important!

Remember, those who subscribed about a year ago, your subscription plan WILL automatically renew when the year is up. You will automatically be billed for another year. If you don't want this to happen to you need to cancel the subscription.
  • log onto your paypal account
  • look at your history and look for soychicano subscription
  • go into descriptions and click on cancel
if you wish to remain a subscriber, let me know so I can update your account and you can have access to the old subscription prices as promised. do so BEFORE your subscription plan is up.

I have already received two private messages asking me about the automatic billing so either people are not understanding or they are not reading this announcement.

Either way if you have any questions private message me, immediately.

thanks.

Last edited by SJ; 05-09-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 07-26-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

bump, but special attention to old subscribers. Remember if you know your yearly subscription is going to expire soon, let me know.
Old 09-24-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

another bump. Had two members contact me about this issue this weekend.
Old 10-18-2007
Site Admin
Presidente

bump again.

This is an important read for subscribers so please take the time to read it.
Closed Thread