Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Entertainment > Sports Board

Sports Board Anything and everything that deals with Sports.

Old 04-26-2013
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan
Default Official 2013 MLB Thread

Welcome all to the official 2013 Major League Baseball Thread.

As of 4-26-13 You have the Texas Rangers tied for the best Record in the AL 1/2 game from being tied for the best in MLB first in the AL West .. The dodgers Stinking it up a bit the Angels Stinking up a shitload..

The Yankass a middling team ..

The Marlins sucking Donkey balls and the absolute worst ownership / front office situations ever..

Oh yeah and there is Yu..

Come on with it.. talk baseboro.. Or don't talk at all..

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 04-26-2013
Maestro

Default Re: Official 2013 MLB Thread

This is Yu..

Nasty Filthy Cheesy Yu!!

― chicanodan
Old 04-26-2013
Chicle

Baseball is boring

the players need the steroids again because the league is strugglin
Old 04-26-2013
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHINGONERIA View Post
Baseball is boring

the players need the steroids again because the league is strugglin
Nobody gives a fuck what you think shit troll..

Isn't there a little old lady somewhere needs her purse stolen?

― chicanodan
Old 04-26-2013
Miss Mod
Veterano

4 posts and this thread already needs to be moderated...jeez guys!

Dodgers have had it rough! Going from 8 seasoned starters during spring training to what? Trading Harang bc there were too many...only to lose Greinke cause fucking Quentin can't fucking take a base, Capuano to a hammy injury (also Quentin's half-fault!), Billingsley to Tommy John! Ugh. Pitching has been a headache to say the least.

PLUS my future husband Kemp is struggling at the plate like when he was cheating on me with RiRi. Offense needs to get their shit together!

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.

- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Old 07-10-2013
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

It's an Oakland thing...
Quote:
Oakland Athletics' singular All-Star selection matches their underdog personality
So the Oakland Athletics have a single All-Star, and it's the portly 40-year-old with no sideburns, a short little arm-stroke and a bit of a PED history.
OK.
From a team entering Wednesday with the lowest ERA in the American League, with a more than adequate lineup, and that as of around this time last year has a record of 111-63, the baseball world fans, players, Jim Leyland, MLB picked Bartolo Colon and no one else. (He is quite deserving, by the way.)
Bartolo Colon is the Athletics' lone rep for the All-Star Game. (AP)
Now, some folks are quite hysterical over this. The A's have been slighted. They get no respect. It is unjust. No, a tragedy!
To that I say to the A's, their fans and the people who valiantly swab their clubhouses, "Wear it, and wear it proudly."
See, there are few things as establishment as baseball's All-Star Game. The red carpet, the rigid formality, the made-for-TV pretense, a stadium filled with sponsors, it all sounds like something the A's moms would drag them to in their church outfits.
I prefer to think of the A's as anti-establishment. Maybe it goes back to "Moneyball." Maybe even to that early '70's crew. But when the Cactus League general managers convened this spring to meet with reporters, only one of them wore Bermuda shorts and flip-flops, and it wasn't Jack Zduriencik.
The A's play in a ballpark with the ambiance of a train station. They appear to shave two or three times a month, if at all. Their victory dance honors a guy who played a dead guy in the movies, then expertly reprised the role in the sequel. In my observations, the A's laugh harder, celebrate harder, scheme harder, and play as hard as any of the other 29. When I walk through the players' lot after a game, in fact, I'm always a little surprised there aren't 25 choppers out there.
It's impossible not to like these guys, admire them, marvel at their past 12 months. So, should Josh Donaldson be an All-Star? Should Grant Balfour? Jed Lowrie? In an AL Final Vote that stirs the imagination with five setup men, could one or two A's Ryan Cook, Sean Doolittle gotten a little love?
Sure. Of course. Why not?
On the other hand, these are the overlooked A's, who play in overlooked Oakland, which is where almost no one stays when they play the A's. What you love about the A's is they play around that, through that, and an October in that dank depot of a ballpark is about the coolest baseball experience going.
[Related: Suspension reportedly near for A's pitcher Bartolo Colon]
None of this would work, of course, if the A's weren't talented ballplayers. They've played well, they've won a lot of games, and for that it would be gratifying to be recognized for playing well and winning. It's good for the soul. It's good for the arbitration hearing. And, damn it, they deserve it.
In a somewhat strange and very satisfying way, however, the fan and player votes, the manager and league decisions, they speak exactly to the A's view of themselves. They are underdogs. They spend in a season what the Los Angeles Angels spend in two months. They win in front of tarps. They win while ankle-deep in poop. They have a great time doing it. And they could not care less what this world thinks, because they're having too much fun in theirs.
So, maybe the All-Star Game is like one of those clubs the A's wouldn't join if it would have them as a member. In seven of the past eight seasons, the A's have had the required one All-Star, like they're the goofy kid in the pickup game who has to play, because the goofy kid has the best backyard.
Last year in Kansas City, the A's sent one man Ryan Cook. He pitched one inning of what was by then a blowout win for the National League. This year, only Colon has been invited, and he is scheduled to pitch Sunday, which means he is unlikely to pitch in the All-Star Game. Yoenis Cespedes will participate in the Home Run Derby, which is nice and all, but not the same as being an All-Star.
Maybe Balfour replaces Colon. Maybe somebody begs out and Donaldson substitutes. Maybe there'll be an injury or two, and there'll be more A's in New York City than people know what to do with.
Personally, I think it's cool no one seems to know anything about these A's, or what to do with them, or how they do what they do. If folks out there do, then they're certainly not voting for them.
The A's should be proud of that. They are who they are. It's an Oakland thing. An A's thing. It's not a tragedy. It's affirmation.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oakland...001327526.html
Old 07-11-2013
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

Oakland A's!
Old 07-11-2013
Miss Mod
Veterano

Dodgers!!

Old 07-17-2013
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

I don't follow baseball but uh... go Orioles!
Old 07-17-2013
Miss Mod
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
I don't follow baseball but uh... go Orioles!

The Orioles are doing well...they had 4 All-Stars, more than my Dodgers :/

Old 07-18-2013
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

Davis from the Orioles is having himself a year.
Old 09-22-2013
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

be cool to see dodgers and A's at world series. Then I'd like to watch a certain someone cry after they lose to the A's

Old 10-04-2013
Estudiante

I'm going to be one of those people being if that happens BUT one game one, today better be the second one lol

I'm the author of my life.*Unfortunately I'm wriiting in pen*and can't erase my mistakes.
Old 10-08-2013
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to shortcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicanachick View Post

The Orioles are doing well...they had 4 All-Stars, more than my Dodgers :/
How proud are you right now?

Woohoo! Go Dodgers!
Old 10-08-2013
Maestro