Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Entertainment > Sports Board

Sports Board Anything and everything that deals with Sports.

Old 12-06-2010
Veterano

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez

Native. Just a question. Why are you talking about that on a Marquez thread???

Bone Meter: 31

Shes a superfreak! Superfreak! Shes superfreaky...yeah!!!

'She put a spell on me!!"
Old 12-06-2010
Gunner

just getting off topic. Do we have a boxing 2010 thread? i havent checked yet. Probably should do one for 2011 since we have a few heads that watch boxing here.
Old 12-06-2010
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Native View Post
I sense a boxing vs MMA argument on the horizon.

Max Kellerman did a great job hyping up that James Tony vs Randy Couture fight aye? wait that wasn't Max.
Nothing to really argue.

One is growing and one is dying.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 12-07-2010
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

Boxing won't die, as much as MMA fans want to believe that. I enjoy both, and they are completely different sciences. The biggest difference is that in MMA, there is one main promoter (UFC), and in Boxing there are several big promoters (Top Rank, Golden Boy, etc.,)...which is why its more difficult to make certain fights happen in boxing.
Old 12-07-2010
Veterano

Blah blah blah. I wont get too much into this debate since I already schooled the ignorant MMA kids at work on this. Lets just say there is room for both sports and MMA should look to boxing as its bigger brother and hope that in 100+ years its not in the same condition. 'Nuff said!

Bone Meter: 31

Shes a superfreak! Superfreak! Shes superfreaky...yeah!!!

'She put a spell on me!!"
Old 11-23-2011
Maestro

Marquez got robbed once again. Little by little people are starting to recognize just how great of a fighter he really is. He's whooped the "pound for pound" champ twice now, the last time more clear than ever...
Old 11-24-2011
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

So u r buying that?

I really don't know what fight people were watching when they say shit like that was a clear victory for jmm.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 11-24-2011
Maestro

I aint buying shit man. I have eyes and can analyze boxing without having Max Kellerman form my opinion.

If you got some free time, check out some analyses outside of HBO...not saying they're word is the Bible either but alternative views.

Old 11-24-2011
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

I'll check it out later. I watched it at a party and there was no sound.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 11-28-2011
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan

I had the fight a draw myself.. I could see that a 115-113 fight either way but 116-112 Pacquiao? not in a million years... Saw the replay without the beer goggles and still scored it 114-114.. Let's face it folks these guys could fight 100 times and you'd see a similar fight 100 times.

I still think Pacquiao whoops Chicken Shit Floyds ass if the lilly livered Baby Momma beater ever grows the sack to get in with Pacquiao..

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 11-30-2011
Gunner

All you ppl saying pacman won are fuckin idiots and have no business judging a boxing match.

JMM had his numbers with the counter punches all fuckin day

But I guess in a America last impressions count and that means pac deserves to be in the same ring with money
if a 37 yo had em with the counter punch, Floyd will embarrassed pac in the ring because he does the same shit

Its over Jmm got robbed shit happpens. Man Floyd will never get the credit he desserves.

Too many people hyping up pac n riding his Jock
Old 12-01-2011
Maestro

Floyd Will never get the "credit" he deserves because he won't fight ... well... He won't fight period....

You realize CSF has only fought 3 times in the last four years right?... That's a fucking joke.. Used to be the great fighters fought 4-5 times a year...

In that same 4 year period Juan Manuel Marquez has fought 9 times twice against Manny Pacquiao .. So in the same time that Mayweather has fought four fights Marquez has fought the two supposed best fighters in the world (CSF and Manny Pacquiao) 3 times and fought another 6 times.

In that same four year period Pacquiao has also fought 9 times.

Miguel Cotto? 8

El Canelo? 24 times... Fuck ... El Canelo has fought as many times this year alone than Chicken SHit has in the last four ...

Sergio Martinez 10 times (and twice against Paul Williams .. who CSF has been ducking for years)

Antonio Margarito 7 times and he was suspended for a year

James Kirkland 11 times and he was in Jail for a year

Nonito Donaire has fought nine times in that period

Bernard Hopkins - 7 and he's old as a fuck...

Dude .... fuck Floyd Mayweather and his chicken shit style of boxing..

And you don't know shit about boxing if you think JMM and CSF have similar styles.. JMM is an aggressive counter puncher.. he lets his hands go and will mix it up. Chicken shit is a Potshotting Duck and Cover fighter who rarely lets his hands go ..

Yes it's true they are both counterpunchers but it wasn't Marquez counter punching ability that bothers Pacquiao it's Marquez combination punching and his aggressiveness that bothers Pacquiao. Mayweather isn't aggressive and doesn't punch in bunches like Marquez. He likes to stick and cover. You will rarely see him throw more than two to three punches at a time and then he balls up like a turtle..

― chicanodan
Old 12-01-2011
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
All you ppl saying pacman won are fuckin idiots and have no business judging a boxing match.

JMM had his numbers with the counter punches all fuckin day

But I guess in a America last impressions count and that means pac deserves to be in the same ring with money
if a 37 yo had em with the counter punch, Floyd will embarrassed pac in the ring because he does the same shit

Its over Jmm got robbed shit happpens. Man Floyd will never get the credit he desserves.

Too many people hyping up pac n riding his Jock
How does you get robbed if you're landing less punches than your opponent?

Did Marquez get robbed because his face looked entirely different than when he walked in the ring?

Or did he get robbed when he coasted the last 3 rounds?

"You can give me some head but keep the breakfast in bed, I'd rather spend my morning digging through some records instead" - Devin the Dude. GOAT Pimp MC
Old 12-02-2011
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicanoDan View Post
Floyd Will never get the "credit" he deserves because he won't fight ... well... He won't fight period....

You realize CSF has only fought 3 times in the last four years right?... That's a fucking joke.. Used to be the great fighters fought 4-5 times a year...

In that same 4 year period Juan Manuel Marquez has fought 9 times twice against Manny Pacquiao .. So in the same time that Mayweather has fought four fights Marquez has fought the two supposed best fighters in the world (CSF and Manny Pacquiao) 3 times and fought another 6 times.

In that same four year period Pacquiao has also fought 9 times.

Miguel Cotto? 8

El Canelo? 24 times... Fuck ... El Canelo has fought as many times this year alone than Chicken SHit has in the last four ...

Sergio Martinez 10 times (and twice against Paul Williams .. who CSF has been ducking for years)

Antonio Margarito 7 times and he was suspended for a year

James Kirkland 11 times and he was in Jail for a year

Nonito Donaire has fought nine times in that period

Bernard Hopkins - 7 and he's old as a fuck...

Dude .... fuck Floyd Mayweather and his chicken shit style of boxing..

And you don't know shit about boxing if you think JMM and CSF have similar styles.. JMM is an aggressive counter puncher.. he lets his hands go and will mix it up. Chicken shit is a Potshotting Duck and Cover fighter who rarely lets his hands go ..

Yes it's true they are both counterpunchers but it wasn't Marquez counter punching ability that bothers Pacquiao it's Marquez combination punching and his aggressiveness that bothers Pacquiao. Mayweather isn't aggressive and doesn't punch in bunches like Marquez. He likes to stick and cover. You will rarely see him throw more than two to three punches at a time and then he balls up like a turtle..
Now Floyd needs to beat manny pacquaio to finally get some credit?! LMAO!!! I'LL HOLLA!!!

it's pacquaio's name that's attached to floyd, not the other way around! he'll never get the credit he deserves..as the greatest boxer of our era..

he went in the ring w/ mosley n came out clean. that's impressive...and last time i heard,floyd BEAT marquez and not in some retarded ass controversial decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldies Rule Forever1 View Post
How does you get robbed if you're landing less punches than your opponent?

Did Marquez get robbed because his face looked entirely different than when he walked in the ring?

Or did he get robbed when he coasted the last 3 rounds?
Ummm did you see the fight?

watch the fight fool and score it...for me, marquez was robbed...manny pacquaio was outclassed and all i kept thinking was man he is not looking like a fighter that can square off with floyd..
Old 12-02-2011
Maestro

To me, it just comes down to who implemented their style in the fight. Pac was frustrated the whole time running into Marquez's right hand the whole fight...

It was close though, but I tend to lean for Marquez win because he didn't get caught with a left like the previous two fights. That's the difference for me...
Old 02-19-2013
Maestro

Well, funny how things work. The KO pretty much solidified JMM's career and legend. I know I enjoyed it.
Old 02-19-2013
Maestro

But You have to admit .. Before that punch Marquez was eating a LOT of shots..

It was a hell of a fight though.. I need to go back and update the 2012 Boxing thread as the last half of the year was hellacious!!! And we need to start the 2013 thread.

You see the Mikey Garcia Orlando Salido Fight? Mikey is for real boys.. I want to say I posted somewhere he would be sometime last year.. gotta go back and find it...

― chicanodan
Old 03-06-2013
Maestro

It was a close fight before that shot, you're right...

Mikey picked Salido apart, wasn't expecting it to be that easy for him.

The Ghost vs Mayweather is a nice little fight, I'm hoping Guerrero doesn't fight the same way he fought Berto because if he comes forward like that vs PBF, he'll get worked. He's gotta be on his back foot and be patient with his shots, fight like he did when he beat Katsidis. Canelo vs Trout is another great fight, Trout is no joke and depending on the odds for him, wouldn't be a bad underdog play for a decision hedged by betting on Canelo by KO.
Old 03-07-2013
Maestro

IDK about that.. the guys that have had the most success against CSF are the ones who have roughed him up and worked the jab.

Ghost's best chance is to be physical stay active and keep his jab in Floyd's face. He has to stay active and be the agressor.. if he sits back and waits CSF is going to pick him apart..

I don;t think the Trout fight is going to be as competitive as people think.. I think Canelo dismantles Trout wears him down and puts him out by the 9th or 10th.. You will start to hear the P4P rumbling after that..

― chicanodan
Old 03-07-2013
Maestro

Ghost definitely needs to stick that jab out there, couldn't agree more. I'm just saying he's got to be careful and not go in there like he did.with berto...Floyd WILL drop him with a precise shot if he gets careless.

And trout is a nice slick fighter with a good jab, I can see him staying outside and picking canelo apart, and he's also good at holding on when he's in trouble. It's a tougher fight than it seems...he whooped cotto.
Old 03-07-2013
Maestro

He didn't "whoop" Cotto.. If Cotto had any power at Junior Mid He could have hurt Trout.

Canelo is a natural Middleweight who hasn;t grown in to his body yet. He has more power and frankly is an all around better fighter than Cotto at 22 than Cotto has been at any stage in his career.

Now Chavez Martinez.. that was an ass whoppin' ...el primo got in a lucky shot in the twelfth he was outclassed outworked and frankly shouldn't have even been in the same ring.

― chicanodan
Old 03-08-2013
Mocoso

The thing about Canelo is that there's still a question mark as to how good he really is because he hasn't been tested against top level opposition. We may finally get some answers depending on how well he performs against Trout.

And I don't think Guerrero has the tools to beat Mayweather, who is naturally bigger and a better fighter, both on the outside and inside. To Guerrero's credit, he took some huge shots from Berto without budging, which is a good thing because he's going to eat a lot of expertly timed shots from Mayweather. He's really going to have to dig deep just to make it close, IMHO.
Old 03-08-2013
Maestro

Agreed.
Old 03-08-2013
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSolitario View Post
The thing about Canelo is that there's still a question mark as to how good he really is because he hasn't been tested against top level opposition. We may finally get some answers depending on how well he performs against Trout.

And I don't think Guerrero has the tools to beat Mayweather, who is naturally bigger and a better fighter, both on the outside and inside. To Guerrero's credit, he took some huge shots from Berto without budging, which is a good thing because he's going to eat a lot of expertly timed shots from Mayweather. He's really going to have to dig deep just to make it close, IMHO.
Wait, are you saying Mayweather is the naturally bigger fighter?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...o-nose-to-nose

Think again brother... Mayweather has always been a small Welter and a Tiny Jr. Mid. Guerrero has always had a welters Height and reach but never filled in until recently.

I don't disagree that Ghost is going to eat some shots, but I completely disagree about the skills.. Guerrero is easily the most technically sound fighter Mayweather has fought since.. Shit.. IDK that he ever has fought a guy who does the things Guerrero does .. He's not the fastest or strongest or slickest.. But he is EXTREMELY smart in the ring. He may very well be one of the few boxers who can adjust in the ring on the fly at a level that some compare to CSF.

As for strength? I don't think Floyd can hurt Guerrero.. Aydin or Berto couldn't hurt him and they are considered exteremely hard punchers.. Floyd's power isn't in their league.

Now as for my Prediction? I think Floyd will win on points probably a Slim UD but He's going to pay for it.

I agree Canelo's competition has been subpar but so has Trout's. The two biggest Names on Trout's Resume Are Cotto and well.... I guess you can call Delvin Rodriguez a name.. But that's it..

You can;t deny Canelo has the tools. He has better hand speed than Trout. (Mosely put his hand speed on a Pacquiao - Mayweather level) he's stronger and has IMO better ring generalship.

I really believe this is Canelo's coming out party. It would not surprise me to see him take this by 9 or 10 round TKO..

― chicanodan