Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Artist's Lounge > Artwork, Arte, Image, Graphics Talk > ShutterBugs

ShutterBugs A place for Photographers to discuss anything dealing with Photography.

Old 08-11-2008
Gunner

Send a message via AIM to megustahoy Send a message via Yahoo to megustahoy
Default Macro Photography

Yo! Macro is haaaaaaaaaaard! Has anyone ever tried it?

I love close ups and I love detail so I got a 100 macro. It's a beast all it's own. I didn't expect macro photography to be this hard. I'll keep trudging, and I'll post my progress too.

If you know of any online technique support for macro please share.
Old 08-11-2008
Maestro

Default Re: Macro Photography

My girl loves Macro........ She is pretty good at it too. All i know is that you need a really really good lens. Show us some of your work.
Old 08-11-2008
Gunner

I will, I've taken some pictures. I'll post once I've processed them. I had a really, really good lens for it. I give props to your woman, macro is hard!
Old 08-11-2008
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

My 4 year old is a macro beast.
Old 08-13-2008
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

the hardest part is the focusing, any little movement will affect the point of focus. So use a tripod. Also using zoom makes a little easier because if you don't set the camera in the right spot, you can manually zoom in/out just a bit then rely on manual focusing to get it just right.

I only use it for rings at weddings and to get in close on some decorations that will be used as backgrounds.
Old 08-13-2008
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

I dont have that much experience in macro photography. I am just starting to learn how to use my macro on my WORK VIDEO CAMERA.
Old 08-13-2008
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ View Post
the hardest part is the focusing, any little movement will affect the point of focus. So use a tripod. Also using zoom makes a little easier because if you don't set the camera in the right spot, you can manually zoom in/out just a bit then rely on manual focusing to get it just right.

I only use it for rings at weddings and to get in close on some decorations that will be used as backgrounds.

Focusing is extremely hard. I've had my subject in focus and either it, or I, move ever so slightly and all of a sudden it's completely out of focus. I haven't tried a tripod though. I've mostly been photographing the lady bugs in my backyard.

I don't have zoom on my macro, all macros are primes. But if you use extenders then your method will work.
Old 10-13-2008
Maestro

A friend of mine toold me to do this and it actually worked. Sort of kind of...

He told me that if i wanna take a macro pic and i dont have the lens, what i could try is take the lens and literaly turn the lens around and try to focus it with your body by moving it up and down til you get a clear shot.

I tried it and 4 out of 9 shots i took were decent lol