Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity

Identity Anything pertaining to Identity issues.

Old 11-08-2007
Veterano

Default Re: Neighborhood / CITY Gangs

Texas is more of organizing to survive and stay on top. Well, at least within the raza population. The gang itself is the circle that includes everyone as a whole but rings are different in the business way. Business branches off into different areas and catagories like drugs, hits, gambling, extortion and the list goes on.

The gang is not about all teritorial in Texas, how else will it remain in power if it can't expand the real estate away from one area? Now it's more of organizing and staying on top of the game. Shit, it's starting to become rarely heard of the battles happening because of one color doesn't get along with another. Now it's more battles of "who fucked with my business."
Old 11-08-2007
Not Activated!
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93FLEETWOOD View Post
the blacks over here join because they have nothing else to do, like not being in a gang is not being "black"

hispanics over here get influenced by hispanics that come from cali showing off their gang ways and stuff.....
I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT.....ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE CHICANO GANGS NOW DAYS
NOT ALL BUT THE MAJORITY DONT GIVE A SHIT AND THEY WILL KILL YOU FOR NOTHING MEN WOMAN CHILDREN YOUNG OR OLD AND WHATS SAD IS ITS THERE OWN RAZA....ESO ES LA DISGRACIA

Last edited by MESTIZO; 11-08-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2007
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsagleaming View Post
do you think that those new gang players are being used by the veteranos to push the agenda which is putting money into the bank from the taxes off the profit of the new players?
the ones that join for those little reasons? na in't no profit shit, everybody makes they own, just that you're expected to do more......
Old 11-08-2007
Maestro

damn homegirl i wonder how much you have been through but i think some people can't understad the way things are
Old 11-08-2007
Not Activated!
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrart View Post
damn homegirl i wonder how much you have been through but i think some people can't understad the way things are
WELL UNDERSTAND THIS ......THIS HAS AFFECTED US ALL I LIVE IN CITY WHERE THE GANG VIOLENCE IS EVERYWHERE AND ITS GOTTEN TO THE POINT WHERE YOUR REGULAR CITIZEN IS PACKING SOME SORT OF GUN AND THAT INCLUDES ME. ITS NOT PARANOIA ITS REALITY AND THATS THE WAY THINGS ARE.
Old 11-08-2007
Maestro

look homboy i wasnt saying anything wrong i just think people do not understand the complexities of this subject thats all i was saying, it is different in different places the one thing they have in common is it is sad for many families

Last edited by mrart; 11-08-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2007
Not Activated!
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrart View Post
look homboy i wasnt saying anything wrong i just think people do not understand the complexities of this subject thats all i was saying, it is different in different places the one thing they have in common is it is sad for many families
THIS ISSUE AFFECTS ME PERSONALY
I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD GET ANYWHERE NEAR ME YET IT HAS
MY COUSIN WAS KILLED FOR NO REASON. HE WAS JUST WAITING FOR THE BUS AND THESE GANG MEMBERS JUST DECIDED TO KILL SOMEONE AND HE JUST HAPPENED TO BE THERE THIS WAS 13YR AGO AND YEA THIS SHIT AFFECTS US ALL EVENTUALLY .........YA ESTUFAS BRO IM OTTA HERE
Old 11-08-2007
Veterano

I'm not trying to sound stupid, but I'm just very thankful that I don't live near any of this .. and I'm so sorry that anyone else has to!!

If it has tires or testicles,
it's gonna give you problems
Old 11-08-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_dannie View Post
I'm not trying to sound stupid, but I'm just very thankful that I don't live near any of this .. and I'm so sorry that anyone else has to!!

It doesn't sound stupid.
Old 11-08-2007
Veterano

Thank you Niyorco y Suns .. it's just that it's so far removed from here - as in literally - people in general still fight with fists one on one around here .. to own a gun is common cuz people hunt and go to the shooting ranges .. anything else described above is like what we all see on tv .. it's just scary and very sad .. how in the world do people survive day in and out, have any peace of mind having families (especially kids) ..?..

If it has tires or testicles,
it's gonna give you problems

Last edited by Dannie; 11-08-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-08-2007
Mocoso

Lo que deben de hacer con los cholos es algo que muchos no aceptarian, menos en este sitio pero seria algo util para la sociedad.

Integrarlos al ejercito a fuerzas, y si no quieren mata a los utos animales. No hay nada mas peor en este mundo que los incultos pandilleros y su falta de respeto por la sociedad. Un simple gesto, PELEAS POR ALGO NOBLE o PIERDAS LA PINCHI VIDA chingao.
Old 11-08-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_dannie View Post
Thank you Niyorco y Suns .. it's just that it's so far removed from here - as in literally - people in general still fight with fists one on one around here .. to own a gun is common cuz people hunt and go to the shooting ranges .. anything else described above is like what we all see on tv .. it's just scary and very sad .. how in the world do people survive day in and out, have any peace of mind having families (especially kids) ..?..

To be honest, in many cases it's already a way of life as to how one is raised.
Old 11-08-2007
Veterano

Quote:
i think it's survivable by minding your own business. going inside when you can see things your not meant to see, even though they do it in the open. even if it's your own damn parents or relatives especially.

for one's own protection. not calling the cops. (i know, i remember how this upset some ppl)...but basically just being ultra careful of body language, who you have over so it won't cause a problem for you etc.

more reasons to avoid it if possible.
Old 11-08-2007
Veterano

Quote:
do you mean the ways to stay out of the drama like i mentioned?
perhaps, but more of refering to cases like say for example. If I was invited to an area where I'm not used to going, and I was considering going then I had to check myself for colors, style, and probably try and keep my hands in my pockets only so that I would hopefully not get waisted on a simple misunderstanding. Then yeah, I would be kind of soured into not wanting to go around that area anymore. So if possible, avoid it.
Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
this is how little neighborhood gangs start...and their purpose is selling drugs.

now a days a typical neighborhood gang will start with a drug house. the ppl that hang out there become a crew or click, they come up with some generic ass name or take the one from the block they live in if they even give a shit.

a lot of ppl will go there to buy their drugs, "friendships" are made. there's a lot of traffic. as more money comes in, then the more drugs come in, then the major players come in.

eventually, the house dealer is going to rip someone off (usually someone he or she thinks is a punk)because he's(house dealer) smoking his inventory and he has to pay his supplier.

ok, so then you have fighting now, (someone tries to rip off the house) ...then the suppliers come in with their boys because that was their shit they put out on loan. then the "friendships" divide usually according to suppliers and the supplier that stays out of jail makes the most money but money can only be made on the house.

most importantly the supplier is always affiliated with some gang (to sell their shit) unless their a back yard chemist, even then though they are selling big quantities to usually a few ppl. at that level you want to keep shit on the quiet. and those ppl are paranoid as fk.

the only way to stay out of jail is to have the forming click "loyal customers" neighborhood punks enforce the rules, (watch for strange cars, make sure ppl pay, no fights in the house, etc.nothing to attract cops..)and they get paid with free kickdowns of drugs or money, or a nice car to deliver in etc. so long as they stay in the good.

^^^that is how neighborhood gangs start, no one usually says, "hey i'm gonna make a gang called this and i'm the captain." lol.

it just happens that way, small players get pushed out, big players come in with their boys, the locals direct the traffic and are usually the ones to take the minutes when game times over.

That may be how it is on the mean streets of Boise, but that isnt anything close to how gangs started here (Southern CA).

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
i c...yeah i would avoid it unless i was sure that the person who invited me could be trusted to truly know that it was ok to invite me to the party, or the house, etc. and by the time you get to that level of trust with that friend, they've mentioned you long before you ever show up there. from what i've seen that is how it works. cause unless they see you as a harmless ho they don't want just anyone in their house or seeing them.

it is a strange fkng situation to be in. like showing up at your ex's wedding or something, it really has to be ok. and of course you don't know that for sure untill you get there. maybe the fkrs won't like someone you know and the party really gets rollin.

because your protection in the area is riding on the reputation of the friend who invited you in basically if that makes any sense.
sometimes even trust can be misleading. This article has not been confirmed about gang relation but more of a business deal gone wrong. What I wanted to point out with it is how someone who was very "picky" about who he hangs out with still can slip out of trust. The body is still missing and probably won't be recovered if the gators ate him.

http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/si...d=512588&rfi=6
Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
^^lol...well why don't you educate my silly boise ass. since the gangs here are from california.

(by the way) i've spent many years outside of boise *gasp* fyi!!
I don't know where you grew up, but your knowledge of "the streets" does read like something out of a bad novel.

Anyway, this website may help educate you a bit...

http://www.sleepylagoon.com/Home/main.htm

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
LMAO....^^^^i'm sorry but just shut up. like something out of novel to you because you can't even imagine what it was like. obviously i have a hell of a lot more knowledge and first hand experience than you on this subject.
I think it'll become a let less obvious very soon.
At least with regards to the knowledge part; I admit I don't have too much personal experience with being in a gang, but I sure as hell have been around enough of that shit growing up in L.A.
I do however have personal experience with being in Los Angeles County Jail though

Do I get at least some street credibility?

Quote:
i can't even take you seriously, that website looks stupid, where did you even find that...and why did you take the time to look for it?
I found it on a search engine. I didnt really take a close look at the way it looked. I was more concerned with its content and thought that the story of Sleepy Lagoon may give you some insight into how gangs began in Los Angeles.

Quote:
i thought you were gonna tell me how it is for you in your own experiences kool!!!!
I never said I was and if you do some reading you'd see it would be impossible to talk about personal experiences of how gangs were started here in L.A.; since they began in the 1930's.

Quote:
i'm getting tired, hurry up and reply back if your going to yo!!
Go next door and buy some crack so you can stay awake!

Last edited by KoolArrow; 11-09-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

This thread was about how neighborhood gangs start. Not about personal gang experiences or how crack houses are started.

Your description is totally inaccurate when it comes to how gangs began here in Los Angeles (and the southwest).
Maybe gangs in Yakima WA began with territory related to apple farming but that isnt how things are down here.

As far as my reference to being in county, no I wasnt trying to impress you. I was mocking you to be honest.

You seem to think that because I don't post about problems with the law and the same kind of drama you have surrounded yourself with, that it means I grew up with some charmed life and I would just be shocked at the crazy shit you've seen.
I doubt that there is anything you could tell me that would really shock or surprise me, but I think trying to have a pissing contest about who is more dysfunctional is kind of silly.

Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

[QUOTE=KoolArrow;767509]
Maybe gangs in Yakima WA began with territory related to apple farming but that isnt how things are down here.
QUOTE]

ROFLMFAO!!
Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
[/i][/b]=lol...that would be me, because unlike yourself, i have actually lived some of the things you watch from the sides.

^^^it all comes down to this, you don't agree with me about how gangs come up in a neighborhood so be it. have you ever lived in the projects? probably not, and reading books about the shit doesn't count.

you fkng make me out to be the fool, when fool you haven't even lived it and are judging me based on what you see "other" ppl do because somehow you fkng have more street cred than my foolish boise self because you live in LA.

save that bull shit.

your so much more mature than me. (not wanting a pissing contest)and hey, easy for you to be a hater from the sidelines.

Someone that really has no clue about my personal history telling me what I've seen and what I know is the epitome of ignorance.

OMG, you lived in the projects??? Like no wayyyyy

I've only read about that stuff in the books that my butler delivers to me.

And I never said I had street cred because I live in L.A. That shit only means something to people like you.
Your world seems very small and I find your expertise of some subjects to be pretty entertaining.

Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
[/i][/b]
and your world is very big because you live in LA right.lol.....like i've said i've lived in many other places and the only reason you hating on me right now, is because you can, due to the only fact i am living in boise right now because i'm statebound .....if i were to tell you, i live in Albuquerque (yes, i did live in the southwest)you'd probably keep your stupid stereotypical weak ass, heard it a million times before style comments to yourself.

and i'm still laughing at your weak self....i know what your fkng doing,,don't think i dont'...and i can stay up all nite if you want to continue this.
I actually remember you mentioning NM before.
Coincidently my dad just happens to be from Albuquerque and did in fact grow up in the projects there.
So no, I didnt read projects stories, I had to endure them from family members.

I know you can stay up all night. Crackhead.

Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
are we cool?

No, I'm going to shank you in the neck out in the yard later.

Watch your back!

Old 11-09-2007
Maestro

sunsagleaming:
Your listing of how a gang starts in Idaho is very interesting and not so far when it comes to LA gang history.

Yes our gangs are decades old and their roots are not solely Chicano, which most people find extremely odd if they haven't lived the life across generations.
Most Chicano gangs were not outright violent as they are today. Some were started as clubs(White Fence-Sports, Avenues-Motorcycle), others just a group of friends. Protection from the dominate group is where most violence was geared towards, as in the Avenues(Chicano) and Undertakers(White) fights. This didn't mean there wasn't violence between the Chicano gangs it just wasn't as bad as it is today.

Drugs are the main reason that gangs exist today, the age of a gang member fighting for his varrio is almost at an end. One of the homies from Avenues found that out the hard way, its in the Mexican Mafia book.

I have seen it an been a part of how gangs expand in to other areas.
During the 70's homies from the Avenues started to move out to Lancaster, CA. trying to get away from the gang problems. This didn't happen and by the early 80's Lancaster Avenues or Avenues Lancaster depending on who you talked too was in full swing. They didn't move there and open a crack/drug house, they moved there and used force to carve an area for themselves. Drug dealing was never the meat and bones of Chicano gang members, by the late 80's this all changed.

Now days they will move to an area and start their drug trade, this time using the gang's image to keep people from messing with them.
Many gang killings today are not over varrio turf, even though to the unknowing eye it is, it's about money, drugs and control of illegal business.

The sleepy lagoon site KoolArrow sent you has accurate information.

Below is a picture given too me by a friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thefencecy2.jpg (56.9 KB, 5 views)

The function of the law is not to provide justice or to preserve freedom. The function of the law is to keep those who hold power, in power. ~Gerry Spence

Last edited by godisred; 11-09-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2007
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyorco View Post
Texas is more of organizing to survive and stay on top. Well, at least within the raza population. The gang itself is the circle that includes everyone as a whole but rings are different in the business way. Business branches off into different areas and catagories like drugs, hits, gambling, extortion and the list goes on.

The gang is not about all teritorial in Texas, how else will it remain in power if it can't expand the real estate away from one area? Now it's more of organizing and staying on top of the game. Shit, it's starting to become rarely heard of the battles happening because of one color doesn't get along with another. Now it's more battles of "who fucked with my business."

its been like that for a good while up here. mostly related to the TS members back on the street..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESTIZO View Post
EL QUE SABE SABE......YOUR NOT TO FAR FROM HOME CARNAL
Not too far, still have love for San Anto..