Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Entertainment > Media > Music

Music Anything music related

Old 03-18-2015
Gunner

Default Re: Mexican rappers suck especially chicano rap it's horrible

LMAO! Because we all know, LQ is racist towards blacks..haha

You make my heart flutter, like wings of a hummingbird. With you, my soul flies... <3
Old 03-18-2015
Estudiante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
I could care less if they're doing songs with DJ Ketchup, Snoopy or Charlie Brown. I realize some have skills, but the fact that a few make it big doesn't do much for me. I like rappers who represent their own culture and not someone else's. And if the genre wants to get respect in general, they are going to have to find their own niche in the industry and not get on the negro bandwagon.
then you dont listen at all to it. they do rep their own culture, but rap is rap. we all listen to it and like it. they do it their own way in the south and a different way in texas, chicano rap has is own flavors too. here is mr capone e w/ too short:

(yes i already know that but he reps chicano rap) ppl should push for this, it's a good thing.

Last edited by grape ape; 03-19-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-18-2015
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

I like too short, but if rappers like mr Capone want more respect, they should leave the gang shit for prison and rap about something more positive. And isn't that dude a fuckin Hindu? He should stick to Bollywood
Old 03-19-2015
Estudiante

and then they'll be rappin while living in a cardboard box because the music industry only pushes one message in rap ... "spics and niggers are genetic animal that will kill you and murder you and the only way to stop it is to put them in prison." the message they want to send was the part in quotes, lest my words get twisted.

the only way out of the hood for them is support the effort to keeps blacks and latinos in the hood and on the way to prison. actors that learn about it have to shut up or get no work, cops that learn about it have to shut up or get no work, athletes that learn about it have to shut up or get no work and academics, politicians, activists and intellectuals that want to expose it will never get on any mainstream media outlet.

u know this as well as i do, so why blame rappers?
Old 03-19-2015
Maestro

I do know this and you're right, but hip hop started as a political voice for the subordinate and since has become what it is today. I don't blame the rappers per say, but I still don't respect the art because the root of hip hop has been lost.

It's not impossible to make it thinking outside the box, look at Rage against the Machine, The Coup, Public Enemy, etc., Artists just have to stick to their guns and do the music as a vehicle for justice and not to just make money. Easier said than done, but not impossible.
Old 03-23-2015
Estudiante

how it started? ... no it didnt... not really antway, it started a party music, then became a way to help give young people a positive message... kool herc came before the zulu naiton as far as connections to hip hop. and some of the earliest pioneers of the movement were latino. but it stayed party music 1st and a political voice 2nd. but you are ryt the political component was more important than it is today.

i agree its not impossible, but to get attention there have to be payoffs to certain ppl from record labels to get rotation, also it cant draw the ire of the powers that be. once that happens the rapper will be lucky if becoming a 1 hit wonder is the worst price they have 2 pay. but i agree that i would like to see more positive stuff thrown into the mix. we are on the same page on that homie believe me. but u cant blame poor kids for wanting to be rich either.
Old 03-23-2015
Maestro

Nah you can't blame the rappers for doing what could possibly make them more money, just doesn't mean I gotta like it or support it.