Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity

Identity Anything pertaining to Identity issues.

Old 07-25-2005
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default Act on it or wait?

There are two types of people in this world. Those who want something out of life and will act on it by taking it. And those who wait and are happy with what life gives to them.

Which one best describes you?
Old 07-25-2005
Travieso

Well it use to be wait and sit there and look pretty . I guess beacuse my parents use to be right above my shoulder always watching and observing me and not give me no freedom but i got tired of depending on someone knowing i can do things for myself But now Im working my way up to the top and trying to reach the goals in my life i have ! Its hard though.
Old 07-25-2005
Supporter
Veterano

I can say I'm both. I AM patient enough to wait for things (depending on what the situation is) AND also I take action in order to get what I want.

How about you, SJ?
Old 07-25-2005
Maestro

Those who want something out of life and will act on it by taking it

That's Me, If It's Good Or Not Well I'm Not Exactly Sure, But I Wanna Be Someone, I Want To Do Something, And That's Wut I'm Striving For, And Just Like Yuma, I Used To Have My Parents Over My Shoulder, But Once They Split Up, I Had One On Each ...But i'm a Lil Older N I Know Right From Wrong On My Own...And They've Become More Leniant About Things...But Even If They Are Slowly Letting Me Become My Own Person, I Continue To Do What They DRILLED IN MY HEAD...Stay In School, Do Good...You Know...and It Actually Worked On ME..So That's Why Now, I'm Working On What I Want on My Own
Old 07-25-2005
SuaveHighTimes

I believe I'm more of the go getter then the waiter. But in life, nothing is ever so simple as just that. In many cases, patience is required in order to move on with less issues.

So in simple terms, wait if you must, but otherwise go get it.
Old 07-25-2005
Supporter
Maestro

I'm in between. I'll be content with life when things are going well. But I'm not afraid to take the extra steps to push things along if not. I just won't force something that isn't meant to be is all.

Old 07-25-2005
Estudiante

Depends on the situation.
Both can be good, if handled right
Old 07-25-2005
Site Admin
Presidente

I understand how people can do both. I was just asking in general, what approach do people take in their life?

There are those that "roll with the punches" and then there are those who do the punching.

I understand certain situations call for a different approach but overall do you feel you are constantly on the "offense"(going out there and getting what you want) or on the defense?(let things fall into place and being content with what you have)

Taking action vs waiting. Is one method better than the other? Taking action will get you what you want a lot quicker but you are in danger of making mistakes. Waiting it out is very slow but you are in less danger of making mistakes.
Old 07-25-2005
Supporter
Maestro

Quote:
Waiting it out is very slow but you are in less danger of making mistakes.

Nah I don't think so. The biggest mistake could be waiting too long.
Old 07-25-2005
Veterano

let things fall into place and being content with what you have

That describes me right now.

I am not a materialistic person - possessions do not interest me, so I do not strive for money, money is just money to me - nothing to base your entire life on.

I also do not believe in possessing people - I let people live and be whatever they want - I do not judge or expect you to judge me.

Some may say that I lack ambition - but I do have ambitions - I strive to be good. I strive for knowledge, for learning.

I KNOW that I am better than some but lesser than others. And with that I am content.

I also believe that those who "punch" their way thru life, lose at the end. They may die with the most toys - but they usually die unhappy.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 07-25-2005
Gunner

Default Re: Act on it or wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
There are two types of people in this world. Those who want something out of life and will act on it by taking it. And those who wait and are happy with what life gives to them.

Which one best describes you?
a wise person will balance thier life. In some situations you need to have both mentalities.
Old 07-25-2005
Supporter
Veterano

I can't see myself as the WAITING type.

I like to always take ACTION and be in control. Also, TOO MUCH action can weary you and that's when you lay low and let things happen as they go.

It's like a roller coaster, sometimes you go up but then you come down and up again...
Old 07-25-2005
Travieso

im more of a take action person then jus sit and wait...yeah i know that taking action can bring more mistakes but with out mistakes then life would not well be life....thats wut i think.

***gEnESiS***
Old 07-25-2005
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to shortcakes

In general I think I am a go-getter. I've learned to depend on myself and no one else. If there's something I want and I know I can have then I will give it a shot. It's like setting goals, I don't set them too high nor do I set them to low. I know my weaknesses. If I don't accomplish my goal after numerous attempts, yes it will be disappointing but I will adjust and settle with what I have. This is only after I did all I could.

It's like my goal to graduate college. No one is going to hand me a diploma if I sit on my behind and don't go to school. I have a good job and I know I could move up in a couple of years, but I refuse to settle here because this is not what I want...this is not my passion. Therefore I have to take things into my own hands. I have to go to school and study hard so I can graduate.
Old 07-25-2005
Site Admin
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa
Nah I don't think so. The biggest mistake could be waiting too long.
that's true. I mean each method has it's pitfalls. I was saying that someone who waits it out, tends to be a bit more cautious since they are thinking it through. But you are right. Waiting too long can be a bad mistake.

Quote:
Some may say that I lack ambition - but I do have ambitions - I strive to be good. I strive for knowledge, for learning.
ambition exists in many forms. Some tend to be more focused on their ambitions, others are more general. Sometimes when we fail to see what someone is focusing in on, we assume they have no ambition(s)

Quote:
a wise person will balance thier life. In some situations you need to have both mentalities.
We can try to always maintain balance but it doesn't always work out that way. We cannot achieve perfect balance, no matter how hard we try. We always tend to lean towards a certain way. That is all I was asking. In which direction do people tend to lean towards?
Old 07-25-2005
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to LaMuchachitaTuya

Well I know what you mean SJ and even though some people .... might wait and some might just do it! I personally think that if you wait to damn long your opportunity might pass you by and than again it might come your way again ...life is what you choose it to be not what it should be! dang im getting to deep here! WOW ...its amazing what a lil fresh air and the view of the Grand canyon can do to a person's outlook! lol

value everyones thoughts and love yourself for who you are! OMG i better stop or ill be babbling !!!!
Proverbs 19:6-7 says Everyone tries to be friends of those that can help them. If you are poor, your own relatives reject you, and your friends are worse. When you really need them, they are not there. A Friend is someone you can count on for anything without stings or conditions. Someone who would give their life for you.
Old 07-25-2005
Mocoso

Send a message via Yahoo to browneyes65904

i'm the one that wants somethign in life and acts on it by taking it, buti'm also patient and can wait for things(NOT PEOPLE!) i think that when peoplee want something they should do whatever they can to accomplishe whatever they want.
Old 07-25-2005
Estudiante

um... well me i work with what im given weither good or bad i dont wait around 4 things cuz i have no pateince what so ever
*cuando te queria no me quisistes cuando te fuiste me dejaste triste y te reistes de mi aint it funny now u want me vete con tu mujer y olvidate de mi no soy de ti* ~~GUYS R WHATEVER FRIENDS R 4 EVER WHEN WORST COMES TO WORST MY GURLS COME FIRST ~~
Old 07-25-2005
Gunner

Send a message via Skype™ to Islas

I guess I'm sort of both. But i tend to wait more. But when its something I really want and desire I go for it and there is no stopping me.
Old 07-25-2005
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to Gh0sT213 Send a message via Yahoo to Gh0sT213

I'm going to say... both.

Old 07-25-2005
Gunner

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
Old 07-25-2005
Veterano

Quote:
I am not a materialistic person - possessions do not interest me

What about all those crappy trinkets you always get so excited about???
cute little cookies jars or what have you..

I'm more of a go out and get stuff done kind of person for the most part but sometimes I find it better to be patient and other times, I'm just in a rut and feel too lazy to get stuff done.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 07-25-2005
payo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavecitita
I can say I'm both. I AM patient enough to wait for things (depending on what the situation is) AND also I take action in order to get what I want.
sAME HeRE
Old 05-22-2008
you never know...
Veterano

Send a message via AIM to mariposa

i really want to act...but sometimes i am forced to wait...which is good..i get to discover things that i never knew.
'Cause you never really know what you got, until it's gone

_ IT
Old 05-23-2008
Veterano

geez, enough witht the bumping... LOL