Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Artist's Lounge > Artwork, Arte, Image, Graphics Talk > Showcase

Showcase Have some really nice images you want to show off? Post the links to your work here and get some helpful comments about it.

Old 10-10-2008
Travieso

Default Mayahuel nude

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toltecapilo/2927792599/

This is my drawing (obviously) of Mayahuel nude while she is wakening up within her realm.

This is my personal vision of Mayahuel, the energy (also refered as a goddess) of the Maguey, the most important plant in ancient Mexico. Mayahuel was the name given in Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs or Mexica, to the energy the rules the Maguey plant. She is represented in the different ancient indigenous books as coming from within a maguey plant. The plant was important because it gave several goods to the ancient indigenous Mexicans, like clothing, medicine, weaving material, religious materials, pulque, and even was helpful when cooking.

It is interesting to note that the spirit or energy the governs this important plant is female. In several codices, Mayahuel appears topless, that is why I decided to draw her nude, showing her thighs, butt, and bareback.

Now a story...

I kept walking towards the enigmatic Coatepec, the sacred mountain at Nonoalco. For days I have been traveling in a quest to recover a spine from the great maguey. This is no ordinary spine spilled by the plant, it is the one used by Quetzalcoatl, but stolen from our temple by terrible evil wizard. I am condemned to keep climbing up the holy stairs to the summit of the Coatepec. The wind blew as I was approaching the summit. It greeted me, so it seemed. It was a welcoming wind that was trying to indicate me to a path. But it was far from what the pilgrimages to the site have constructed. The wind was bending all the mezquite trees, pointing to an unlooked gorge. I couldn't decide. One was a perfectly made road towards the last part of the holy summit, where Quetzalcoatl's sister once lived fasting in isolation. The other was a somewhat dangerous passage. I sighed, and nodded. It is the wind whom I shall follow, I said. I walked by a cliff as the trees indicated me where to keep walking. The the wind stopped. I was confused. I stood there, by the cliff, watching the holy land of the Teotlalpan, of the ancients. As I was admiring the huge valley surrounding the sacred mountain, I heard something. It was coming from nearby. I glanced over a zacate grass as I saw the origin of the sound. It was a mouse. The mouse was making noises in order to get my attention. I stared the mouse, then suddenly the mouse went by the cliff, and stopped, as if waiting for me. I followed the funny little mouse all the way to a hidden cave, just under the holy summit. The mouse stopped at the cave's entrance, and began to talk. "It is through here, Topiltzin, where you shall find what you have been looking for". The mouse suddenly disappeared in the air, as if it desintegrated. Though the dark cave awaited me. I came inside, to a dark and humid environment. Darkness seemed to disappear, while some sort of light came in to the cave. I kept walking when I found myself in a gigantic hall. "It is the hall of the Four hundred rabbits", I mumbled. There were 400 rabbits, all in similar size, but different. Some were floating over the ceiling of the cave. At once, all 400 hundred rabbits turned to look at me and pronounced altogether "We are the guardians of she whose habitation is here". I stood there looking in shock, I was about to utter a word when the 400 rabbits began talking again: "You are most welcomed, Topiltzin. She has been expecting. Four ages have pass, and finally here you are! At least comfort her! At least erase her pain!" I walked to the very end of the hall. When I turned back, the rabbits where gone. There was a small and narrow passage. I went through it. What I saw next was the most beautiful of all court rooms I have ever been or dreamed. Nor even the Temple of the Frog at Tula can compare with the beauty and brightness of this place. It was warm but cozy. And at the very center of it was a huge maguey plant, rivalring the great temple of Cholula. I went through the arms of such maguey. Once inside, it was like a maze. I kept making my way to the center of the maguey. After passing the final wall of arms, I was in a room. The room was none other than the center of the maguey. But my eyes were amazed to encounter Mayahuel herself. She was lying nude and asleep. I walked very slowly towards her. She woke up from her sleep and stared at me while she kept her original position. "You do know I missed you", she uttered in sleepiness. "Me?", I asked. I was trying not to look at her directly, her divine nudity I was witnessing was pumping my heart really fast. "Are you scared to look at what is yours", she said. "My lady, you are Mayahuel, and I am no one but a human". She giggled and smiled impressed at what I told her. Mayahuel twisted her voluptuous body and asked me in an jokingly manner: "Tell me, I order you, do you like looking at me?" "Yes, of course" I quickly answered while I was looking at her beautiful body. "Well then, in that case you're a man no doubt", she said with certain wit. "But, now tell me", Mayahuel said while she bended her body in her bed of maguey, "Will I let you take me, touch me, and make me love?" I was perplexed at what she was telling me. Why would Mayahuel want me with her, making love at her own palace. But yet again there were no guardians, and she was actually somewhat taunting. "I would say... Yes. You will let me." "And I will, for you are not a man, but Quetzalcoatl, my true love once separated from me by wicked means of my grandmother. But at last together!"
-Acolmiztli Netzahualcoyotl

"Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go." - Bernard Malamud

http://rayoxuditv.tk
http://tlacuilopilo.blogspot.com
http://babyamoxtli.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2008
Veterano

Send a message via Yahoo to Mousiie
Default Re: Mayahuel nude

beautiful!
Old 10-10-2008
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to moralygray

Nice piece...very tastefull...
Old 10-10-2008
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

Quema! nice story
Old 10-10-2008
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs mouse View Post
beautiful!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralygray View Post
Nice piece...very tastefull...
Indeed I try to stick to being tasteful just as our ancestors did in their art and drawings. If you look at any book on Ancient Mexican art, you'll see lots of tasteful nudity. For some strange (or convenient) reason mainstream idea has a false puritan light over our ancestors. If you ask me, I did not hesitate to draw Mayahuel nude and beautiful, because I knew I wasn't disrespectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMX View Post
Quema! nice story

Thanks so much. I'm trying to put these little and fragmented fiction stories alongside my drawings. It is basically what I think when I see the finished drawing.

"Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go." - Bernard Malamud

Old 10-11-2008
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Very nice. Whose likeness did you use on the face?
Old 10-11-2008
Veterano

Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TlacuiloPilo View Post
If you look at any book on Ancient Mexican art, you'll see lots of tasteful nudity.
Good to know
Nude art is beautiful
- SD (Butterfingers)
Soldier is my crazyyy freak
SJ is my favorite mod!
Old 12-05-2008
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
Very nice. Whose likeness did you use on the face?
It´s this girl from Colombia. Andrea Rincon.

Old 01-03-2009
Veterano

Very Nice.