Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > Advice Column

Advice Column If you find yourself wanting advice about something, post it here.

Old 09-03-2004
SuaveHighTimes

i tell everyone just to make an effort and try to exercise on a daily basis. i run almost everyday and lift weights at least 3 days out of the week. you find yourself happier and more energetic too. i know sometimes we get lazy and rather just lay down to watch tv or whatever, but trust me, in the long run you'll be better off.

imagine when youre all old like 40. you'll regret not having taking this advise then. Besides, you'll be healthier. in fact, you'll look better, feel better, and even improve your mental health.

just my .2
Old 09-03-2004
Maestro

That's great advise Suave.. but I get tempted easily!! sometimes I'll say "ok.. that's it tomorrow i wont eat this and that.. and ahi voy"
Old 09-03-2004
SuaveHighTimes

well im not saying dont eat.....just reduce your portions. but dont expect to do it overnight either, just a step at a time. try joggin around your home too. it will be hard to motivate yourself at first, but if your persist, then it comes naturally after like the 3rd or 4th week. the sooner you start, the sooner you'll be glad that you did.

everyone, just take one good look at yourself in the mirror. regardless of who you are, there is always room for improvement. imagine what you could be. it isnt that hard after you take the 1st step.
Old 09-03-2004
dd

Suavehightimes wrote:

Quote:
i tell everyone just to make an effort and try to exercise on a daily basis. i run almost everyday and lift weights at least 3 days out of the week. you find yourself happier and more energetic too. i know sometimes we get lazy and rather just lay down to watch tv or whatever, but trust me, in the long run you'll be better off.

imagine when youre all old like 40. you'll regret not having taking this advise then. Besides, you'll be healthier. in fact, you'll look better, feel better, and even improve your mental health.

just my .2

hmmm. getting a visual of what your abdominals must look like! ha! just playin'

On a serious note though......he is right! You do get more energy because you increase your strength and your mental health is improved.
Old 09-08-2004
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to Gh0sT213 Send a message via Yahoo to Gh0sT213
Default umzzz

5`7 and 145 lbs.

Old 09-08-2004
Fresh Meat!

Send a message via Yahoo to Sunshine
Default SunShine Gurl!!

okay... well i weigh 139 im 5'7 1/2 almost 5'8 i know that 139lbs is alot right well im not fat im just tall.... DUH!!! well i will have a picture up soon...! LOL [/img]
Old 09-09-2004
Mocoso

I AM 5-8" AND WEIGH 160 LBS I LIKE MY WEIGHT .....NO DIET NO NOTHING I EAT A LOT ......GOOD METEBOLISIM THOUGH...
Old 10-06-2004
Prospect

dam~ i'm da shortest shorty up in hia, i am 4'11 and i weight 112~ i am verry tiny~
Old 10-06-2004
Chicle

Send a message via Yahoo to Lowered_Ambitions

5'8 170
Old 10-06-2004
Maestro

damn.... well currently im 5'9" - 5'10" and i put 230 pounds of downward pressure on this earth! =0P Gimme about 3 months or so and i should be back down to like 200, or close to it. =0P
Old 10-06-2004
Gunner

5'4 and 118lbs.