Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Religion

Religion Discuss your opinoins, faiths, beliefs, doubts, and/or philosophy.

Old 02-14-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Mexica Rosary...

How many beads does a rosary have? How many small towards the big bead, and how many times does this pattern happen?

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 02-14-2005
Gunner

Default Re: Something you catholics can help me with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl
How many beads does a rosary have? How many small towards the big bead, and how many times does this pattern happen?
Good question.

You can go to http://www.ewtn.com and probably find out there under the "Faith" link.

The Catholic Church has a satellite station called Eternal Word Television Network and on there they actually perform the rosary in its entirety by a certain nun order.

Oh yeah...if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Rosary come from the Muslim world?
Old 02-14-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: Something you catholics can help me with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahuac_History
Quote:
Good question.

You can go to http://www.ewtn.com and probably find out there under the "Faith" link.

The Catholic Church has a satellite station called Eternal Word Television Network and on there they actually perform the rosary in its entirety by a certain nun order.

Oh yeah...if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Rosary come from the Muslim world?
I think the Rosary did from the Muslim world, but you know how the church is. They won't speak about it.

I'm just wondering bc I want to do something indigena by stealing something from the catholic faith as the Catholics have done with our faith.

Old 02-14-2005
The one and only
Presidente

I look through the site and nothing.

Old 02-14-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Found a site that gives me more info than that Catholic channel:

http://www.stbonaventure.org/Rosary.htm

http://www.members.aol.com/EpiPastor/rosary.htm

My idea may be hard to do, but we'll see what happens...

Old 02-19-2005
you never know...
Veterano

Send a message via AIM to mariposa

A rosary

ok so

X xxxxxxxxxx X xxxxxxxxxx X xxxxxxxxxxx X xxxxxxxxxx X xxxxxxxxxx X

The big X is an Our Father and the little xs are a Hail Mary. After you pray all of these you pray three more Hail Maries.

Answer to your question?
'Cause you never really know what you got, until it's gone

_ IT
Old 02-19-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Made this based on the rosary:

The big beads are made out of bone in the shape of skulls.

These made out of beads with stars.

Old 02-20-2005
Gunner

I like how you think, Tecpaocelotl.

I like your idea.
I've also thought about using similar consepts to promote indigenous religion.

One thing you could possibly do is to place at the bottom
of your Mexica Rosary a substitute for the Christian cross:

instead, perhaps use the Wakah Chan (World Tree) of the Maya which represents:
the 4 Directions
the Milky Way (stars)
the double headed serpent of life and death
the Maize Tree
etc

The Wakah Chan also represents the 3 levels of the cosmos:
the realm of Death below (Mictlan)
the Middle World (Tlalticpac) where we live
the Skies with a Quetzal bird symbolizing Omeyocan
Old 02-21-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Great minds think alike.

It's not really a Mexica rosary. That's just the title of this subject. Just trying to get people to read it. It's more like an Native Mexican rosary bc before the conquest, ojo de venados were used by "brujos" to protect themselves from other "brujos" spells.

Old 02-21-2005
Travieso

well, well, well you two guys are something else last week i ask to tell me of your belief but to no avail, sera sera. anyway i see where you two go seeing that your ome don't hold his own ground you try to bring down God to ome's level but the truth will prevail lies will soon be exposed. read the bible fellas you are trying to confuse some of the young ppl on here but it will not work cause your god does not hold too much water in his cup. God bless you two.
Old 02-21-2005
deletedAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalebrown
well, well, well you two guys are something else last week i ask to tell me of your belief but to no avail, sera sera. anyway i see where you two go seeing that your ome don't hold his own ground you try to bring down God to ome's level but the truth will prevail lies will soon be exposed. read the bible fellas you are trying to confuse some of the young ppl on here but it will not work cause your god does not hold too much water in his cup. God bless you two.
Confuse people? I don't see the problem with what they are talking about.

Quote:
you try to bring down God to ome's level but the truth will prevail
That was just ignorant.
Old 02-21-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Quote:
First of all, you don't make any sense. I had to read Truchas post in order to understand you. Second, we both posted our beliefs. There's no reason to repost them. Third, you have no logic. I have read the bible and it's the most counterdicting book I have ever read. When its followers say this and that, it doesn't even make sense. Makes less sense than you. Doesn't mean that it's in a book that it's true. It's like if there was this book that said that there's this guy who is part god/alien part human and he powers that no human ever had. Does that make it true? Fourth, many of Mexican Catholic beliefs have Mexican origins that go before the conquest. You will trip out how much of Mexican Catholic is from native beliefs.

Old 02-21-2005
Gunner

Quote:
Fourth, many of Mexican Catholic beliefs have Mexican origins that go before the conquest. You will trip out how much of Mexican Catholic is from native beliefs.

That would be a good thread.
Have you already made one about the similarities?

I know for a fact that in Mexica civilization, there already existed

* water baptism of a baby after birth

* confession to Tlazolteotl for "transgressions"
(no middle man priests were involved)

* eating the body of "God" when they had a ceremony eating Huitzilopochtli's body represented by a maize dough (corn tortilla)

* Resurrection of the god: all over Mexico this exists, with the daily Sun (Tonatiuh), Quetzalcoatl, the Mayan King Pacal, the Maize Lord (Yuum Kax)

In fact, for many native peoples, Jesus just became another name for the sun which dies and rises again as "The Light of the World"

* statues of The Creator vs statues of Saints

* The sacred Quetzal bird became the Dove representing the Holy Spirit

* Heaven = Tlalocan, where all is joy and happiness

* The Wakah Chan and The Four Directions were superimposed over the Christian Cross

* And of course, The Virgen de Guadalupe was really just Tonantzin, and all of the original sightings took place at her shrine on Tepeyac hill

I know there are many many more.

In fact, the Olmecs over 3,000 years ago even had "angels"

And in many native churches today, the baby Jesus has a twin:

Which represents the old Hero Twins of the Olmec, Maya, and of course Mexica (Quetzalcoatl and Xolotl)
Old 02-21-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Wanna to make the new thread or should I (We'll call it the Mexicayotl Code.)? We can have all the stuff we talked about then add stuff we haven't talked about.

Old 02-21-2005
Gunner

Quote:
Wanna to make the new thread or should I (We'll call it the Mexicayotl Code.)? We can have all the stuff we talked about then add stuff we haven't talked about.
You can go for it.

I can rember you mentioning it first.

LOL @ Mexicayotl Code. (Da Vinci Code)
Yes, that's a good name for it!
Old 02-22-2005
Travieso

First of all, you don't make any sense. I had to read Truchas post in order to understand you. Second, we both posted our beliefs. There's no reason to repost them. Third, you have no logic. I have read the bible and it's the most counterdicting book I have ever read. When its followers say this and that, it doesn't even make sense. Makes less sense than you. Doesn't mean that it's in a book that it's true. It's like if there was this book that said that there's this guy who is part god/alien part human and he powers that no human ever had. Does that make it true? Fourth, many of Mexican Catholic beliefs have Mexican origins that go before the conquest. You will trip out how much of Mexican Catholic is from native beliefs.[/quote]

i would tend to agree with you as to mexican catholics have mexican origins; wow i wonder how long it took you to find that out. so i ask you to tell me of your belief which you say you've posted already but still nothing look i really don't care what you believe it is your free will to do so. don't confuse man with God that is the trouble with people who look at the actions of man and not look towards God in man you will find imperfections in Jesus is where the perfection is and when one truly accepts Jesus into their life Jesus will shone thru them " 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. " found in rev. 3:20
Jesus is a gift from God "Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

i am sure you celebrate christmas look at this way when you were a child a gift was placed under the tree from your father that gift was not yours until you recieved it and accepted from your dad but until you opened the gift and recieved it with joy the gift remained in the package unrevealed to you so i don't expect you to truly understand the concept of chritianity for i know you never opened your gift from our Heavenly Father which is enternal life found in 1john5: 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
God bless you.
Old 02-22-2005
Veterano

Chale Brown you dont make any sense.

I would tell you to go to hell, but I think being yourself is worse than going to hell.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 02-22-2005
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

for like the 10th time or something. here is the link to what they believe in, to what they and many others see as alot more understandable and logical then christanity:
http://www.soychicano.com/modules.ph...ewtopic&t=9132

a whooooooole thread full of many many many examples and pages of stuff about OMETEOTL.

a question for you, why the hell do you care what they think or believe in? i mean they obviosuly do not believe in christianity so why care if they dont?
and why care if they preach against it?

does your religion not preach against other beliefs?

sheeesh.
Old 02-22-2005
Travieso

chale is always "proving" his points wit the bible. wtf

if ppl dont believe in the book how do u expect to argue them wit it?

the fact remains that ur beliefs are only valid iff, if and only if, u accpet the bible as the word of god.

if u dont then its just another work of fiction like dr.seuss or something.

u can have a meaningful discussion on religion, just put done the bible and use reason and logic to prove ur points and ideas.

A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Frederick Nietzsche

There is something feeble and contemptible about a man who cannot face life without the help of comfortable myths.
Bertrand Russell

California Alumni - class of 2006. Go Bears!
Old 02-23-2005
Gunner

Quote:
i am sure you celebrate christmas look at this way when you were a child a gift was placed under the tree from your father that gift was not yours until you recieved it and accepted from your dad but until you opened the gift and recieved it with joy the gift remained in the package unrevealed to you so i don't expect you to truly understand the concept of chritianity for i know you never opened your gift from our Heavenly Father which is enternal life found in 1john5: 11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
God bless you.

Well I don't mean to rain on your beliefs Chale,
but the modern version of Christmas has very little to do with Christianity.

It actually comes from the Roman holiday of Saturnalia (a pagan holiday) where people exhanged gifts and the modern version was created in Germany.

And before, in ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25 where people partied and exchanged gifts.

http://www.holidays.net/christmas/story.htm

There is nothing in the Bible saying that Jesus was born on December 25th. That date was chosen by the Roman Empire to coincide with the winter solstice pagan holiday (the shortest daylight day of the year).

This is the date when the Sun "dies" and will "resurrect" in the later year.

Plus, there is much paganism in modern Christmas:

the Christmas tree

the mistletoe

the egg nog (pagan fertility/rebirth symbol = egg)

Christmas (Christ-Mass) as we know it today, most historians agree, began in Germany. It did not come to the United States until the late 1700's by Dutch immigrants and it wasn't made a national holiday until 1856.
Old 02-23-2005
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Tec... good thread. good rosary too.

Anahuac... much respect.

this thread is very informative esp anahuacs...

its funny how some christians get all rambunctious when people have "other" beliefs.

yall keep spreading the light that Ometeotl is blessing all of us with.

Peace

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 02-23-2005
The one and only
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead chalebrown
i am sure you celebrate christmas look at this way when you were a child a gift was placed under the tree
Not sure if you know, but when you were a kid, you were made to do things. We all were spanked in some way as kids doesn't mean we all believe it's right. Also, you're too damn materialistic. Last time I checked, Christmas wasn't about gifts.

I understand Christianity bc I was born a Catholic. I was baptised, first commUNI0N, but not confirmation (my parents believed we should decide if we should do that on our own time. They never forced us like I see parents do with their kids now.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomnow
Tec... good thread. good rosary too.
Thanks. I'm hoping to sell them. No luck yet.

Old 02-23-2005
Travieso

oh i know how christmas was formed and of course no one knows the date as to christs birthdate but that was not my point and to some of you who think i am trying to attack one's belief is obsurd all i asked was to be explained their belief. as to the christmas tree it is in the old testament where they worshipped the tree and yes it was the pagans in the bible and as for getting spanked yeah we all did if we did not follow the rules our parents put forth for us so discipline was appropriate of course one would not like the spanking. well you all say that i attack but you will find that the other two are attacking saying this and that about the Christian God but it was not God it was the romans. and since you all know your history then you know that constatine formed the roman catholic church right before the colasped of the empire but i am not here to judge the difference in religion or denomination i just tell you what i believe and that is that Jesus died for all of us on the cross either you believe or you don't simple. i still would like to hear you alls reason as to why you believe in ome......i'll get back to you all later God Bless you all.
Old 02-23-2005
deletedAccount

Why start a thread? Christianity is a global cult, you're not going to change their mind.
Old 02-24-2005
Gunner

Well thank you for your input chalebrown but I think you are a little late for me since I was raised Roman Catholic and my father is in the Pentacostal Church where they speak in tongues and oh yeah have you noticed that I never seem to use any punctuation in any of my sentences here well that is because I noticed that you never use any in your sentences and and it makes it really hard to read your points when they keep going on and on forever without any punctuation or any sort of ending but I also want to say that there is a thread here in the Religion section called "The Anahuac Creed" where I made a statement about what I "believe" and you can look it up for yourself if of course you have gotten this far in my message because by now you may have lost interest in a message that does not ever use a period or some kind of ending where one idea ends and another begins oh well I guess you'll just have to look through the other threads on this Religion section for more information otherwise I will have to answer your specific questions and by the way I can't stand it when people write like this because they totally lose their audience who cannot read a sentence that is a mile long because people need to pause and see some kind of coherence and digestible sequence of statements unlike what I am oing right now which is just becoming rambling and unending chatter...

WHEW!!!!

Quote:
oh i know how christmas was formed and of course no one knows the date as to christs birthdate but that was not my point and to some of you who think i am trying to attack one's belief is obsurd all i asked was to be explained their belief. as to the christmas tree it is in the old testament where they worshipped the tree and yes it was the pagans in the bible and as for getting spanked yeah we all did if we did not follow the rules our parents put forth for us so discipline was appropriate of course one would not like the spanking. well you all say that i attack but you will find that the other two are attacking saying this and that about the Christian God but it was not God it was the romans. and since you all know your history then you know that constatine formed the roman catholic church right before the colasped of the empire but i am not here to judge the difference in religion or denomination i just tell you what i believe and that is that Jesus died for all of us on the cross either you believe or you don't simple. i still would like to hear you alls reason as to why you believe in ome......i'll get back to you all later God Bless you all.