Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > General Relationship Talk

General Relationship Talk Pretty much anything that cant be put into one of the relationship forums.

Old 4 Days Ago
Fresh Meat!

Default Wife wants me to pay for cousin's school fees.

Hi. Iím married to my wife for about a year now. She is from the Philippines and I met her through Filipina bride tours. Sheís a very nice woman, indeed. She takes care of me very well and she doesnít spend much for herself. However, there is one thing that is bothering me. She asked me to pay for her cousinís school fees. She says in their culture, they have to help their family members when theyíre in a bad place. So now sheís asking me to pay for the fees. In America, we donít do this. We pay for our own selves and not for extended families. What should I do? Iím willing to pay for the fees but I donít want them to depend on us for their expenses. Please help.
Old 2 Days Ago
Veterano

Default Re: Wife wants me to pay for cousin's school fees.

If you live in the United States then you adopt their customs and that’s what your wife needs to learn. Otherwise you are going to be paying much more than this.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Tags
advice