Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Beauty

General Beauty An area to discuss beauty topics.

Old 07-31-2015
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero
Default Is it wrong to buy a girl lip gloss?

I was at a car show, and I like this girl that was working there, she was selling make up, so I bought lip gloss from her for another girl I'm seeing. Is that wrong?

Something to bring up is that the girl I bought the lipgloss for bought makeup after and showed me it to ask for my opinion. I don't know shit about makeup, but if a guy bought you lipgloss, would you take it as pressure to step your makeup game up?

All if a sudden I feel like I'm supposed to be a makeup guru cuz I bought lipgloss, and that's what the girl I bought it from recommended me buying.

What a weird topic.

Last edited by Lamberto Quintero; 07-31-2015 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-31-2015
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: Is it wrong to buy a girl lip gloss?

I usually avoid that entirely even though I could use my sister to help me buy makeup for a girl.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 07-31-2015
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
I was at a car show, and I like this girl that was working there, she was selling make up, so I bought lip gloss from her for another girl I'm seeing. Is that wrong?

Something to bring up is that the girl I bought the lipgloss for bought makeup after and showed me it to ask for my opinion. I don't know shit about makeup, but if a guy bought you lipgloss, would you take it as pressure to step your makeup game up?
Only do it if: 1. You're Gay.. or if 2. You know her very well.

I guess this will depend on the girl. It would be 50/50 for me. I'd think it was a cute gesture the first time but don't do it on the regular.

First off, you don't know if the girl like the color, or if she uses that line of product. You don't know if she has allergies to the product itself.. SO many things to consider.

The hubby bought me a whole set of make-up one X-mas, which I love!! But, he did take my comadre with him and she knows her shit..so it worked out for him in that case. FYI - He's never bought me some before or after that occasion.

As for your second question, fk no!! What do guys know about make up anyways?!

Half the time when I ask the hubby if my make up looks good before we go out, this is what he comes back with "IDK, is that the look you were going for..". No te digo!

You make my heart flutter, like wings of a hummingbird. With you, my soul flies... <3
Old 08-01-2015
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

risk/benefit

the risk of getting the wrong thing(things btown pointed out, allergy, something she don't like, etc) far exceeds the possible benefits. being told it was "cute" or "thoughtful" is not really a benefit imho. Mainly because there are plenty of other ways to get the kind of praise with far less risks, lol

however do know your audience...if you think it's super important for her, for you to do stuff like that and you know what you are doing, done your research, etc, by all means I'd say go for it.

None of the women I've dated would be into that kind of thing so personally I'd never do it. Id only consider it if it's someone very close to me and I know it's important for her. In which case, I'd make sure to bring along an expert, lol. don't have the time and/or interest to do the research myself and become an expert...that shit is gay, lol

Quote:
totally glanced over the wording here...the only reason you bought the thing was because you were attracted to the chick that sold it to you? It's not wrong in the sense you dig the other girl, but I am sure the girl you bought the lipgloss for, will probably have a problem with that...best to keep that detail out of your story, and hopefully she doesn't ask why you did it. if she does, hopefully you are a good liar, lol

did you at least get the makeup chick's number?

Last edited by SJ; 08-01-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2015
Maestro

The make up chicks number is actually married and I'm a funny motherfucker after several IPA's. The girl I bought the make up for liked the lipgloss so that's good.
Old 08-05-2015
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Quote:
The make up chicks number is actually married and I'm a funny motherfucker after several IPA's. The girl I bought the make up for liked the lipgloss so that's good.
Only by chance (luck) did everything went fine.

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 08-05-2015
Maestro

Yep, that was my first and last purchase of makeup for the rest of my life. Unless I see Salma Hayek selling it at the flea market...
Old 08-05-2015
Veterano

I buy eyeliner for the occasions I wanna hide the grey hair in my beard .

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 08-12-2015
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl View Post
Only by chance (luck) did everything went fine.
yep, things could have gone wrong really quickly lol