Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Entertainment > Sports Board

Sports Board Anything and everything that deals with Sports.

Old 06-05-2014
Veterano

Default California Chrome

Its a great story if you haven't heard. California Chrome is like a Rocky story, if Rocky were a race horse.
He won the prestigious Kentucky Derby in May, the Preakness a few weeks ago and is now vying for the Belmont Stakes this weekend. If he wins, he'll be the first horse to win it since 1978. And the first ever California bred horse to do so.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 06-06-2014
Director

Default Re: California Chrome

I already set my dvr to record it. As well as the women's French Open final... buenas caderas everywhere
Old 06-06-2014
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

I'd like to French open Anna Kournikova
Old 06-06-2014
Director

Well she aint playing... so Maria Sharapova will have to do... plus she's a screamer

on that note... this thread could use some pictures on the subject matter

Last edited by CaliPac; 06-06-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-06-2014
Veterano

California Chrome is the front page of the Los Angeles Times today. I'll be watching from Santa Anita and betting on it for sure. Just have to make my pics for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Calipac, i don't know if you ever have but if you get a chance take your kids to a horse race. That shit is fun. And its not expensive. You can bet on races for as little as 10 cents. I won 50 bucks on a ten cent bet the first time I went to Los alamitos.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 06-06-2014
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

That's a good looking stallion calipac. I got the feeling she's like 6'6 though lol...skying over my beaner ass
Old 06-06-2014
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
California Chrome is the front page of the Los Angeles Times today. I'll be watching from Santa Anita and betting on it for sure. Just have to make my pics for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Calipac, i don't know if you ever have but if you get a chance take your kids to a horse race. That shit is fun. And its not expensive. You can bet on races for as little as 10 cents. I won 50 bucks on a ten cent bet the first time I went to Los alamitos.
Never considered it... but sounds like it'd be interesting. Los Alamitos is practically down the street.

I remember my dad taking me to bet on Jai alai out in Tijuana when I was young... pretty fun gambling w/pops lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
That's a good looking stallion calipac. I got the feeling she's like 6'6 though lol...skying over my beaner ass
I just looked it up... and dam... she's 6'2"... it's all good... todo lo bueno esta mas 'bajito.
Old 06-06-2014
Veterano

Los alamitos is definately close but they race at night and since i've only been there once I can't say how kid friendly the place is. When I go to Santa Anita in the daytime, there are a lot of families there with kids and they have jumpers and shit set up there for them. I never went to a horse race growing up or even considered it being something I'd enjoy; until this past year. Nothing like seeing a long shot you have a few bucks on, coming around the final stretch.

Old 06-07-2014
Veterano

fucken CC ended up coming in a tie for 4th. I would have lost a lot of money if I hadnt bet on Commissioner to 'place' (that means 2nd place in horse racing). I was more dissapointed about not seeing a Triple Crown victory than the 50 or so bucks I would have lost.

Old 06-09-2014
Director

Yea... I was hoping to see it as well. Did you see the emphatic owner calling out the race game about fresh horses running only 1 or 2 of the triple crown races to play spoiler? Calling it the cowards way out... dude was mad... but he does have a point.
Old 06-09-2014
Veterano

I read the quote where he says that. If I wasnt such a greenhorn, I would have bet on those two to finish first and second (as they won in that same order in a recent stakes race called The Peter Pan). I guess that why its been so long since there's been a Triple Crown winner. Being fresh really does make a huge difference.