Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > Rants & Raves

Rants & Raves Got something to rant about. Post about it here.

Old 04-17-2013
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: I want to know what men are made of

I feel picked on

Old 04-17-2013
Veterano

take it like a man?

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 04-17-2013
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_

Old 04-17-2013
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Old 04-17-2013
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

I think it's funny when people pick out a few exceptions they heard, read about, or their friend/family went through to disprove a general rule...

we live in a culture where women are targets of sexual violence.... b/c they have and continue to be undervalued... little girls and boys should be taught to value, respect, and treat each other as human beings... little boys, since they will grow up to be men... and a high percentage of accused, convicted, and rape perpetrators are men... need to learn to respect other folks' bodily integrity....

That shit doesn't seem too impractical to me either... this should be taught at schools, homes, communities... etc...

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 04-17-2013
Director

Ya fucking up the rotation Freedom!
Old 04-17-2013
Maestro

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomNow View Post
I think it's funny when people pick out a few exceptions they heard, read about, or their friend/family went through to disprove a general rule...

we live in a culture where women are targets of sexual violence.... b/c they have and continue to be undervalued... little girls and boys should be taught to value, respect, and treat each other as human beings... little boys, since they will grow up to be men... and a high percentage of accused, convicted, and rape perpetrators are men... need to learn to respect other folks' bodily integrity....

That shit doesn't seem too impractical to me either... this should be taught at schools, homes, communities... etc...
I knew I liked you (:

Old 04-17-2013
Travieso

That still doesn't mean women are going to not get picked on for various criminal acts.
By the time there is a complete change were we see women as equals and maybe to such extent we'll become an Matriarch society we and probably our grandchildren are going to be long dead.

So yeah learn martial arts or learn how to use a fire arm (properly) and you'll be on your way for no weak ass nukkah to fuck with you.
Old 04-18-2013
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Lol. Of course no one here, I think especially Kool arrow and chavela expressed, the call for practicality and pragmatic strategizing for women.... Ie. b weary of urself and have some skills that will help defend oneself. But in doing that there also needs to b other efforts to make it where, I don't fucking know, violence against women, sexual in particular, should not b commonplace or received w "that's just the way it is," attitudes...

My nickel

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

Old 04-18-2013
Travieso

That's the way it is because that's the way it is. I don't like it
Old 04-18-2013
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliPac View Post
Ya fucking up the rotation Freedom!
I just saw this... lol... Wuttup my ninja? U gotta lemme know where u got them Cali shirts pressed... I hate wearing them printed shirts on some walk ass T... gotta stay true to my pro clubs to not get that bacon neck... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmStabnandez View Post
That's the way it is because that's the way it is. I don't like it
lol... this is not a personal attack on u or nothing.. but that's a bitch ass way to look at shit...

again... i mean no personal diss... just that defeatist ass attitude is whack.

Old 04-18-2013
Travieso

Quote:
I just saw this... lol... Wuttup my ninja? U gotta lemme know where u got them Cali shirts pressed... I hate wearing them printed shirts on some walk ass T... gotta stay true to my pro clubs to not get that bacon neck... lol.

lol... this is not a personal attack on u or nothing.. but that's a bitch ass way to look at shit...

No offense taken and I'm not a defeatist, i told my sisters, i am going to teach my nephews and nice to take care of themselves and change that stupid mentality. Hopefully that will start a good circle of change
Old 04-18-2013
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Good shit...

Old 04-18-2013
Veterano

Quote:

First off, Stabnadez or whatever his name is, is a bitch.
However, saying this is awful and we need to do something to change this does as much to change it as saying thats "just the way it is".

I think prison rape is terrible as well, but that shit still happens and you have to take certain steps to make sure you're not a victim (should one ever end up in prison).

what we can do to change mens attitude towards women, is not the topc of discussion here.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 04-18-2013
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

i gave some concrete ways people can change that kinda climate... the original post was referring to family and cultural shit... but all that don't exist in a vacuum... it's all related to this whole "maybe women shouldn't be out by themselves b/c the wolves r out."

Old 04-18-2013
Veterano

I didnt see it. I just read some stuff about teaching respect, value,etc. Nothing too specific.

When I was in 7th grade, I remember my teacher Mr Beecher told us boys (me in particular) that slapping girls on the ass and snapping their bras was inappropriate. A couple years later, he got busted for banging one of his students. What a douche

Old 04-18-2013
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Old 04-19-2013
♥ =) ♥
Maestro

My dad doesn't want me moving out until I'm married .

With that said. The wedding's next summer. You are all invited.

Last edited by Nina; 04-19-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2013
Director

Quote:
Ha, some spot in Buena Park off Knott & the 91. You pick the garment quality you want, the press is only 2-3 bucks on top.
Old 05-06-2013
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

That's dope...

Imma have to get the name of this joint...

Old 05-06-2013
Mocoso

Lightbulb Re: I want to know what men are made of

In response to the initial question, the stereotype of women as weaker than men is a myth dating into antiquity in several parts of the world. Yet as men were often at war, women were left with the responsibility of doing the hard labor that the men were no longer there to perform. Women have an unacknowledged history of performing some pretty darn hard labor. This culture promotes sun dresses, soft skin and anorexic bodies but women have consistently proven they have the capacity to physically excel.

A great example of this is earlier this year. The Obama administration and the Pentagon passed a desicion to undo centuries of military tradition and begin allowing women to serve in the infantry. This is a particularly strenuous and dangerous role in military combat. It says alot about the capability and dedication of women.

I respect the desicion to allow women on the front lines. They were already doing other jobs that were putting them in the line of fire and having shoulder propelled rockets getting fired at them. Due to the injuries women have sustained while serving in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars I feel the old stereotype of men as superior and women as fragile weaklings should be laid to rest.

You can read about the White House/Pentagon's desicion to make history by allowing women to serve in direct combat here:

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/...-for-men-video
Dont assume that when people speak of the sacrifices they've made that they are speaking of self sacrifice. The wolves here are disguised as sheep and the sheep are framed and slaughtered by the wolves.
Old 05-06-2013
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMAINING STRONG View Post
In response to the initial question, the stereotype of women as weaker than men is a myth dating into antiquity in several parts of the world. Yet as men were often at war, women were left with the responsibility of doing the hard labor that the men were no longer there to perform. Women have an unacknowledged history of performing some pretty darn hard labor. This culture promotes sun dresses, soft skin and anorexic bodies but women have consistently proven they have the capacity to physically excel.

A great example of this is earlier this year. The Obama administration and the Pentagon passed a desicion to undo centuries of military tradition and begin allowing women to serve in the infantry. This is a particularly strenuous and dangerous role in military combat. It says alot about the capability and dedication of women.

I respect the desicion to allow women on the front lines. They were already doing other jobs that were putting them in the line of fire and having shoulder propelled rockets getting fired at them. Due to the injuries women have sustained while serving in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars I feel the old stereotype of men as superior and women as fragile weaklings should be laid to rest.

You can read about the White House/Pentagon's desicion to make history by allowing women to serve in direct combat here:

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/...-for-men-video
I am glad that women are now allowed to serve in infantry if they so choose. I think that that is great progress, it just sucks that it has to be a man to allow this decision, I hate that it is a man granting us this privilege.

Old 05-06-2013
Travieso

stupid
Old 05-07-2013
Director

Ain't no pleasing this girl, lol.
Old 05-07-2013
Veterano