Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > Rants & Raves

Rants & Raves Got something to rant about. Post about it here.

Old 02-20-2013
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan
Default The Chones Rant / Official Thread

Good Morning Ladies and Germs,

I have had this burning in my brain for some time now and of course no SC.com to post my rant on.

So now that we're back.. I have to let it out.

This will be my rant and then an ongoing (potentially) thread about chones where you can post your thoughts, gripes, likes, dislikes, preferences, good brands not so good brands and pretty much anything related to chones, socks or any other under garments of your choosing guys or gals are all welcome.

First my rant..

I have to first establish that I do not like to spend money on things like clothes and shoes unless necessary and I am a bargain shopper for most things unless it comes to chones and undershirts. And for those I don't mind spending a little more money on to get the brands that I like in order to be comfortable and so they last me a while.

Usually I do a semi annual inventory of my chones and sock drawers to toss out the ones those that have seen better days and depending on what's left over to see if it's time to go shopping for new chones.

Last month was a little different as I didn't need to go chones shopping but was going on vacation and thought a new set of drawers and wife beaters would be nice. So off to JCPenney's I go.

For years I have shopped at JCPenney's for my chones. Partly because that's where I have always gone since I was a little kid and Mom was buying my chones for me (Sometimes on Xmas I still get undershirts from her). Partly because they have (had) a good selection of sizes, styles, their in store brands were of good quality and they were reasonably priced.

I may have to find a new place for chones.

I have to say that a JCPenney's rant is also in order, but I won't do that here save to say that they may have lost a customer from my most recent experiences at their store.

Let's start with brand.
I usually stick with Hanes for my boxers and boxer briefs as well as Penney's Stafford Brand. Penney's used to have a line they called Townecraft that was durable, (I still have Townecraft undershirts that are close to ten years old that still look new and are as comfortable as the day I pulled them from their package) comfortable and most important NEVER shrank. They have since killed that line and replaced it with Stafford which is similar, but the Undershirts are no where near the quality as I have some that came unsewn from the bottom within weeks.

Second.. Price

One of the advantages of being a guy is that your underwear was cheaper than women's. You could walk into a Penney's buy 2 4 packs of Underwears a couple of packages of undershirts 3 to a package and a pack of 6 pair of socks for under $40 Easy.

When the hell did they start making chones out of gold?

I bought a Pack of Hanes Boxer Briefs (3 count) a Pack of Stafford Boxers (3 Count) A 3 Count Pack of Stafford Wife Beaters and a 4 Count Pack of V-Neck Tshirts .. Cost me close to $70 dollars ..

WTF?

I compared prices to similar brands at Macy's Dilards Kohl's Target Wally World and they would have run me roughly the same..

And Socks? Forget it those bastards are getting stupid in price too..

Third, comfort...

The shirts were fine the chones..?

The boxers were stiff in the crotch and tight and inflexible at the thigh..
The Boxerbriefs were baggy and loose like regular boxers...

The em effers changed their chones... I hate that.. now I'm going to have to start looking at different pinche underwear because I can't trust that when I buy a pair of them that I know what I'm buying.. It's a total crapshoot from here as I have been buying the same damn things for years and when I stray from what I know it usually means a pair of underwear or u-shirts that I end up throwing away because they shrank weren't comfortable or were simply crap and shittily made.

I am sitting here typing this in a pair of underwear that has me adjusting myself every 10-15 minutes because they have either ridden up my leg.. are binding in my crotch .. have made their way into my ass crack or some combination of.

Damn it..

Nothing worse than an ill fitting pair of chones..

So there it is.. My chones rant...

Anyone else have similar issues?

Anyone suggest a good brand or a place to buy for reasonable prices?

So off we go please feel free to post yuour on Chones rant or discuss anything chones related.. Especially the girlies.. I wonder if you guys have similar issues ..

Al Rato

Dan

PS: As I write this I get a text from Penneys.. Save 25% off men's socks and underwear.. Day late and a Dollar short mother fuckers....

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan

Last edited by ChicanoDan; 02-20-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-20-2013
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: The Chones Rant / Official Thread

You must not have bought in a while if your barely noticing it. As far as boxer briefs(which is what i buy), I have found these to be the best:

Usually i wait til i see them semi on sale or at least 4 pk and get one extra, those type of specials. Usually 13 bucks.

I havent bought under nt-shirts in a while, but have bought wife beaters and i have found Fruit of the Loom color beaters to be better. Again, i usually go to walmart or target for these, usually run cheaper.
Old 02-20-2013
Maestro

It's been about six months since I bought Boxer briefs an a year since I bought the Staffords..

You may want to check the Hanes if you haven't bought them recently.. they have changed since i last bought them..

I don't do FOL Undershirts because they shrink.. I hate an undershirt that doesn;t stay tucked

― chicanodan
Old 02-20-2013
Presidente

The beaters i have gotten havent shrunk yet and i have had them for almost 6 months now.

Hmm, it has been at least 6 months to a yr since i bought the chones though.
Old 02-20-2013
Maestro

Yeah it's usually the beaters I have issues with.. I would say skip the FOL's and look into the JCPenney Stafford brand.. but as you see they have let me down lately and I can no longer vouch for their previous awesomeness.

― chicanodan
Old 02-20-2013
Chicle

I so thought this was a Cornelio rant!
Old 02-20-2013
Presidente

If the first batch of FOL failed me i would have moved on. But they have held up, even after a few times in the dryer.

I do like Strafford brand. I used to get their Strafford pocket tee's for work, but they have kind been getting longer in length and dont sit to well like they used to. Their sleeping shorts are comfortable as hell.
Old 02-20-2013
Maestro

Most of Penney's store brands have been hit or miss lately.. I used to love their dress shirts but they've been kinda flaky on the Quality control as of late.

If it's been that long since you last bought the Hanes Boxer Briefs you may want to look into a new package.. I'm telling you they don't fit the same any more...

― chicanodan
Old 02-20-2013
Presidente

Well when someo f the ones i have start wearing out more, i will look into the new ones. Probably wait til next school yr when the 5 pack sale comes up, ha.
Old 02-20-2013
Maestro

Speaking of cheap bastards!

― chicanodan
Old 02-20-2013
Presidente

My shit, no pun intended, isn't holy!
Old 02-21-2013
Maestro

Yeah I'm a cheap ass when it comes to certain things too..

I was gonna say no shit but we know that doesn't apply to your skidmarked drawers..

― chicanodan
Old 02-21-2013
Maestro

I'd say this was a crazy, weird thread...but...I understand the importance of well fitting undergarments.
Old 02-21-2013
Maestro

See I would imagine that it would be a very Unisex thread..

Everyone can relate to having to pay too much for chones only to find that they aren;t comfy or shrink or get ruined the first time you wash them...

― chicanodan
Old 02-21-2013
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Some goddamn cheap bastards. All of you.
Old 02-21-2013
Maestro

Yes! *waves fist in the air* All of YOU!

I don't have a problem with paying, or even at times, overpaying for some nice undergarments...what chaps my hide is, if I'm going to dish out the cash, it better fit right.
Old 02-22-2013
Maestro

Exactly!

And that's why I usually stick to the same brands because thaey are supposed to be consistent and fit like they did before.. That's why I hate when they change the cut or material ..

― chicanodan
Old 02-22-2013
Chicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicanoDan View Post
Exactly!

And that's why I usually stick to the same brands because thaey are supposed to be consistent and fit like they did before.. That's why I hate when they change the cut or material ..
That's the thing with everything, not just chones. I hate when they make a product "New Improved" and ruin it. Or when I buy a style of shoe in every color and they fit differently.

Old 02-22-2013
Maestro

But at the very least you can try most things on.. You can't try on Chones.. and if you could.. I don;t even wanna go there

― chicanodan
Old 02-22-2013
Presidente