Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy

Pregnancy Discussions with others who are pregnant or planning on a pregnancy about issues such as what to expect and what to do. Pregnancy resources and information.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2013
Tlanelolli's Avatar
Tlanelolli Tlanelolli is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: El Sereno
Posts: 166
Default Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Alright a friend of mine lost her virginity I think a week or two ago, well kinda, by her count the sex only lasted a little bit because her vagina started bleeding A LOT and it freaked them out, and now she missed her period and she's very concerned, doesn't have a lot of girlfriends to talk about this with so I told her I'll do this, her boyfriend said he didn't cum in her but she saw some pre cum and we hear that can get girls pregnant, and he's not responding so far now that she's asking, another thing worth pointing out is that she's going through medical treatment for kidney rejection, has to take steroids and all that

I know sometimes girls just miss their periods but we're very concerned with the possibility and it would mean the world to her to get some answers, she thinks it is too early for a pregnancy test, I don't know if it is, this could all be some stupid coincidence but still I want her mind at ease, told her to tell her doctors when she sees them, understandably she doesn't want to ask her mom

Any advice from the soy community
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2013
Cal's Avatar
Cal Cal is offline
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marland
Posts: 8,513
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

GOd I wish I could neg rep you right now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2013
Tlanelolli's Avatar
Tlanelolli Tlanelolli is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: El Sereno
Posts: 166
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
GOd I wish I could neg rep you right now.
TMI?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2013
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

I am amazed at the lack of sexual information available.

Simple: If it has been enough time that she missed her period than it is safe to take a pregnancy test.
There is always a risk for pregnancy with unprotected sex, and you can get pregnant even if it was your first time.
Medicine and things like that can possibly influence your period, but if she has been taking them and has been regular while taking them, then I would be concerned.
Just take a test.
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2013
Tlanelolli's Avatar
Tlanelolli Tlanelolli is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: El Sereno
Posts: 166
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
I am amazed at the lack of sexual information available.

Simple: If it has been enough time that she missed her period than it is safe to take a pregnancy test.
There is always a risk for pregnancy with unprotected sex, and you can get pregnant even if it was your first time.
Medicine and things like that can possibly influence your period, but if she has been taking them and has been regular while taking them, then I would be concerned.
Just take a test.
I wasn't there and from what I heard isn't much to tell, short unsatisfyiong, I didn't bone her

Yeah she'll get her hands on one, if she does she needs to abort she's not healthy enough
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-02-2013
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlanelolli View Post
I wasn't there and from what I heard isn't much to tell, short unsatisfyiong, I didn't bone her

Yeah she'll get her hands on one, if she does she needs to abort she's not healthy enough
I know that you are her friend and not the one to 'bone' her.
And well I made the comment about sex information because at my internship I am in charge of writing a sex curriculum, so although I shouldn't be surprised, I am every time I realize how much our country's sex education sucks.
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-02-2013
Tlanelolli's Avatar
Tlanelolli Tlanelolli is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: El Sereno
Posts: 166
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
I know that you are her friend and not the one to 'bone' her.
And well I made the comment about sex information because at my internship I am in charge of writing a sex curriculum, so although I shouldn't be surprised, I am every time I realize how much our country's sex education sucks.
Her bf didn't know how to put on a condom
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-02-2013
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlanelolli View Post
Her bf didn't know how to put on a condom
I cringe as I hear that.
It's not that difficult, and the condoms come with instructions.

Sadly Texas law won't let us take condoms and bananas (or dildos, or other fruit for that matter) to classes. I don't know about California, but judging by that comment, doesn't seem to be any better.

If you or she has any deeper questions that you don't want to ask in public feel free to PM, if I do not know the answer I will research it from a reliable source, since it is part of my assignment anyway.
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-02-2013
just tru's Avatar
just tru just tru is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Guess......
Posts: 3,915
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

I'm not posting this to be mean or judgmental, but if your friend is dealing with kidney rejection, she really needs not be concerned with having sex.

If she's too weak and sick to carry and care for a baby, then she needs to focus on her health and not her sex life. It'd be a shame if she is pregnant and would have to abort, because she and her boyfriend are young a too irresponsible to learn how to put a simple condom on.

If you want to be a good friend then maybe that's what you need to tell her.

I hope she's not pregnant and I really hope she gets well.
__________________
One day, my tomorrow will be forever...and in the end, I'll just become a faded memory.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-02-2013
Tlanelolli's Avatar
Tlanelolli Tlanelolli is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: El Sereno
Posts: 166
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
I cringe as I hear that.
It's not that difficult, and the condoms come with instructions.

Sadly Texas law won't let us take condoms and bananas (or dildos, or other fruit for that matter) to classes. I don't know about California, but judging by that comment, doesn't seem to be any better.

If you or she has any deeper questions that you don't want to ask in public feel free to PM, if I do not know the answer I will research it from a reliable source, since it is part of my assignment anyway.
8th grade sex ed we just watched Stand And Deliver instead, it was the end of the year by the time we got to it, teacher didn't wanna bother,we were all out of it, I don't know about her boyfriend's school, I do know his mom is overprotective so she might not have let him take sex ed

California allows it but our schools suck
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-02-2013
Tlanelolli's Avatar
Tlanelolli Tlanelolli is offline
Mocoso
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: El Sereno
Posts: 166
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by just tru View Post
I'm not posting this to be mean or judgmental, but if your friend is dealing with kidney rejection, she really needs not be concerned with having sex.

If she's too weak and sick to carry and care for a baby, then she needs to focus on her health and not her sex life. It'd be a shame if she is pregnant and would have to abort, because she and her boyfriend are young a too irresponsible to learn how to put a simple condom on.

If you want to be a good friend then maybe that's what you need to tell her.

I hope she's not pregnant and I really hope she gets well.
She just wanted to try it I guess, probably not doing that shit again for a while, bad experience

She really is not irresponsible but in youth we all have our moments, I hope she gets better too, not a single prayer I've made in the last year that she's not in
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-02-2013
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by just tru View Post
I'm not posting this to be mean or judgmental, but if your friend is dealing with kidney rejection, she really needs not be concerned with having sex.
What the hell does being sick and having sex have anything to do with anything? Sicks people shouldnt get it on?
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-02-2013
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlanelolli View Post
8th grade sex ed we just watched Stand And Deliver instead, it was the end of the year by the time we got to it, teacher didn't wanna bother,we were all out of it, I don't know about her boyfriend's school, I do know his mom is overprotective so she might not have let him take sex ed

California allows it but our schools suck
In the age of the internet, theres really no need for someone to have to wait to learn about sex from school. For christ sake, log onto youporn like a normal teenager!
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-02-2013
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by just tru View Post
I'm not posting this to be mean or judgmental, but if your friend is dealing with kidney rejection, she really needs not be concerned with having sex.

If she's too weak and sick to carry and care for a baby, then she needs to focus on her health and not her sex life. It'd be a shame if she is pregnant and would have to abort, because she and her boyfriend are young a too irresponsible to learn how to put a simple condom on.

If you want to be a good friend then maybe that's what you need to tell her.

I hope she's not pregnant and I really hope she gets well.
I could see your point. If she were experiencing VAGINAL failure
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-03-2013
Nelio's Avatar
Nelio Nelio is offline
Presidente
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,152
Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

How old are these friends anyways? And if they dont know, but you do, you should help them get educated on safe sex. Like Koolarrow said, you can find all ya need on the internet. There are also instructions in the condom box......
__________________
“When history calls your name, how will you answer?"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-03-2013
GrimmStabnandez's Avatar
GrimmStabnandez GrimmStabnandez is offline
Travieso
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
GOd I wish I could neg rep you right now.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-03-2013
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
In the age of the internet, theres really no need for someone to have to wait to learn about sex from school. For christ sake, log onto youporn like a normal teenager!
While it is true that the internet can be a good source of information, not everyone has access to internet at home, I know a lot of the kids I have worked with do no own computers at home. And well looking things up at school and the library is sometimes not an option since they may feel embarrassed if someone looks over etc.,
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-03-2013
GrimmStabnandez's Avatar
GrimmStabnandez GrimmStabnandez is offline
Travieso
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

If you can't figure out how to put a condom on then natural selection must be telling you not to have any kids or sex for that matter.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-03-2013
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
While it is true that the internet can be a good source of information, not everyone has access to internet at home, I know a lot of the kids I have worked with do no own computers at home. And well looking things up at school and the library is sometimes not an option since they may feel embarrassed if someone looks over etc.,
Most cell phones have internet access and The library still carries books on the subject. I guess kids need to weigh the embarrassment of being seen researching sex education info versus the embarassment of herpes or being a teen mom.
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-04-2013
nina_bonita's Avatar
nina_bonita nina_bonita is offline
Director
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FLA!!
Posts: 5,491
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Lol...
__________________
You can't tame a wild rose
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-04-2013
just tru's Avatar
just tru just tru is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Guess......
Posts: 3,915
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelio View Post
What the hell does being sick and having sex have anything to do with anything? Sicks people shouldnt get it on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
I could see your point. If she were experiencing VAGINAL failure
What does being sick and having sex have to do with anything? It was pointed out in the original post....so I commented on it, for the sake of being on topic of what was originally posted.

I'm not saying that she should rule out having sex just because she is sick, or any "sick person" should rule it out, but what I am saying, in this particular matter, is that her health and well being is far more important than experimenting with sex, if she's experiencing kidney failure. But of course, in the end, it's her decision alone, to do what she wants. If she feels up to it...then more power to her. But she should really find time to get educated about sex.

Again, to the OP, I can empathize with what she must be going through as far as her illness. And I hope she gets better soon, so that she can fully enjoy all that life has for her.
__________________
One day, my tomorrow will be forever...and in the end, I'll just become a faded memory.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-04-2013
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
Most cell phones have internet access and The library still carries books on the subject. I guess kids need to weigh the embarrassment of being seen researching sex education info versus the embarassment of herpes or being a teen mom.
Yeah I think that you are right and make a good point, yet our country has an extremely high teen pregnancy rate, and simply waiting for kids to educate themselves on the matter is not going to solve anything. We need an effective sexual education system for everyone, and it needs to come from the top down and not from the kids themselves.
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-04-2013
tecpaocelotl's Avatar
tecpaocelotl tecpaocelotl is offline
The one and only
Presidente
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 27,690
Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
Yeah I think that you are right and make a good point, yet our country has an extremely high teen pregnancy rate, and simply waiting for kids to educate themselves on the matter is not going to solve anything. We need an effective sexual education system for everyone, and it needs to come from the top down and not from the kids themselves.
I would say also to knock catholicism out of these kids too. I met many catholic girls in my teens who saw condoms as a sin (yes, they have tons of kids now.).

__________________
"Don't Demonstrate, Infiltrate! From within you can help those without." -Jorge Le Rand

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez

Last edited by tecpaocelotl; 02-04-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-04-2013
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _aztec_princess_ View Post
Yeah I think that you are right and make a good point, yet our country has an extremely high teen pregnancy rate, and simply waiting for kids to educate themselves on the matter is not going to solve anything. We need an effective sexual education system for everyone, and it needs to come from the top down and not from the kids themselves.
Is it high? (I really dont know the numbers or whats considered a "high" number).
I think kids (and I use the term loosely, these are really just young, underaged people we're talking about) do need to seek out education themselves. Like Mark Twain said about the only education there is, is self-education...or something like that.




Quote:
Originally Posted by tecpaocelotl View Post
I would say also to knock catholicism out of these kids too. I met many catholic girls in my teens who saw condoms as a sin (yes, they have tons of kids now.).
That too. Because most peoples sex education comes in the form of "Just say no". Which is just not very practical.
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-04-2013
_aztec_princess_'s Avatar
_aztec_princess_ _aztec_princess_ is offline
Maestro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,445
Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_
Default Re: Friend thinks she might be pregnant, HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow View Post
Is it high? (I really dont know the numbers or whats considered a "high" number).
I think kids (and I use the term loosely, these are really just young, underaged people we're talking about) do need to seek out education themselves. Like Mark Twain said about the only education there is, is self-education...or something like that.
Yes, it is high compared to other developed countries, like France, Sweden, United Kingdom, etc.
The current birth rate for 15-19 year olds is 34.2 per 1,000, may not seem like a lot, however, the great majority is ethnic and low-income women, which is alarming.
Source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nv...01.pdf#table06

Highlights:
- Unintended pregnancy rates are highest among poor and low-income women, women aged 18–24, cohabiting women and minority women
- The rate of unintended pregnancy among poor women (those with incomes at or below the federal poverty level) in 2006 was 132 per 1,000 women aged 15–44, more than five times the rate among women at the highest income level (24 per 1,000).
- The proportion of pregnancies that are unintended generally decreases as age increases. The highest unintended pregnancy rate in 2006 was among women aged 20–24 (107 per 1,000 women).[6]
Source: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/FB-Un...gnancy-US.html

Compared to other countries:
"Despite recent declines, the current level of births to adolescents continues to be much higher in the United States than in most other developed countries.1 Continued decreases in U.S. rates have only succeeded in moving the country's levels slightly closer to where those of most other developed countries were during the late 1990s.2 (By 2000, the teenage birthrate in the United States had declined to 49 per 1,000, as compared with late-1990s rates of 7-9 in Sweden and France, and 20-31 in Canada and Great Britain.)"
Source: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3324401.html
tables: http://www.guttmacher.org/tables/3324401t.html#t2
__________________
“If you want something you’ve never had,
you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are © copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.