Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Entertainment > Sports Board

Sports Board Anything and everything that deals with Sports.

Old 11-28-2010
Veterano

Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez

Thats a strong argument. At least I thought it was twice.

Bone Meter: 31

Shes a superfreak! Superfreak! Shes superfreaky...yeah!!!

'She put a spell on me!!"
Old 11-28-2010
Maestro

Send a message via AIM to Lamberto Quintero

It's debatable. What ISN'T debatable is that Marquez won more rounds than Pac, Pac just had those three knockdowns in the first fight and the knockdown in the second fight...
Old 11-28-2010
Veterano

It is debatable but I thought two of those knockdowns should have just made those rounds even.

Old 11-28-2010
Maestro

All I know is Pac doesn't wanna see JMM under 140.
Old 11-29-2010
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

he beasted katsidis.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 11-30-2010
Estudiante

A third fight would be good but at this stage I think pac would win.... EHP
Old 12-01-2010
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
Think he might be turning 38 next year, looking good still though. At 135, don't know anyone who can fuck with him...even Pac
eh , Pac doesnt want the fight. He wont fight Marquez unless Juan moves up and weighs 147lbs no less. So the catch weight king who makes everyone else come down in weight wont fight marquez unless he moves up in weight to the full 147lbs.

I would like to see the 3rd fight as well. Don't assume for any reason Marquez wouldn't be more of a threat this third fight. He knows Manny like he knows the taste of his own piss. Plus Manny has been facing flat footed no boxing skills "Bigger" humaniods lol don't mean to piss off the Manny fans but margs, clotty, have no boxing ability. Cotto has decent boxing skills but Cotto doesnt even posses half the boxing skills as Juan. Manny is much stronger these days however he still punches wildly and gets hit a lot, especially from non-technical skilled boxers "brawlers."

ya feel me?Also to anyone, Please don't bring up PBF! We can never have a discussion about Manny and his opponents without someone comparing PBF.

Last edited by LA-Native; 12-01-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2010
Maestro

LOL@ he knows manny like the taste of his piss.

And the "catch-weight king" would follow in PBF's footsteps if he made JMM move up in weight, though I bet Manny would actually make the weight...
Old 12-01-2010
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Native View Post
eh , Pac doesnt want the fight. He wont fight Marquez unless Juan moves up and weighs 147lbs no less. So the catch weight king who makes everyone else come down in weight wont fight marquez unless he moves up in weight to the full 147lbs.

I would like to see the 3rd fight as well. Don't assume for any reason Marquez wouldn't be more of a threat this third fight. He knows Manny like he knows the taste of his own piss. Plus Manny has been facing flat footed no boxing skills "Bigger" humaniods lol don't mean to piss off the Manny fans but margs, clotty, have no boxing ability. Cotto has decent boxing skills but Cotto doesnt even posses half the boxing skills as Juan. Manny is much stronger these days however he still punches wildly and gets hit a lot, especially from non-technical skilled boxers "brawlers."

ya feel me?Also to anyone, Please don't bring up PBF! We can never have a discussion about Manny and his opponents without someone comparing PBF.
Very impressive. You actually made a point without sounding like a complete dolt! I agree. With the clottey and Margarito comment. Dont get me wrong Pacmeow is a very exceptional fighter. Has speed... has good power. Future hall of famer??? Of course! Legendary status??? Possibly! Top 5 ever?? No not in my book. Top 10?? Not in my opinion. Top 50??? Naw. Top 100??? Thats debatable.. and he could be. But I think they tend to hype him up and overrate him...... just a little bit. He looked awesome of course against who??? 4 BUMS IN MY OPINION!!! Margarito,Clottey,Hatton and yes even Miguel Cotto. All bums!!

Old 12-01-2010
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

lol @ not top 10 or 50...

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

Old 12-01-2010
Veterano

Why is that funny free??? I just threw that in there because this Manny fan at work has already christened him a legend and one of the greatest of alltime. After the Margarito fight he called me to brag about how Pacmeow is now in his top ten list of all-time.

Old 12-01-2010
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

It's not just your homie... it's a lot of boxing insiders and folks that have done that... he's earned a lot of that praise.

Old 12-01-2010
Veterano

Oh. I thought you laughed because you felt he was top 10 all-time.

Old 12-01-2010
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

I do feel that.

The critique of Pacman's opponents is funny to me. It's not his fault that his competition is slow-a-foot. He's been taking on all his contemporaries. Since he's been hot shit in the sport he's been fighting some of the biggest names and as of the last few years on the biggest stages and he's shone in all those fights.

I feel it's analogous to how some folks critique the Chicago Bulls' dynasty in basketball b/c the teams around them didn't have the greatest players in the world or whatever the fuck they say... They beat all the teams in front of them for those 6 years that they won those championships in series.

Old 12-01-2010
Veterano

Well I wont argue the Bulls because honestly I dont watch much NBA. But as for boxing. I think I said I thought he was exceptional and a future hall of famer. But top 10??? No way. I think it would be fairly easy to name 10, 20 or even 50 fighters ranked higher than him all-time. 10 alone in every division Pacmeow has ever fought in. As for the competition he's fought? Your right its not his fault but it is unfortunate. I think it does work against him when you start to compare his era to champions of the past. I mean you cannot rank a fighter and dismiss looking at his opponents. That has to be taken into consideration. Yahoo sports had an article recently where they tried to compare him to Leonard by saying just like Leonard,...... Pacmeow has beaten all the best in his division, like Leonard did with Duran, Benitez, Hagler and Hearns. C'mon man have you seen any Hagler, Hearns, Benitez or Durans in Pacmoews division??? Thats an exaggeration in a desperate attempt to make a case.

Old 12-01-2010
Maestro

^I agree with you, I don't think he's top 10 of all time. Definitely top 50 though. People talk about Pac and PBF like they're top five best of all time, but AS LONG AS THEY DON'T FIGHT EACHOTHER, they don't belong in the "greatest of all time" discussion IMO...
Old 12-02-2010
Gunner

Pacman is definitely top 15 or top 20. Has great speed and very good power for the welterweight division. As for pacmans opponents, i never blamed him, i blame Bob Arum. Now he faces Mosely, but hey hes a lot bigger than him! what a sell! hahaha

@Demon , yo Cotto aint no Bum man! hahaha Although hes not a great technical skilled boxer, hes not a bum that cant box either. I would put my money on Cotto right now against recently named opponents "Chavez Jr, Vanes Mort., even against Paul Williams, after what i saw lol" But not against Martinez haha

As for all this Pacman / PBF nonsense, i am a boxing fan, the sport is bigger than those two divas.

Dude Froch actually impressed me with his boxing skills! of course he fought a clotty type shell boxer, that dont throw punches, in Arthur Abe. but he still looked good! Props.

Last edited by LA-Native; 12-02-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2010
Maestro

Abraham gave up man, even his trainer said he did and was pissed.

PW eats Cotto up in an easy decision IMO...

Pac hasn't done enough in the WW division IMO either, he's gotta fight the young up and comers like Williams to really say he dominated the division.
Old 12-02-2010
Veterano

Take a better look at Pacmeows record and you will see he first fought about 20 phillipian club fighters, Then beat a couple of mediocre american fighters. Then got knocked out by some chink....... I think. Beat an overrated Oscar Larios then had some great fights and great wins againt Marquez,Barrera and Morales. Nearly half his career is based on these 3 guys. Then beat a past his prime Delahoya and the other bums I mentioned earlier.

Old 12-03-2010
Gunner

Dec 11 will be a good night.

Maidana vs Khan. I think if Khan can box perfectly and run around without getting hit or tired, he wins on points. If not hes getting KO'd. I would be very shocked if Khan KO'd Maidana, VERY SHOCKED!

Ortiz vs Peterson - Should be a good fight though, Peterson went loco with Tim Bradley the full 12 , traded nonstop with him too. Lamont has balls, Ortiz is no Tim Bradley, should be interesting.
Old 12-03-2010
Maestro

^That should be a great card. Khan better be running, because my boy Marcos is gonna be head hunting the whole 12 rounds. I really hope Khan gets fucked up. Would be great if the top two KO's of the year were both handed out by Argentineans, that just sounds funny to me...

Ortiz should handle his business, but it's not gonna be an easy fight.
Old 12-05-2010
Veterano

LQ know your really reaching. Good card??? Maybe you will get a good fight. Since when does boxing put out a good card son???

Old 12-05-2010
Maestro

^LOL...

Hey man, I gotta get excited for just about any good fight in boxing lately. It's been shitty, you're right...
Old 12-05-2010
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamberto Quintero View Post
^LOL...

Hey man, I gotta get excited for just about any good fight in boxing lately. It's been shitty, you're right...
My bad... your right. I shouldnt be knocking the sweet science so much. Its just that it hasnt been so sweet to me. As far as Im concerned someone owes me about 10 grand for all the shitty pay per views Ive bought over the last 15 years. You did sound like Max kellerman for a minute though. That dude is single handedly trying to revive boxing with his endless hyping up of everything and anything boxing related.

Old 12-06-2010
Gunner

I sense a boxing vs MMA argument on the horizon.

Max Kellerman did a great job hyping up that James Tony vs Randy Couture fight aye? wait that wasn't Max.

That Ortiz fight should be good enough to watch. I will tell you one thing, after going 12 rounds of non-stop trading/war with Tim bradley, Lamont Peterson is going out there for a slugfest/war. Hope Ortiz is ready or can land that one punch to end it quick.