Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > Rants & Raves

Rants & Raves Got something to rant about. Post about it here.

Old 02-12-2010
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Default Re: Sitting w/ your back to an entrance....

cant really say i've had that feeling.
Old 02-12-2010
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer

Surgically implant some eyes in the back of your head--problem solved...

can even get some pretty hazel ones
Old 02-12-2010
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomNow View Post
I fucking hate doing this... In any place I tend to go I try to always situate myself facing the entrance or at least so i can have the entrance in my peripheral view.

I remember when I was reading Malcolm X's autobio he spoke about his reluctance to sit w/ this back turned to an entrance and as I got older i found it disconcerting to do the same...

like right now I'm in this computer lab and i'm sitting w/ my back to the entrance and people keep coming in and out and i can see their silhouettes on the computer screen but i can't make out faces....

I think my irritation comes from growing up where I grew up and always feeling like I had to watch my back... like u walk past someone on the sidewalk and u turn around to look back to see if they kept it moving or if they stopped...

Sonuvabitch i hate that feeling.
thats the ghetto in u sweetie, Im the exact same way and when Im at a red light I always look around and give myself room to "get out" if I need to. And I always have a weapon in the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliPac View Post
i just let a silent but dealy one rip if someone walks behind me for too long. If they persist, I know something is up.
a dealy one huh?
Old 02-12-2010
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

U know it.

I think oldies said something that I hadn't mentioned. I'd much rather know who is in the room with me than not.

While driving I always am aware of cars around me. Part of the reason I'm like that is that when I was like 13 or so my sister who lived in the house in front of where I lived was followed home by a car after she cashed a pretty large check and was robbed at gun point in the front of The house. Ever since then I've always been paranoid about cars following me or shit like that.

Oh and one must always be aware of the cops.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 02-12-2010
Gunner

Quote:
Yeah... I think it is paranoia... and I don't even smoke weed or anything like that...
not speaking from experience or anything of that nature, but weed does not make you paranoid, it will give you the exact opposite, "i dont give a fuck, laid back" attitude. Does Snoop D - o - Double G look paranoid to you? lol

It happens, everyone has there ups and downs, sometimes we generate a long term reaction to a situation and we react that way. Just practice little by little to numb the sensation, try like 10 minutes with your back to the door and then switch when you start feeling paranoid. Its called desensitizing your emotions.
Old 02-12-2010
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Native View Post
not speaking from experience or anything of that nature, but weed does not make you paranoid, it will give you the exact opposite, "i dont give a fuck, laid back" attitude.
You must not be speaking from experience, because weed can often make people more paranoid than usual.
My friends sister ate a weed cookie by mistake and she was on the verge of calling the paramedics.

I usually like to see who is entering a restaurant, but thats in case any hot babes walk in.

I'm not really paranoid about getting attacked from behind, even though when I was 16, I was sitting with my back to an entrance at a burger joint and I was sucker punched from behind.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 02-12-2010
Maestro

I think it is just in some people i won't sit with my back to the door. I hate to sit in the front of a classroom or meeting room always have to see what is in front of me or around me, always have to keep your guard up when you let it down is when u get burned
Old 02-12-2010
Gunner

Old 02-15-2010
Mocoso

I'm the exact same way. I'll sit with my back to a wall. When I'm sitting down, I don't like anyone to walk around me. If I'm walking down the street, I'll stop walking completely just to let people get ahead of me and have no one behind me. I won't walk around a corner without stepping away from it. For years, I worked in a correctional facility setting. It added to my paranoia.
Old 02-20-2010
Gunner

Quote:

I remember when I was reading Malcolm X's autobio he spoke about his reluctance to sit w/ this back turned to an entrance and as I got older i found it disconcerting to do the same...
From what I remember that book made him out to be a bit paranoid. Of course there was some serious stuff going down. But from his last speeches and videos, he seems very calm,cool and collective. That being said you shouldn't make a big deal out of it unless you acheive ralo status and cointel etc comes after you lol
Old 02-21-2010
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

It's not about making it a big deal. It's that there are real life dangers associated w/ living where I live.

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

Old 02-21-2010
Gunner

I was replying to your first post where you mentioned a computer center.
Old 02-22-2010
Banned User
Presidente

There are real-life dangers associated w/ studying in a computer-center too, you know...
Old 02-22-2010
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

yup.

vision problems, radiation... loud headphones.

fucking ay. where does it end?

Old 02-22-2010
Banned User
Presidente

B'rad feels you, homie…

...sometimes you just cant find a bag fo all your 40's
Life be hard in da 'Bu, yo
Old 07-22-2011
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan

Quote:
I fucking hate doing this... In any place I tend to go I try to always situate myself facing the entrance or at least so i can have the entrance in my peripheral view.

like right now I'm in this computer lab and i'm sitting w/ my back to the entrance and people keep coming in and out and i can see their silhouettes on the computer screen but i can't make out faces....

I think my irritation comes from growing up where I grew up and always feeling like I had to watch my back... like u walk past someone on the sidewalk and u turn around to look back to see if they kept it moving or if they stopped...

Sonuvabitch i hate that feeling.
I don't think you are paranoid at all..

I can not sit anywhere without knowing what/who's going on around me..

At work I picked the cube at the end of the row with my back against the wall and my PC situated so that I can see who's coming and going..

In a restaurant I have to be seated facing a door or at least towards the general vicinity of the entrance..

I am a very observant person and see everything going on around me.. Driving especially. I am almost OCD about seeing and knowing the lay of the land so to speak.

So I guess my point is usually people who have a wide picture view of the world are like this. As opposed to people who are oblivious to the world around them (tunnel vision people)..

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 07-22-2011
Supporter
Veterano

Me too...I ALWAYS WATCH MY BACK.....and those who surround me. ~.~
Old 07-24-2011
Gunner

i'd watch it for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 07-24-2011
Supporter
Veterano

Old 03-14-2013
Maestro

I was thinking about this thread the other night.
I can't have my back to the door while I'm in bed. It kind of creeps me out.
Old 03-14-2013
Travieso

I have to sit on the back seats when we get a briefing, sit on the back on the bus or the ones with the back to the windows and always carry a knife with me whenever I go any where.......I was a teenager during the 90's in L.A. so I guess that explains a lot.
Old 03-14-2013
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan

Just recently bean told the seat at a table facing the door is considered the "power" seat

Never thought about it being a control thing .. Makes sense

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 03-14-2013
Veterano

I have super ADHD, so I need to be able to take in as many distractions as possible.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 03-17-2013
Chicle

I used to have to sit where I can see the door and don't like people standing or walking behind me.

I've mellowed out a lot in the last few years and those things don't bother me as much.
Old 03-17-2013
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_

I like to know what is going on, so facing the entrance while sitting is ideal for me.