Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy

Pregnancy Discussions with others who are pregnant or planning on a pregnancy about issues such as what to expect and what to do. Pregnancy resources and information.

Old 02-10-2007
Estudiante

Default Going to the hospital to give birth....

So what did y'all take to the hospital when you gave birth...or what did you pack for yourself and the baby? I already packed for the baby...and I packed
- 2 blankets
- 2 outfits
- 2 onsies
- 2 pairs of socks
- 2-3 burp cloths
- 2 receiving blankets
....should I add something to my babys diaper bag?

I haven't packed for myself b/c I don't know what to pack....I know the essentials like clothes and what not but did you take somthing extra for the labor that soothed you or a comfort item? If so what?

iMPERFECTiON iS BEAUTY, MADNESS iS GENiUS, & iTS BETTER TO BE ABSOLUTELY RiDiCULOUS THAN BE ABSOLUTELY BORiNG
-marilyn monroe

www.myspace.com/t3ar_drop
Old 02-10-2007
♥ =) ♥
Maestro

Default Re: Going to the hospital to give birth....

^when are you giving birth?
my cuñada only took clothes, toothbrush,her glasses contacts. That's about it I guess.
Old 02-10-2007
Estudiante

Im due March 7. Oh and thanks Lin_Lin.

But I want to know if anybody from soy took somthing special...or somthing that might have helped soothe them.

iMPERFECTiON iS BEAUTY, MADNESS iS GENiUS, & iTS BETTER TO BE ABSOLUTELY RiDiCULOUS THAN BE ABSOLUTELY BORiNG
-marilyn monroe

Old 02-10-2007
Veterano

I took music I liked. When I was having my babies you still had your babies in an operating room. Scary!

my daughter took her favorite pillow and blanket - ones that I made for her and her own nightgown to be comfortable.
Socks are important. Your feet get real cold.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 02-10-2007
Travieso

Send a message via ICQ to LaDyLoCa Send a message via AIM to LaDyLoCa Send a message via MSN to LaDyLoCa Send a message via Yahoo to LaDyLoCa

Well I Dont; Know What Advice To Give, I Just Thought I'd Comment You And Say Congrats! And I Hope Everything Comes Out Good With You And The Newborn Baby!!

*SACRAFICE*
--"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done"
Old 02-12-2007
Veterano

Send a message via Yahoo to Mousiie

Don't forget to pack a camera, film and extra batteries!
Old 02-14-2007
Estudiante

I don't want to get filmed!!! I am going to take a camara but for when after the baby is born, that way i'll have newborn pics

Oh thanks Ladyloca...Im due in 3 weeks!! Today im 37 weeks.

-marilyn monroe

Old 02-14-2007
sexymamacita

hahah lmao this brought back memories hahahah

for sure take socks and an extra blanket cause for some reason its fkn cold in there.. all you really need is 1 outfit for his / her pictures socks for the baby and a blanket the hospital gives you basicly everything. for yourself take something easy to put on and some slippers, tooth brush, hair brush and thats it really. your going to feel like the most beautifulest girl in the world once you give birth it hurts like a mutha fuker but its so worth it..
ohhh and take a walk man or ipod

the breathing doesnt work either ...

oh shampoo, soap and a wash cloth so you can take a shower before you go home your really gonna want to.. did i forget anything??

when i went to the hospital I didnt take shit just got up washed up and vamonos quick..

but my coach took everything for me she even gave me a massage that helps with oils and stuff.
Old 02-15-2007
Veterano

Send a message via Yahoo to Mousiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareli View Post
I don't want to get filmed!!! I am going to take a camara but for when after the baby is born, that way i'll have newborn pics

Oh thanks Ladyloca...Im due in 3 weeks!! Today im 37 weeks.
Thats the point chula.. Don't forget the camera..
Old 02-15-2007
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to Indira

take books you like to read

if you will be breastfeeding I recommend buying some lanolin lotion like this one http://www.lansinoh.com/index.php?sr...nts&pos=0,10,1
for you nipples. You'll love it.

if you have a laptop I recommend you take it because it can get a bit boring in there.
Old 02-15-2007
Krissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareli View Post
Im due March 7. Oh and thanks Lin_Lin.

But I want to know if anybody from soy took somthing special...or somthing that might have helped soothe them.
OMG March 7th already.. Next month!!!! Time flies!! i remember when you first found out you were prego Well Kareli, I hope everything goes good for you. I'm not good in giving baby advice so I just want to wish you nothing but the best!
Old 02-17-2007
Estudiante

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymamacita View Post
hahah lmao this brought back memories hahahah

for sure take socks and an extra blanket cause for some reason its fkn cold in there.. all you really need is 1 outfit for his / her pictures socks for the baby and a blanket the hospital gives you basicly everything. for yourself take something easy to put on and some slippers, tooth brush, hair brush and thats it really. your going to feel like the most beautifulest girl in the world once you give birth it hurts like a mutha fuker but its so worth it..
ohhh and take a walk man or ipod

the breathing doesnt work either ...

oh shampoo, soap and a wash cloth so you can take a shower before you go home your really gonna want to.. did i forget anything??

when i went to the hospital I didnt take shit just got up washed up and vamonos quick..

but my coach took everything for me she even gave me a massage that helps with oils and stuff.

I've heard that your feet get cold..imma look for some warm socks. For myself im just gonna take the basics..no make up or anything like that. I don't think im gonna want to sit there and try to look pretty. I have heard that the hospital provides alot but I want to be prepared.

I can't wait to have my baby tho!! Im freaken excited, Im always getting the braxton hicks contractions but I can live I just want to get it over with so I can finally hold her.

-marilyn monroe

Old 02-20-2007
Travieso

Send a message via ICQ to LaDyLoCa Send a message via AIM to LaDyLoCa Send a message via MSN to LaDyLoCa Send a message via Yahoo to LaDyLoCa

2 weeks to go!!!

*SACRAFICE*
--"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done"
Old 02-23-2007
Estudiante

^^ Lol Yea Its Actually 1 Week And 4 Days!! Im Almost Gonna Have Her!! Woot Woot! Im So Excited And Anxious To See Her, My Family Too Cause My Boyfreinds Dark, Tall And Curly Hair, And Im Shorter Brown/wavy Hair, Light Skinned And Green Eyes!! I Want To Know Whos Features Shes Gonna Have!

-marilyn monroe

Old 02-23-2007
→©α££αδα←
Maestro

aww, q dulce.. suerte.. im sure everythin will go fine..

and we continue to love unrequitedly while our actions' consequences bury us in a castle-like coffin to bleed. ..
Old 02-23-2007
sexymamacita

hey if you do have a lap top and you take it with you, you better have someone hooked up to soy so they can give us the birth of your baby's details hahah you would be the first to have birth on line that would be cool hahaha

good luck girl.. im sure everything will be alright..

let me know how you felt after you get your 1st contraction though hahaha thats exciting ..
Old 03-09-2007
Estudiante

Unhappy Re: Going to the hospital to give birth....

Quote:
hey if you do have a lap top and you take it with you, you better have someone hooked up to soy so they can give us the birth of your baby's details hahah you would be the first to have birth on line that would be cool hahaha

good luck girl.. im sure everything will be alright..

let me know how you felt after you get your 1st contraction though hahaha thats exciting ..
How about I'll just post my birth story lol, but yea I guess I'd be the first to have my birth on soy lol, My baby would be soy's first baby

Todays the 9th and no fricken sign of her...Im having short contractions and they aren't painfull, My mommy said they start out like that but we'll just wait and see, If i dont have her by next wendsday the 14th then im going to get induced.

-marilyn monroe

Old 03-09-2007
sexymamacita

awww are you scared yet? hahaha

its going to be a long long process that always happens with the 1st one. mine was 12hrs strong labor

the other 2 were 5hrs each easy
Old 03-09-2007
Krissy

Good luck Kareli!! Keep us posted!!!
Old 03-10-2007
Estudiante

Your labor was 12 hours long? OMG!! Im sort of starting to get scared now. My belly is so low! I can go into labor any day now...I won't have her past the 14th...only 4 more days.

-marilyn monroe

Old 03-10-2007
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to _aztec_princess_ Send a message via Yahoo to _aztec_princess_

damn good luck chick!

Old 03-12-2007
sexymamacita

yeah girl 12 fkn painful strong painful hrs.. I was screaming..

they kept trying to shove ice chips down my throat I told them to get that shit out of my face and get this kid out NOW!!!!! oh man terrible im telling you.. good luck chica hahaha
Old 03-12-2007
Maestro

Quote:
awww are you scared yet? hahaha

its going to be a long long process that always happens with the 1st one. mine was 12hrs strong labor

the other 2 were 5hrs each easy

My mom went 3 full DAYS! From Friday through Sunday with me. I was her first...But she didnt scream

But I have a friend, and her labor was only about 2 and a half hours.
Old 03-12-2007
→©α££αδα←
Maestro

my mom went only 6 hrs. with me.. but i was premature by 3 months so yeah... suerte kareli.. im sure youll do fine!!

and we continue to love unrequitedly while our actions' consequences bury us in a castle-like coffin to bleed. ..
Old 03-12-2007
♥ =) ♥
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmebabiicallada View Post
my mom went only 6 hrs. with me.. but i was premature by 3 months so yeah... suerte kareli.. im sure youll do fine!!
I was born 4 months early. Good luck kareli, so are you getting the epidural? I asked my cousins about it and they said it felt like heaven.