Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy

Pregnancy Discussions with others who are pregnant or planning on a pregnancy about issues such as what to expect and what to do. Pregnancy resources and information.

View Poll Results: Do you believe in abortion?
YES 2 5.71%
NO 17 48.57%
WHEN IT'S NECESSARY 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2006
Veterano

Default Re: AIDS and Pregnancy

Being "friendly" to people with moronic opinions and statements has (and never will be) a priority to me.

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 10-31-2006
sexymamacita

pendejo kool imma kick your ass i didnt say that was the only way that never came up stupid... grrr

ok i can kick myself in the ass for assuming that because I know you cant catch it from just sex duhhh but the subject was a pregnant person with aids. the question i should of asked was how did she get it?

I have 2 uncles that passed from it one from sex and one from drug use. so im not stupid...
Old 10-31-2006
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymamacita
pendejo kool imma kick your ass i didnt say that was the only way that never came up stupid... grrr

ok i can kick myself in the ass for assuming that because I know you cant catch it from just sex duhhh but the subject was a pregnant person with aids. the question i should of asked was how did she get it?

I have 2 uncles that passed from it one from sex and one from drug use. so im not stupid...

Well, your comments were stupid. Calling someone a "hoodrata" because they've contracted HIV is just plain ignorant.

Even if they did contract it from sexual intercourse, it doesnt mean the person slept around.
Women often contract it from their husbands (who are closet homos').

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Old 10-31-2006
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to shortcakes

Very tough choice. Your friend should speak to her doctor, get the facts and then decide what she is going to do.
Old 10-31-2006
sexymamacita

Cool Re: AIDS and Pregnancy

ok ok i guess i deserved that.
Old 10-31-2006
Veterano

Quote:
ok ok i guess i deserved that.

you're damn right you did!

Old 10-31-2006
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow
Well, your comments were stupid. Calling someone a "hoodrata" because they've contracted HIV is just plain ignorant.

Even if they did contract it from sexual intercourse, it doesnt mean the person slept around.
Women often contract it from their husbands (who are closet homos').

score one for the kool...

yeah, that is true and this runs rampant in communities of color and especially in bordertowns.... (by this, i mean womyn contracting hiv from their closet homo-sexual men who have intercourse with other men and then go home and lay it to their wife... over time hiv can be transmitted)

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 10-31-2006
Estudiante

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomNow
... over time hiv can be transmitted)
What do you mean by this?

If youre friend is young (in her teens) She probably doesent have full blown Aids especially if she contracted it at the same time she got pregnant. Unless she was born with it. How many months is she?
does she have any other STD (herpes)?

I dont think the problem is how she got it or whether shes a hoodrat or not, whats done is done but just to add to that comment... That was rude. That is why people with HIV are so stigmatized. Its sad because if it was a cancer that could be transmitted to her baby everyone would have sympathy for her. It is still a terminal illness.

This is really a matter of time. Will she be alive long enough to take care of her baby, if not are there people who are willing to take care of the baby for her.
This is just my opinion, but if it was me I would abort because finding out you have HIV is hard enough and then having a baby and passing it on to the baby, wow that is a hard situation.

she should get on meds and have her baby by C section, it reduces the chances of passing it on to the baby, and she cant breastfeed because HIV is also found in breast milk. If she really wants to keep this baby she will do whatever possible to keep her baby healthy and that is all she could do.

and one more thing to keep in mind, babies who have HIV positive moms are tested at twelve weeks and turn out poitive but babies develop theyre own immune system and later on test negative.
I hope youre friend is okay and you are a really good friend for not leaving her in a situation like this.....oh yeah where is the dad?
Old 10-31-2006
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to SoChicana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizdlt
and a small comment about the poll...wouldnt people who have abortions mostly do it "when it is necessary"...i mean i dont think ppl go around having abortions for fun...that could just be me being naive tho

i knew a lot of girls in high school that had abortions like it was their job. one girl had like 2 or 3 abortions then finally kept a baby only cuz she wanted to tie the dude down that she had it with. so yea, sometimes it happens cuz ppl are stupid and selfish.
Old 10-31-2006
you never know...
Veterano

Send a message via AIM to mariposa

^^^ did you personally talk to the girls???
'Cause you never really know what you got, until it's gone

_ IT
Old 10-31-2006
Gunner

yea
Old 10-31-2006
you never know...
Veterano

did you talk to htem or were they your friends...ur close friends....

hmmmm i know that there are people out there that do have multiple abortions...i. know that women often use their babies to tie a man down to them (worst idea ever btw)....but i dont think that you can judge someone's intentions or their deep thoughts until you are put in that position....thats just my personal opinion.

_ IT
Old 10-31-2006
Estudiante

Send a message via MSN to Chica_Tejana Send a message via Yahoo to Chica_Tejana

ok people lots of info to take in. i guess the only thing she should do now is see the dr. she is only 3 wks pregnet. her suppose boyfriend gave her HIV when she lost her virginity to him. she thought he was faithful pero it looks like he's not. she found out barely about both. damn i dont know what to do. she's one of my closest friends. i'm not sure if it's full blown yet. i got to get back to ya'll about some of these questions. man she's only 17 and we are both seniors at my school. dang how life hits you in good and bad at the same time. she wants to keep her baby. i gues we'll find a way. i know we will.
Old 10-31-2006
Gunner

im not judging anybody, its not my place to judge. i just have my own opinions about abortion. i think its wrong, and i think its unnecessary. and for anybody who thinks it is necessary, its probably more necessary for them to not be having sex at all. imo, not even rape counts. but then again, ive never been in that situation. but thats why its just my opinion.

i talked to the girls, but i dont have any close friends who have had abortions.
Old 10-31-2006
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica_Tejana
ok people lots of info to take in. i guess the only thing she should do now is see the dr. she is only 3 wks pregnet. her suppose boyfriend gave her HIV when she lost her virginity to him. she thought he was faithful pero it looks like he's not. she found out barely about both. damn i dont know what to do. she's one of my closest friends. i'm not sure if it's full blown yet. i got to get back to ya'll about some of these questions. man she's only 17 and we are both seniors at my school. dang how life hits you in good and bad at the same time. she wants to keep her baby. i gues we'll find a way. i know we will.

man thats really messed up. good luck, i hope everything works out for her.
Old 10-31-2006
you never know...
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoChicana
im not judging anybody, its not my place to judge. i just have my own opinions about abortion. i think its wrong, and i think its unnecessary. and for anybody who thinks it is necessary, its probably more necessary for them to not be having sex at all. imo, not even rape counts. but then again, ive never been in that situation. but thats why its just my opinion.

i talked to the girls, but i dont have any close friends who have had abortions.
you said that the girls were stupid and selfish....and you are saying that its probably more necessary for them not to be having sex at all...that to me is judging..

and i do believe that life starts at conception....i just dont see how anybody who hasnt been through an abortion can say its wrong selfish and unnecessary...

_ IT
Old 10-31-2006
Veterano

This IS tough, but I still don't believe in abortion!!

If it has tires or testicles,
it's gonna give you problems
Old 10-31-2006
Maestro

Im VERY emotional with everything that has to do with Abortions. But i woulnt have an abortion.

Old 11-01-2006
sexymamacita

if she doesnt have full blown aids there is meds that can help her its alot of meds though and they are very very expensive. I hope all works out for her she is just going to have to take very good care of herself and eat right. what a fkn ass hole her boyfriend is to do that to her. do her parents know? she is going to need alot ALOT of support from friends and family.
Old 11-01-2006
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Beauty
What do you mean by this?

what i meant is that hiv doesnt always just happen during one sexual encounter.... in fact, it is highly unlikely that hiv is transmitted during one sexual encounter... (i am not sayin it does not happen sometimes, but it is rare)

most hiv transmissions from homosexual, married to womyn happen over time. over multiple sexual encounters by the male with other males and with his wife... that is what i meant... i hope that was clear

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

Old 11-01-2006
sexymamacita

Quote:
what i meant is that hiv doesnt always just happen during one sexual encounter.... in fact, it is highly unlikely that hiv is transmitted during one sexual encounter... (i am not sayin it does not happen sometimes, but it is rare)

most hiv transmissions from homosexual, married to womyn happen over time. over multiple sexual encounters by the male with other males and with his wife... that is what i meant... i hope that was clear

HIV is not transmitted only by homosexuals having sex its an everything illness
it can be gays, hederosexuals *did i spell that right* drug use (sharing needles) blood transfusions, any bodily fluids being exchanged. maybe i red your last paragraph wrong. HIV / Aids is the worst sickness out there. has anyone ever seen, talked to or met someone with this illness? I have and i even volunteered at the Aids Foundation and all i did was cry I would sit there and cry for them and with them. its terrible..
Old 11-01-2006
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
it can be gays, hederosexuals *did i spell that right* drug use (sharing needles) blood transfusions, any bodily fluids being exchanged. maybe i red your last paragraph wrong. HIV / Aids is the worst sickness out there. has anyone ever seen, talked to or met someone with this illness? I have and i even volunteered at the Aids Foundation and all i did was cry I would sit there and cry for them and with them. its terrible..

i know it s not only a homosexual disease... i was, however, just speaking about a gay man (or a man who has secret homosexual tendencies) whom is married and cheats on his wife with other men... contracts hiv... and then transmits it to his wife w/o her knowing....

but yeah, i ve worked at aids centers, foundations that raise money for them,food, etc.

Old 11-01-2006
Estudiante

Quote:

Oh okay I thought you meant HIV develops over time in someones body... Yeah and alot of people think that just because they had unprotected sex once with someone that whatever they have is automatically given to them, so they keep on haveing unprotected sex with that person. I did an Aids walk and volunteered to give HIV tests and people who were tested were asked the question about how they thought it was transmitted and alot of people said what I wrote. ITS SO SAD that teens and even adults are so mis informed about this disease they think only gays, prostitues, and heroin addicts are at risk, truth is everyone is at risk... especiall minoritie WOMEN.
Old 11-02-2006
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to Chicahua Send a message via Yahoo to Chicahua

Quote:
Ditto. Sitting beside a person in a hospital bed dieing of aids (actually they don't die from the aids they die due to other complications such as the skin cancer or the complications of pneumonia due to the low immune system and low red blood cell count ).

Also a person can contract aids from having had a surgery before 1989. More research is being done on aids and there is now a new strain of aids that is stronger and harder to combat with medications.

"Take away the language, you take away the culture,
take away the culture, take away the power,
you are lost!" B&RInk
Old 11-04-2006
Maestro

tell her to do it. its going to hurt her bad but its best for her and her unborn child. why should the baby come on earth just to suffer its whole little life.
FUCk