Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Life & Social Forum > Rants & Raves

Rants & Raves Got something to rant about. Post about it here.

Old 03-27-2004
deleted user [001]

Default Gas Prices

I just filled up the tank and I paid almost $60 and I was not even on empty!!! Pretty soon, I will be paying more for gas than what I pay on vehicle payments!!! This is crazy!!!

Please check out this article about people stealing gas because of the high gas prices:

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...27025309990001

I don't even know of a gas station in Las Vegas that lets you pump before you pay. I have seen a couple of gas stations that you can pump before you pay in Michigan which surprised me.

Here is a gas price site to see what you are paying in comparison to what other states pay:

http://gasbuddy.com/

Old 03-27-2004
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

damn i kinda been wantign to ask somthign similar for a while. just havent.

that is crazy 60bucks for a tanks of gass. and not even a full tank. crazyness.

i have a old gas eatign truck. lol. but i dont go all over either. i just go to school and home because i know i can eat alot of gas in my truck. so i dont try to be going everywere.

right now in my area there is not even a gas station that has gas for less than $1.60.

but we do have a few stations that u can pay after u pump. but most say u that is only during the day. when they can see u and shit.
Old 03-27-2004
Director

Send a message via AIM to SDx Send a message via Yahoo to SDx

damn...that site is helpful....get some low prices around here...shiet...fuggin sd
Old 03-27-2004
Gunner

prices here are crazy on port but if you go off port in to korea it's 4.50 a gal
Old 03-27-2004
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to GG_Drea Send a message via Yahoo to GG_Drea

We're around the $2 a gal mark
I drive a small car but dang I drive a lot!
Costing me some $$
Old 03-27-2004
deleted user [001]

I wouldn't mind paying $1.60 a gallon at all!!! All of our vehicles get good gas mileage but take premium gas only so I just paid $2.21 a gallon!!!

If gas prices don't go down, I may need to look into buying a hybrid gas/electric car like the Toyota Prius. Ford is coming out with a hybrid Escape this year.

Old 03-27-2004
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Tell me about it! I was used to paying 1.75 for premium but now at 2.05 it is really irritating.

It gets old having to pay $50.75 every 2 days...
Old 03-27-2004
Juarol

Keeping your engine maintained like doing tune-ups, replacing spark plugs, spark plug wires, replacing gas filter ect ect really, really imporves your gas mileage.
Old 03-27-2004
Maestro

It's so ridiculous how the prices are going up and they are going to keep up to... it's a good thing that I dont have a car..

But, Linda that is a lot of money to be spending on gas.. they said they are going to keep raising them.. my opionion it sucks and IM somewhat glad I dont have to pay for it
Old 03-27-2004
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

I was going to write a thread on this, but I knew no one would reply. anyway... Thank goodness I don't have a car or I would lose all the money that I get. Anyway, from what I heard, they're going to raise it more. Makes me sick. The gas companies have a lot of oil saved up to last a long time... Why not use that and lower the cost? Wanna know why? They want money. They know people are going to buy gasoline no matter what.

We need to tell the gasoline companies that we're sick and tired of this shit and we're not going to take it...

"Tehan tohtocazqueh to tamatcayotl can cachi chicahuac." - David Vazquez
Old 03-27-2004
deleted user [001]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED
Tell me about it! I was used to paying 1.75 for premium but now at 2.05 it is really irritating.

Wow - every two days?! You either drive a lot or the Lightning is a gas guzzler! I am crying about gas for a week! I drive a lot!
Old 03-27-2004
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Send a message via AIM to SNH Send a message via Yahoo to SNH

Well, in the topic of gas prices, I must say, I am kinda glad that I moved away from California. The prices there were getting riddiculous(sp). Here in New Orleans, LA.. I have been paying $1.59 for a gallon. I have been spending about 24 dollars a week on gas.

That is a lot better than the 120 a week I was paying while I was living in Los Angeles. Mostly due to a lot of driving from northern to southern CA.
Old 03-27-2004
Krissy

I know, it's very ridiculous!

I'm planning to buy a car soon, but I don't want to broke from buying gas I need one though because I have to go to school then sometimes from school to work... Damn gas.
Old 03-27-2004
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTED

Wow - every two days?! You either drive a lot or the Lightning is a gas guzzler! I am crying about gas for a week! I drive a lot!
I drive about 80-130 miles a day at 14.5 MPG and a 25 gallon tank. So it can vary from 2 - 4 days or so between fill ups. Either way makes me want to throw up...
Old 03-28-2004
Mocoso

...just some food for thought in another direction...

The consumption of gas and other fossil fuels causes lots of trouble.
There are the environmental burdens, ...and there are even wars fought for it!! You all know that.
Surely, you couldn't just close all gas stations overnight, but since usually the people wouldn't try to reduce their consumption unless their own money is involved, higher prices for gas in the US are not all bad, in my opinion.
In Europe you can find prices around 5$ a gallon and above...
...and since nobody wants to spend tons of $$$ for gas, the people start buying cars which spend less. And since there is a demand for those kind of cars, the manufactureres can develop them economically....
The result is that at the end you can get from A to B for the same price, but you have spent only the half of gas than you did before...
Not all too bad, eh?

This of course should rather be done by increasing the taxes on gas, so that the initial profits go back to society and not to the oil companies... but that's another topic...

And surely, there is much more involved than this... but... well... however...

\"Saving love doesn\'t bring any interest.\"-- Mae West

\"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.\"
Old 03-28-2004
Estudiante

Send a message via MSN to chicana26 Send a message via Yahoo to chicana26

shit $1.60 is not bad AT ALL i'd get a full tank and some wit those prices.....even when it was $1.84 here i was still gettin a full tank....now its $1.94 2.04 2.14 shit.......i'm barely gettin half a tank with $20 of $1.94 gas...that shit pisses me off
Old 03-28-2004
Juarol

And the thing is they are really slick about it. they will rise the gass prices up over the weekend.. ( here anyways ) and even up into Monday.. after that it goes way down for a few days and it starts overs agian.
Old 03-28-2004
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to SoChicana

Quote:
Originally Posted by juarol
And the thing is they are really slick about it. they will rise the gass prices up over the weekend.. ( here anyways ) and even up into Monday.. after that it goes way down for a few days and it starts overs agian.
its the same way in toledo. when i was at home, one day gas was $1.58 and the next day it was like $1.69. its terrible. im glad i dont ever have to leave campus for anything.
Old 03-28-2004
deleted user [001]

LOL! I wish gas was only $1.69 here! I guess I should go back to Ann Arbor 'til gas prices drop in Las Vegas.

Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

Send a message via MSN to chicana26 Send a message via Yahoo to chicana26

i remember when gas used to be $.99 here in my town now that is DAMN good price....but hell ask me if it'll drop that low again HELL NO!!!!! i can get a full tank and some and some and some damn thats some damn good gas prices but shit its still $1.94 here and it only has gone down 1 cent each time thats shit!
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

Does anyone know exactly why the gas prices are going up.. here they said they'll be getting up to 3-4 bucks... it's really getting bad
Old 03-31-2004
Estudiante

It freakin sux! Especially when u have to drive long distance for work! The lowest price I found here was $1.99. & that still sux!
Old 03-31-2004
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicana26
i remember when gas used to be $.99 here in my town now that is DAMN good price....but hell ask me if it'll drop that low again HELL NO!!!!! i can get a full tank and some and some and some damn thats some damn good gas prices but shit its still $1.94 here and it only has gone down 1 cent each time thats shit!
u can remember? damn u were what? 9 or 10 when it was that low ? lol. no offense but it has been about 7 - 8 years since it was that low. and that is here in texas and were u live i imagine it is higher,

and India i know what u mean. i have to drive 20-30minutes to get to school. because i live in the country. but hell if i go to actuall town. it is liek another 10minutes or so. and damn it is just killer on my oold truvck. and it not so much the highway mileage either. it is more the stop and go traffic that eats up my gas
Old 03-31-2004
Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by India
It freakin sux! Especially when u have to drive long distance for work! The lowest price I found here was $1.99. & that still sux!
Hell yeah.. my parents Drive far to go to work everyday... my dad is out of town and my mom iS WAYYYYYYYYYYYY at the other end of town... long ways
Old 03-31-2004
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to shortcakes

Man I can't afford the premium anymore it's up to $2.50 by my house! Good thing I'm driving a rental right now, I'm putting the cheapest gas I can find! Car-pooling is probably the best solution if you have co-workers or friends who live near by.