Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health

General Health Discuss any Health topics that don't quite fit into any other health forums.

Old 10-04-2004
Maestro

Default Donating blood

Have any of you donated blood before?

I'm donating blood tomorrow and I was just wondering if any of you have donated before.

You never know when a loved one may need it.
Old 10-04-2004
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio

i donated once, when i wa sin high school, twas ok, but i get nothing from my blood.

so later on i foiund out about donating plasma and getting PAID for it! it did it for a while, til one time my blood came back with a shall we say spike, and i had to go to the docotr and get whatever it was checked out. but once your flagged, thats it no more donating. so yeah.

i have thought a few times about donating. buuuuuuuut, just havent.
Old 10-04-2004
Estudiante

Send a message via Yahoo to bAbY_dOlL

I've thought about it before and I would like to, but I just don't think that I can. I absolutely hate needles. I'd be too scared
Old 10-04-2004
Gunner

I've never done it. I wanted to donate right after 9/11...where they were doing it everywhere for the victims in NY but i never got around to it.

I would be willing to donate though and i was just thinking about it yesterday too. My dad has been needing blood transfusions the last couple days and i just started thinking...i would love to help someone out the way someone is helping out my dad....
Old 10-04-2004
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to SoChicana

In my religion, we do not donate or accept blood because at Acts 15:28,29 it says
Quote:
28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from the things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!
Old 10-04-2004
Site Admin
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to SJ

not sure if I'd mention this before but I cannot stand the sight of real blood. So no i probably won't be donating anytime soon.
Old 10-04-2004
Maestro

what religion are you sochicana....i dunno but in my belief i thing God would look kindly on those who help save others lives, it all depends on how you want to translate the bible. You can translate a verse in the bible totally different then someone else. i dunno.

I have donated once, i would do it again. haven't yet not since i've been at college but if they host something i would here at bowling green.
Old 10-04-2004
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to SoChicana

im raised as a jehovahs witness. the way we interpret it is that God will look out for you whether you die or not, and by recieving blood, its basically displaying that you dont have strong faith. and its the same with giving blood. but im not good at explaining it...
Old 10-04-2004
Maestro

ok...i still don't understand the reasoning for that but this is not an isue of faith. that is for a different topic, a different day.
Old 03-24-2005
Estudiante

Send a message via AIM to sweetchola Send a message via MSN to sweetchola Send a message via Yahoo to sweetchola
Default Do u give blood?

A few months ago i gave or bonated blood to the United Blood services and i was wondering if u guys do this life saving task!

<MOD EDIT :: Please read the Forum Rules, Thread was moved to the appropriate Forum.>GGdrea

come and visit me!!!
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcholalove
Old 03-24-2005
Prospect

Send a message via AIM to XicanaMiranda

i would, but i'm underwieght, so i can't
Old 03-24-2005
Travieso

Send a message via AIM to luvlatinagirls721

Yeah i i like to donate blood because it's saving people life and i like that. I donated blood on March 11. Plus i got a T-Shirt saying Got Blood? and back said Donate Blood to Red Cross.
Old 03-24-2005
Prospect

Send a message via AIM to ladybug Send a message via Yahoo to ladybug

not yet, im underage. but as soon as i turn 18 im going to.

***genesis***
Old 04-07-2005
Prospect

Tejano where the hell do you get your information?
Old 04-07-2005
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Send a message via AIM to SNH Send a message via Yahoo to SNH

I donate each month. Have been doing so for years.
Old 04-08-2005
Supporter
Maestro

UGH! I can't do that! I can't even stand giving blood for tests. Much less a lot more to donate.
Old 04-08-2005
Maestro

I've given blood a total of 3 times. No big deal really. They just stick a needle up your vain and drain the blood right out ya while you lie there and stare at the ceiling. Piece of pie.
Old 04-08-2005
El Jefe de Soy Chicano!
Director

Send a message via AIM to SNH Send a message via Yahoo to SNH

Where I give blood.. they have a large screen tv in view so we can watch whatever movie/dvd they have on at the time.
Old 04-08-2005
Chicle

Send a message via MSN to BeanerBaby

i'veneverdonatedbloodperoi'moldenoughandihaveO-bloodtype
Old 04-08-2005
Travieso

Send a message via AIM to KrazyKing
Default BLOOD

not old enough just 17
Old 04-08-2005
Estudiante

i have donated once, but when i returned to donate again i didnt have enough iorn in im blood. latter they mailed me my cool doners card. 8 it kinda makes me feel special

i live in oregon and hear you can donate if you 16 with your parents permission. im 17 currently.

i was told (not sure if its true) but i heard that students get paid like $10-$20 for donating blood in washington; which woudnt be donationg, but of well thats just what i heard.
Old 04-08-2005
Fresh Meat!

i wish i can donate blood pero estoy "underage" soo i cant..whats the limit anyways i heard it was 17..i guess 1 more year to go
Old 04-08-2005
Gunner

Ha..no way. I'm scared of needles.. .

Love is like a flower; even the most beautiful kind dies.
-Till Lindemann
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Old 04-09-2005
Chicle

Send a message via Yahoo to Xikano.Zero

I do...once or twice a year they come around...they arrive in ELAC and I give blood. I just look at that needlle entering through my skin...watching the blood go up...LOL
I will fight till death for my Mexican being.
- - Xikano.Zero [Powered By Mexikanism]

Newatl Nimexikatl, nochipa!
Chikawak (strong), Xikana (Grasp/Hold) = &acute;Strong Hold&acute; on my roots, XChicano/a
Old 04-09-2005
Mocoso

Default Re: Do u give blood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchola
A few months ago i gave or donated blood to the United Blood services and i was wondering if u guys do this life saving task!

<MOD EDIT :: Please read the Forum Rules, Thread was moved to the appropriate Forum.>GGdrea
NO. Although you didn't ask for the reason why, I'm going to post my reason anyway because I think it is important information:

Nearly 100% of all Natives of Ixachilan (New World) descent, including myself, have type O, RH-(negative) blood. This blood type has always been in extreme demand in the U.S. due to the fact that it is transferrable to any other person of differing blood type. In other words, anyone can receive our blood type via transfusion - and NOT experience rejection. This is why O- type blood is highly sought after and in such great demand in times of war, medical surgeries and/or experimentation.

I used to be a supporter of the cause for blood and organ donations. Although I have never donated any blood due to my lack of trust of blood technicians and concerns about contamination. However, I have recently re-evaluated the issue, and I am now totally AGAINST donating any blood, tissue, or organs - except in the case of your own family.

Because our O-negative blood and related organs are so valuable in surgical procedures - our blood tissues and organs are being used to support and extend the lives of America's filthy rich who can afford to buy blood and organ products.

American federals laws are now being implemented to harvest any blood and organs from persons immediately upon death. And soon, it is expected that it will become legal to actually buy and sell our blood and organ products to America's white and rich elite - who often need various surgeries to extend their lives in pursuit of longevity.

I urge all Natives (that includes many who identify as Chicano/a) to remove yourself from any and all blood and organ donation to this bloodsucking, colonial supremist culture [Except in the case of your own family]. And I say colonizers because that's who wants our blood. I would not give one drop to these bloodsuckers. If you notice - American media supports blood and organ donation - because Amercans want our blood - and will further promote their thirst for our blood in the upcoming colonial wars (Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, etc., tec. etc.).

I argue that blood donating WILL NOT BENEFIT OUR OWN PEOPLE. Rather, our precious blood will be used to save the lives of invaders in times of war and in related medical surgeries for the rich and wealthy population.

Source of statistic:
http://csbs.csusb.edu/anthro/wesn/anth325/Molnar3a.pdf

One note: It's ironic that these bloodsuckers want blood to extend their lives at the same time many of us (Chicano/a) don't even have health insurance to protect our own lives. Even those bloodmobiles are equipped with ultra expensive technologies. There is a high price for your blood, and somebody is getting rich off of donars, especially Native type O-negative donars.