Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Health and Beauty > General Health

General Health Discuss any Health topics that don't quite fit into any other health forums.

Old 09-27-2004
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to Nelio Send a message via Yahoo to Nelio
Default Phobias!

any one have any? and if ya do, do you know why you have them.

i dont have my folder with me(left it in the truck on the side of the road and walked home without it. hehe) but i been wanting to post this for like over a week now. lol

anyways, there is this one phobia that is the most common andnont to many or it is one that you woulndt think would be.
it is aprogrohpibia(sp?)- it is the fear to leave the house. or fear of open spaces. and it is most common in women.

i found that kinda interesting. but yeah. post up!
Old 09-27-2004
Maestro

I'm super afraid of heights.
Old 09-27-2004
*Mr*Manuel

I HATE HEIGHTS ALSO.....

AND getting in FRONT OF A CROWD TO SPEAK....

Nelio.......damn guy, what's up with this new pic?????
Old 09-27-2004
Presidente

the word is agoraphobia, that is hte one that is most common. i finally thought of how it was spelled

anyways,.

2girly, why are you scared of hieghts? do you know?
and i guess a meeting on the roof of the 88th floor with a over-look of the city would not be pleseant. i mean like as a conference meeting of soychicano.
Old 09-27-2004
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan

HOLY SHIT Stop the Presses!!!!!

Nelio Corrected a Word he Misspelled...

ON HIS OWN!!!!!

Way to go PeloNelio...

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 09-27-2004
*Mr*Manuel

Forgot.....reason, why I don't like heights....When I was young, I think at least younger then 7, I fell from the second floor stairs, LUCKY, I feel on an OLD COUCH below......I didn't get hurt, but I remember after that, I HATED HEIGHTS...... I can go on high places, BUT I WILL NOT LOOK STRAIGHT DOWN, I can LOOK OUT AWAY, BUT NOT STRAIGHT DOWN...HELL NO...

Being in front of crowds to speak....I have NO CLUE....

(Nelio...thinking about your pic, guess it more an artistic type...I understand...... )

Old 09-27-2004
Maestro

lol @ Mr & his smileys.

Nelio, I don't know why I'm afraid of heights I just always have been.

For a while, I was avoiding the electric stairs at the stores....(I forgot what they are called) because I hated to look down....(I forgot what they are called). I would only take elevators.
Old 09-27-2004
Presidente

well manuel, i did not see the post you made directly after girlie girl. and about the avy, just somthing different.

and wel, have you tried to overcome your fear manuel? not that it is all that important. jsut wondering if ya have or not.

me i dont really have any phobias that i know of. i mean i am scred of some shit here and there, but i get over it. it is not a fear that prevents me from doing things i need to do, or everyday life ya know.

like i used to and still kinda scared of those big rollercoaster rides. but then i suck it up and say FUCK IT, WE ALL DIE, LETS DO IT!. and just get to it.
Old 09-27-2004
Supporter
Maestro

I don't like heights either.. Or wasps & bees.. (Dammit and I can't run away from them now because of my crutches! )

(Yeah and weird pic Nelio! ??? Looks all bloody or something? )

Old 09-27-2004
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girly

For a while, I was avoiding the electric stairs at the stores....(I forgot what they are called) because I hated to look down....(I forgot what they are called). I would only take elevators.
you mean the escaladers? whoa, i did not know that. but what do you do if the elevator is a see-thru one? ya know the glass ones? i would thinkn that the malls over there in L.A are pretty fancy enough to have glass elevators.

one time i got the rubber piece of my Fila's caught in the escalader. well right when you get off, ya know. and it ripped that fornt piece off. we were in North Carolina. and my dad let me walk around the whole time we were there with those shoes. and we did some hicking as well as other things. FUCKING BASTARD

but yeah there is not a time i go up a escalader that i laugh to myself. or even look down before i step off. lol
Old 09-27-2004
Maestro

lol Nelio.... I mean... that's sad that that happened. hee hee

I don't do that anymore though. I'm still afraid of heights but not as much as I use to be.
Old 09-27-2004
*Mr*Manuel

DAMN, I remember going to an elementary school field trip to Los Angeles City Hall (if I remember correctly), we went up to the observation level....DAMN, IF THAT TEACHER DIDN'T WANT US TO GO OUT TO LOOK OUT.......man, I was holding on to that wall, I would NOT look over the railing....FUNNY ASS THING, I WAS GOING ONE DIRECTION, HERE COMES ANOTHER STUDENT, GRABBING THE WALL THE OTHER DIRECTION......WE JUST MET, THEN neither of us wanted to let loose the wall, so we backed up.....FUNNY NOW, but was scared as HELL THEN

I get weak ASS KNEE's from HEIGHTS.....SHIT, HELL, I get WEAK ASS KNEE'S FROM LOOKING at a HOT FEMALE ALSO.....LMAO

I haven't done anything to try and overcome my fear of heights, I just AVOID it.....

HOLY SHIT....TOO MUCH INFORMATION......lol
Old 09-27-2004
Gunner

Send a message via AIM to DallasChika Send a message via MSN to DallasChika Send a message via Yahoo to DallasChika

Quote:
Originally Posted by designMr
thats mine too!
Old 09-27-2004
Estudiante

Send a message via Yahoo to bAbY_dOlL

Quote:
Originally Posted by designMr

*eyes water*

*sweaty palms*

*knees shake*

*voice cracks*

*faints*

You get the point
Old 09-27-2004
Maestro

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicanoDan

I have a weird Phobia..

I call it Pseudo ClaustroPhobia....

I don't mind ACTUALLY being in closed spaces... I can handle tight enclosed areas when I am actually in those spaces...

What I can't deal with and what gives me fits... is the IDEA of being in a closed space not being able to escape..

For example... There are three scenes in Movies that I can not watch because I get tight and nervous...

The Coffin Scene in Kill Bill Vol. 2 actually made me short of breath... I had to FF through the scene because it literally made me freak a bit.. (I;m getting a little anxious thinking about it now...)

The Sewage Pipe Scene in Shawshank Redemption where Tim Robbins is escaping through the Sewage Pipe... Not as bad as KB V2 but gives me a little anxiety..

And the Scene in Aliens where Bishop is crawling through the Exhaust pipe ..

AAARGH...

ok I'm cool....

"Unless she's being a total twat... Nothing rare or beautiful about that"
― chicanodan
Old 09-27-2004
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to shortcakes

I'm a little claustrophobic, I can't be in closed areas too long. For instance the elevator. I can go into one, but I get nervous if there are people in there with me. I feel like I can't breathe. Or when I'm in a car packed with people I get really nervous...the windows have to be open. At movie theaters I have to sit at the end of the row and so on.

Like chicanodan, I can't watch it either.

There's this other phobia I just learned about it's kinda funny, but it does apply it's called Arachibutyrophobia (Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth) it's really a phobia! I do not eat peanut butter.
Old 09-27-2004
Gunner

I get pretty uncomfortable when I'm in large crowds
I also have a fear of flying (That's why I have to knock myself out when I fly)
Old 09-27-2004
Presidente

damn claudia, fear of peanut butter. i love peanut butter and couldnt imagine not ever being able to eat it. even though i do not eat it much.
Old 09-27-2004
Maestro

Fear of eating peanut butter? That's crazy.

I'd rather die than to have this phobia for I can't live without my peanut butter & jelly sandwhiches. I eat one everyday.
Old 09-27-2004
Presidente

girlie girl, you need to share damn it.
serious. i am to lazy, or really i dont eat that many times in a day, to eat peanut butter an kelly sandwichs. but that gives me a idea for my photo shoot tomorrow i have to do on a meal. hehe

as per the topic, i at times in really really tight slaces get annsy.
like one time when i was like 8 or so, me and my dad and maybe my sister or prolly my sister and dad were playing catch in the front yard. my sister missed, i think, and the ball rolled across the street, into the gutter.
so my dad being the ass he is pulled the top off, and lowered me down to go get it. i had to craw in the pip down there a little ways with pretty much no light.. man, i think i was more scared of what i was gonna touch, then the confined space.
Old 09-27-2004

my fobia is i have this problem with my kids especialy my daughter shes 7 years old but i have a fobia of letting her go somewhere with anyone even my boys.. im scared she is gonna be kidnapped, raped, molested or hit by a car. and i do know why i have this fobia cause when i was little my mom could care less of where i was at and i was molested by an uncle of mine from my dads side and one of my tias boyfriends and i never said anything until about 10 years ago... and i was raped at 18 by a so called homeboy and i never said anything till about a couple of years ago. thats why i have these fobias of that.. but i mean i dont even let my sons go to the restroom alone they either go together or go with me to the ladies room.. and when i go to places with alot of people i get scared they will get lost or something ...
Old 09-27-2004
Veterano

WOW Nelio - pretty much most of your phobias were caused by your Dad. No wonder you dont like him very much.

I'm scared of dark deep water - the Ocean. I like the Ocean, but I cant look down into it if I am on a boat. I do not like any body of water at night. My ultimate fear would be to be lost in the Ocean at night - I dont think I would be the same if I survived. I would love to go to Hawaii and Europe - but you have to fly over the Ocean I dont know why I have this fear.

Spiders - the reason I am afraid of them is when I was young, still playing on the floor young, a big wolf spider came into the house thru the front door - well one of my aunts hit it with one of her spiked heels to kill it and all these little spiders started crawling all over the place - well, wolf spiders carry their young on its back - I remember being real scared and crying and I've been looking for spiders ever since. Because I was able to remember that memory - my fear has subsided somewhat - and since I have to be self-sufficent I have to kill my own spiders now - I do, but i shudder each time.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 09-27-2004
*Mr*Manuel

OK, DARN IT, your prying it OUT OF ME.....

I have a fear of committment......deep personal committment. This doesn't NOT mean I can NOT commit to someone on a personal level (love wise). But its EXTREMELY hard for me to OPEN MY HEART completely to ANYONE.....

I really think it's from losing people close to me when I was very young. My dad dying when I was 3-1/2 yrs old, losing a 2 very close uncles, and a very close friend. Since those losses, I don't think anyone has really seen the REAL DEEP ME.

Those were very painful, so I have the deepest fear to ever get that way again.......AM I WORKING ON IT.......I'M SO TRYING...

(Ok, don't tell anyone......)
Old 09-27-2004
Veterano

That is a very hard phobia to carry with you designMr

It affects your relationship with others and the need to be validated and valued by others. But, you cant be, cause they dont really know you, they know only what you let them get close enough to see.

Thats a really tough phobia to overcome.

How tough we seem to other people. Us Chicanos. I am not afraid to walk down a dark alley at night - no one had better even look at me , I can throw a knife, I can shot a rifle and hit my target, I can fight like a man - but I am fragile inside and have my fears. LOL

Why just last night, some spider was behind the cabinet on the floor - he was throwing his signs at me, daring me to be afraid - I just ignored him, hoping he'd go away. (i wonder if he's still there)
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 09-27-2004

AWWW DESIGNMR MMUUAAHH BIG WETT BESOS AND HUGGS TO YOU