Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity

Identity Anything pertaining to Identity issues.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #101  
Old 12-01-2005
Anahuac_History Anahuac_History is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, OCCUPIED ANAHUAC
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow
I'm not a nice guy,

Yeah right.



Through TV and magazines, we have been trained like Pavlov's dog experiment to crave the Nordic European features.


We have been trained to believe blonde equals "more exciting, more love, more self-esteem".


That's why the women dye their hair blonde.
Because our guys are pretty well trained by the Europeans
who stand everything to gain from our self-rejection.
__________________
WATCH THE MEXICA MOVEMENT CONFRONT RACIST MINUTEMEN/SOS TO THEIR FACES
http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/m...aster_race.wmv
http://www.mexica-movement.org
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-01-2005
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default Re: The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE

well, maybe you're "well trained" but I know what I like and I prefer brunettes over blondes.


I prefer big brown eyes over blue eyes. I prefer dark nipples that look like little chocolate chip morsels over pink nipples.

I had a girlfriend in high school who was Chicana and had long dark hair and big brown eyes but her skin was kind of fair. I used to tell her she needed to get more sun.






Quote:
Chicanas dye their hair blonde because they know CHicanos prefer to date white girls (preferably blonde ones) and if they can't get a REAL WHITE GIRL, then they can at least setltle for a FAKE BLONDE and pretend she's an almost-white girl.


I think this statement is pretty telling of your own hidden desires. We often see that many of the most conservative Republican homophobes are usually masking their own latent homosexuality with extreme homophobia.
I wonder if something similar isnt going on here.

You yourself seem to prop up white women as something unattainable for most Chicanos. Seeing as how we ALL want to date them but so many of us have to "settle" for imitations.
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-01-2005
ChicanoAngel's Avatar
ChicanoAngel ChicanoAngel is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 998
Default

did your boy friend leave you for a white girl or something?
__________________
To live forever is to live a life worth remembering.
When my Heart Can Beat No More I hope die for a principal or a belief that I have lived for\" Tupac Shakur
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-01-2005
Observer Observer is offline
Banned User
Presidente
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 17,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Observer
Default

They are saying:

- "I want to look prettier (than my natural hair)..."

- "I want to catch guys' eyes more (than my natural hair does)"

- "I want to be perceived as more exciting (than what my natural hair makes me look like)."

- "I want to look like that girl in that novela, or that music video (not like my true self)."



I tend to think that is more likely what you are “hearing” rather than what those ladies are “saying.”

Blonde is a natural European trait.

So too is brunette. But what of those Mexicans who have blond hair and green or blue eyes naturally? Are they somehow less Mexican? What of those fair-skinned MEChA members that are so fair that they need to apply a layer of SPF 15 sun block if they plan to spend more than 15 minutes out in the sun? Are they somehow less Mexican? In your opinion, do fair-skinned Mexicans with light color hair and eyes have a place in “Anahuac,” or do you think that they should leave with the “Europeans?”
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-01-2005
Anahuac_History Anahuac_History is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, OCCUPIED ANAHUAC
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1
Blonde is a natural European trait.
So too is brunette.


...sooooo..therefore WE are EUROPEANS?


Therefore Mexicans are BLONDES ?


Therefore, our frame of reference is EUROPEAN ??



Listen to you "CHICANO" guys defend BLONDE-ness as if it were youe very own ego (maybe it is).



Actually, you guys are defending FAKE bottle-blondeness,
which is even sadder.

At least if you were defending REAL blondes, that might carry some weight.
__________________
WATCH THE MEXICA MOVEMENT CONFRONT RACIST MINUTEMEN/SOS TO THEIR FACES
http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/m...aster_race.wmv
http://www.mexica-movement.org
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-01-2005
Observer Observer is offline
Banned User
Presidente
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 17,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Observer
Default

sooooo..therefore WE are EUROPEANS?

- Anahuac_History

Most, if not, all Mexicans have European genes, some of whom are in total denial, but the mirror doesn’t lie.


Therefore Mexicans are BLONDES?

- Anahuac_History

Some are; have you not traveled through Mexico? If you do, you will notice (if you have an open mind and open eyes) Mexicans of every color- some have blond hair and blue eyes some have light brown hair and green eyes. Would you deny that they too are in fact Mexicans?

Listen to you "CHICANO" guys defend BLONDE-ness as if it were youe very own ego (maybe it is).

-Anahuac_History

LOL Actually, I think I’m exposing an obvious weakness within your argument, and rather than respond to it you’d rather go off on some irrelevant tangent.

What is sad that you are unable to defend your points so you attack the motivation (which is irrelevant) rather the argue the veracity and the merit the argument presented.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-01-2005
SJ's Avatar
SJ SJ is offline
Site Admin
Presidente
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: L.A.
Posts: 18,469
Send a message via Yahoo to SJ
Default Re: The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE

I didn't read this whole topic, just the original post...

chicanas dying their hair blonde to be white is absurd. I am sure that there are some girls who do that, but not all of them do it for that reason.

Some chicanas can pull of being blonde(and look good) and others look terrible with blonde hair. I think it depends on their skin-tone.

I wish more girls thought more carefully about what color they decide to dye it. I've seen girls who mess up their pretty hair.

But at the end, who the heck cares? It's their hair, they can dye it pink if they want. We cannot judge them on something as meaningless like dyeing their hair blonde.

Their actions will speak for who they really are, not their hair.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-01-2005
La_Pretty_Eyes_AZ La_Pretty_Eyes_AZ is offline
Chicle
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MeSa, aRiZoNa
Posts: 100
Send a message via Yahoo to La_Pretty_Eyes_AZ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicanoAngel
did your boy friend leave you for a white girl or something?
LOL
__________________
(`\'•.¸(`\'•.¸ * ¸.•\'´)¸.•\'´)
«´•.¸¸.*La Pretty Eyes*.¸¸.•`»
*(¸.•\'´(¸.•\'´ * `\'•.¸)`\'•.¸)*
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-02-2005
Anahuac_History Anahuac_History is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, OCCUPIED ANAHUAC
Posts: 1,081
Default

Blonde is a European trait.
The normal Mexican is not white.
(even the light-skinned ones are not accepted by whites as being fellow whites! )



Fake blondes are just that....FAKE.

Criollos ARE white, and
they ARE Europeans, & not our people.


That fact that Chicanos do lust for European Nordic traits has been proven here
in this thread by those guys who have gotten their panties in a bunch
bec somebody challenged their love of Nordic European traits (blondes, fake and otherwise.)



LOL @ Observer arguing that Mexicans are white people!
__________________
WATCH THE MEXICA MOVEMENT CONFRONT RACIST MINUTEMEN/SOS TO THEIR FACES
http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/m...aster_race.wmv
http://www.mexica-movement.org
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-02-2005
RydenSolo's Avatar
RydenSolo RydenSolo is offline
Prospect
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 43
Send a message via Yahoo to RydenSolo
Default

Cant we all get along...JK I love all girls..theres gods gift to man...shout out to all my fly mamis...Peace
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-02-2005
Anahuac_History Anahuac_History is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, OCCUPIED ANAHUAC
Posts: 1,081
Default

OBSERVER, this is your Conscience speaking:


You are not a white person
and you never will be.



End of Transmission.
__________________
WATCH THE MEXICA MOVEMENT CONFRONT RACIST MINUTEMEN/SOS TO THEIR FACES
http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/m...aster_race.wmv
http://www.mexica-movement.org
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-02-2005
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default

^^^You're a weak debater


End of transmission
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-02-2005
Cal's Avatar
Cal Cal is offline
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marland
Posts: 8,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer1

Most, if not, all Mexicans have European genes, some of whom are in total denial, but the mirror doesn’t lie.

Hmmm I don't think so.

30-40% of the Mexican population is Amerindian (Indigenous). These numbers are for those who do in fact accept they are "Indio", not for the Mestizos 'in denial'. According to various reports, Mestizos (Amerindian mixed with white) make up 50-60% of the population. The rest would be white and other. The Mexican population is a majority native and native characteristic having people.

There is no question that some Mexicans do in fact have European genes but just because some do, doesn't mean most or all do. You say look in the mirror, well that would be a good thing if ALL Mexicans looked in the mirror, not just the few here. The majority of migrants in the US are "Indio" looking. Does that automatically make them 100% Indigenous? Probably not but the point is that whatever European genes they have, have been outdone tremendously by the native traits.

I mention this because it was just something that had to be said and to avoid having someone else read it and be misinformed.

But, I understand what you're saying!
We know that blond is a European trait but we also know that some of our Mexican/Chicano people have light/blondish hair. What are they to do? Should they be shunned and completely ignored? Are they to be mocked for having a little more white than others? Are they less Mexican? I don't think so. They are Mexican! As Mexican as any other. They are the result of some treacherous history (at least some are).

Personally I do not like it when a women dyes her hair. Ultimately, its their choice though. Now one thing I don't know is their motive for dyeing it.
If it is in fact is too look more white, then shame on them! Pinche vendidas.

Selena was very attractive though, just thinking about her...
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-02-2005
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default

How scientific are these various polls?


Is it a survey?

Is blood work done?

I dont see how it can be determined who has Euro blood and who doesnt

Dont get all pissy either since I know youre a hyper-sensitive MECHA type.
I'm just axing a pregunta, carnal. En serio
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 12-02-2005
Cal's Avatar
Cal Cal is offline
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marland
Posts: 8,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow
How scientific are these various polls?


Is it a survey?

Is blood work done?

I dont see how it can be determined who has Euro blood and who doesnt

Dont get all pissy either since I know youre a hyper-sensitive MECHA type.
I'm just axing a pregunta, carnal. En serio
I don't know how accurate. Just the population reports issued by the Mexican government and the CIA website.

This was mostly just towards OB1 comment about how 'many if not all' Mexicans have European genes. Just the fact that millions of Native Mexicans exists kinda axes that.

And I don't need you telling me what I am what I'm not. En serio carnal.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-02-2005
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default

I'll tell you whatever I want, you vagina
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-02-2005
Cal's Avatar
Cal Cal is offline
ಠ_ರೃ
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Marland
Posts: 8,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow
I'll tell you whatever I want, you vagina

Fuck you slut!
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-02-2005
Observer Observer is offline
Banned User
Presidente
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 17,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Observer
Default

Cal,

To be honest, I am in no position to argue your claims; I haven’t any scientific genetic findings at the ready. If I get more time over the break I’ll look into it. But you admit that there are “reports” (whether they are genetic [not “blood”] studies is unclear) that “Mestizos [a colloquial and unscientific term] make up 50-60% of the population.” That means that most (60%) Mexicans have European genes.

The majority of migrants in the US are "Indio" looking.

-Cal

True, at least the one’s I see on the corners selling goods or services (honest labor). But the people (Chicanos) in colleges and most in the public schools here are not so “Indio” looking. Again, but you cannot tell the genetic make-up by simply looking at everyone (my suggestion was made tong-in-cheek). Some of those who “look” “Indian” may have some, albeit very little, European lineage. And as you have said, it doesn’t make them 100% indigenous. So at what level do people cease to be “indigenous?” At 80% or 75%? Therein, at least for me lies, lies the absurdity of claiming who does and doesn’t belong here.

They are Mexican! As Mexican as any other.

-Cal

Exactly. Do those who are so quick to want to kick-out “whites” also willing to kick out “white” (fair-skinned blond, blue eyed or green-eyed Mexicans)? If not, then I’d say there is a discrepancy.



Selena was very attractive though

-Cal

Yeah she was. I would have hit that!


OBSERVER, this is your Conscience speaking: You are not a white person
and you never will be.


-Anahuac_History

I know that. I know that so much that I know that I’d never marry a “white” woman and than turn around to be a Chicano revolutionary. Now, not everyone can say that?
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 12-02-2005
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default

Quote:
Selena was very attractive though

-Cal

Yeah she was. I would have hit that!


You probably still can. All you need is a flashlight, the agility to scale a fence and a shovel.




Quote:
I know that. I know that so much that I know that I’d never marry a “white” woman and than turn around to be a Chicano revolutionary. Now, not everyone can say that?


Good point. I actually know of a douchebag that has the gall to claim to be a Chicano revolutionary. He says I'm "wrong" for having the audacity to have sex with non-Mexicans yet he is married to a white woman.
If thats not hypocrisy, I dont know what is





citlalin,


Your hair looks pretty kinky. I believe the term is "negroid" hair.

Do you have any black ancestry?


P.S. My hair is pretty wavy/curly as well
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-02-2005
shortcakes's Avatar
shortcakes shortcakes is offline
Director
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: SFV, CA
Posts: 5,504
Send a message via Yahoo to shortcakes
Default

You can't generalize this based on the woman you have met or seen in your area Anahuac. Not ALL women do it for this reason. I’ve dyed my hair different colors. Not because I want to be someone I’m not…I know who I am and the color of my hair isn’t going to define that.
__________________
"Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears"
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 12-02-2005
da_payaso's Avatar
da_payaso da_payaso is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Between Hell and Heaven
Posts: 1,784
Send a message via Yahoo to da_payaso
Default

Pssh....Im gonna have a GREAT laugh when Citalin's or Anhuac's kids or future kids marry a white woman/Man....And blondes at that!
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/da_payaso
I realize none of what I have, nothing I can grasp onto is real.
What means the most to me is invisible.
-Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.-
http://www.lambda1975.org
The FIRST Latino's Down!!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-02-2005
KoolArrow's Avatar
KoolArrow KoolArrow is offline
Veterano
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West L.A/Las Vegas
Posts: 8,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_payaso
Pssh....Im gonna have a GREAT laugh when Citalin's or Anhuac's kids or future kids marry a white woman/Man....And blondes at that!

It wont be a surprise seeing as EVERY Chicano wants to be with a blonde
__________________
“The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in
seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”― Socrates

"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me" - Nathaniel Lee
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 12-02-2005
sexyreina's Avatar
sexyreina sexyreina is offline
Estudiante
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 554
Send a message via MSN to sexyreina Send a message via Yahoo to sexyreina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolArrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_payaso
Pssh....Im gonna have a GREAT laugh when Citalin's or Anhuac's kids or future kids marry a white woman/Man....And blondes at that!

It wont be a surprise seeing as EVERY Chicano wants to be with a blonde

NO!!!!!!!

actually i dont think id ever dye my hair
let alone blonde.!

im happy being a brunnette.


BROWN AND PROUD!

__________________
"trying to forget some1 u love is like trying to remember sum1 u never met."

~*~www.myspace.com/daddys_lady

:]

smile, even if its been the worst day since yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 12-02-2005
Anahuac_History Anahuac_History is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, OCCUPIED ANAHUAC
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyreina
NO!!!!!!! actually i dont think id ever dye my hair let alone blonde.!
im happy being a brunnette.
BROWN AND PROUD!

Good for you.
You are a REAL example of Chicana pride.
__________________
WATCH THE MEXICA MOVEMENT CONFRONT RACIST MINUTEMEN/SOS TO THEIR FACES
http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/m...aster_race.wmv
http://www.mexica-movement.org
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 12-02-2005
Anahuac_History Anahuac_History is offline
Gunner
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California, OCCUPIED ANAHUAC
Posts: 1,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcakes
You can't generalize this based on the woman you have met or seen in your area Anahuac. Not ALL women do it for this reason. I’ve dyed my hair different colors. Not because I want to be someone I’m not…I know who I am and the color of my hair isn’t going to define that.

Then why dye your hair at all if it so insignificant?
Why spend all that money on something so meaningless?


The fact is, it's all about appearances for the guys who want to hump
on a blondie, or a real white girl.
They can't get a real one, so they play the pretend game.

Your pic there looks better brunette,
fake blondes don't fool anybody.
__________________
WATCH THE MEXICA MOVEMENT CONFRONT RACIST MINUTEMEN/SOS TO THEIR FACES
http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/m...aster_race.wmv
http://www.mexica-movement.org
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chicanas! chi_towns_finest_hyna General Discussion 10 07-29-2007 06:15 PM
Calling ALL Chicanas!!! ChicanaRealm Websites and Webpages 2 12-26-2005 05:01 PM
Why are so many Chicanas shallow? ChicanoWopHybrid General Relationship Talk 43 03-22-2005 08:40 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 AM.


All the comments are property of their posters. Images, logo, content and design are © copyright by SoyChicano.com. All Rights Reserved.