Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Identity/Culture/Race/Religion > Identity

Identity Anything pertaining to Identity issues.

Old 11-26-2005
Prospect

Send a message via AIM to guanaco_mexican Send a message via MSN to guanaco_mexican

i have blonde hair, am i trying to be white?
i agree that it's not a good trend and chicanas shouldn't try to emulate what they aren't, but i think you shouldn't generalize as much as you do

i've been with girls from different races and all that,
i've never found any one better than the others,
as far as looks, i only like very few white girls,
my favorite girls of all have to be those mayan-looking round-face girls.

i'll be happy to see those mexi-black, mexi-asian, mexi-what-the-fuck-ever,
as long as we take away some of the power away from RICH white people
Old 11-26-2005
Gunner

Send a message via Yahoo to da_payaso

Oh my god, it's damn hair fool!! Your over here comparing shit like that to trying to be white!....damn, your like that fool ludacris plays on 'Crash'....
-Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.-
http://www.lambda1975.org
The FIRST Latino's Down!!
Old 11-26-2005
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

there is truth to some of this.....however on the flipside I see white chicks doing the opposite but for gain, look at christina aguilera, now she is a example of this post or paris hilton's old friend that richie girl. But then Jlo comes around and then what.......booty, attitude, sexy.....you know what I mean. So now there are women (white)dying their hair brown, black, dark and wearing any type of pant that makes thier asses look big. examples.....ashley simpson, paris hilton, they both had thier hair blond, then black then dark, have fucking chihuaua's as pets, and shit. To me white women envy minority women because thier strengths and attention they get for being that kind of woman. Mexicans and black women (some, and just a few) like that white women image becasue its a money thing. They call tehmselves the professional woman and all they are is office space for the men to have around to smell good and to have an occasional ass to look at.
Old 11-26-2005
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to Wizdom

thinking further, I believe its all about the attention and money. Whichever the women is in need or whichever means more to them. of that is what its about. My lady she dont expect much, i work my ass off and she knows it. So does she, she is a chicana like no other. too damn sensitive at times but a strong woman, built on family before image. she loves me and I love her. to her a box of hair dye means nothing to her when we need to get shoes for the kids.
Old 11-26-2005
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer

The REAL reason Chicanas dye their hair BLONDE...

TO LOOK WHITE!

- Anahuac_History

I’ve seen some Chicanos with their hair dyed green. Does that mean they want to be Martians?

Maybe they dye it that color because they like it.

People who have a latent [hidden] longing to be “white” will often over-compensate their hidden desire by attacking, criticizing, or attaching some absurd rational behind some benign [meaningless] act; in this case, the coloring of one’s hair.

To be honest, I’d be far more inclined to believe that one who habitually accuses others of “wanting to be white” is himself or herself the actual person in the midst of an identity-crisis.

Why is it that these pseudo-revolutionaries see in just about every action an underlying reason of wanting to be white? I’d guess it is because they secretly long to be “white” and they cannot stand their inner most desires. They are consumed and hunted by their latent desire and they are, at the same time, repulsed by it. So they project their secret longings onto others so that they can feel better about themselves; either that or they’re just bored people. I dunno.
Old 11-26-2005
Fresh Meat!

first of all i dont even no why chicanos like gringas piojosas, is it cuz they just easy to get? Cuz most of las gringas give it up real easy unlike us paisas. I would never dye my hair blonde.hell na.cuz i see a las gringas komo unas hoes. and i ain't really trying to look like them. they should be trying to look like us.
Old 11-26-2005
Mocoso

well i like white girls and i like when a mexican girl has bloned hair thats just me
Old 11-26-2005
Banned User
Presidente

Send a message via Yahoo to Observer

Well there you have it- conclusive and undisputable evidence that all, or at the very least, an overwhelming majority of Chicanas who bleach their hair blonde are really suffering from an identity crisis.

I’m convinced- and to think, I thought that maybe they just liked a change or the way their hair looked blonde. And then when you consider the “talking white” factor…well, how can you conclude anything else? I mean we all know that Spanish is a “Brown” language and not a “white” language. So anyone who chooses to “sound or speak white” in addition to bleaching his or her hair must be suffering from an identity crisis.
Old 11-26-2005
Mocoso

interesting read

http://www.isteve.com/HowLatinoInter...Inequality.htm

How Latino Intermarriage Breeds Racial Inequality

by Steve Sailer
www.VDARE.com
5/18/2000
Home

Email Steve

This is the third and final installment of my VDARE.com series "Importing Mexico's Worsening Racial Inequality" on the Mexican racial hierarchy and its implications for America. If friends of yours wants to join my "iSteve" mailing list and receive my published articles by email, just have them send a blank email to iSteve-subscribe@egroups.com .
--------------

After nearly twenty generations of intermarriage between whites and Indians, Mexico has ended up with an almost wholly white elite, a vast mixed race (mestizo) working class, and at least 10 million extremely impoverished pure Indians who have never assimilated into Hispanic culture. And the ruling class is becoming ever whiter. Yet, intermarriage is supposed to bring about racial equality and harmony. So, how did this happen? And what does it portend for America's dream of colorblind equality?

The first column in this series described the corruption of Mexico's white rulers. [Part 1: Mexico's Corrupt White Elite http://www.vdare.com/sailer_mexico.htm] The second outlined race in Mexico. [Part 2: Mexico's Insidious Color Continuum http://www.isteve.com/ImportingMexicanInequality.htm] This will explain the mechanism through which Latin America's seemingly anti-racist freedom to marry across color lines produces such racially hierarchical societies - and what this implies for the U.S.

In Mexico, white conquistadors interbred with Indian women to produce mestizos. Let's assume that in 1519 the Spaniards and the Mexican Indians were equal in IQ and other significantly heritable traits that aid economic success. I'll follow Jared Diamond (Guns, Germs & Steel: The Fates of Human Societies) in stipulating that the conquistadors won solely because by luck they had the guns, germs, and steel on their side, and that the only reason they had superior technology was because Spain was less isolated than Mexico.

Now, imagine a conquistador and his Indian woman have two sons in the 1520s. These two mestizo brothers grow up and go out in the world to seek their fortunes. One is smarter, and he strikes it rich. The other wasn't so lucky in the genetic lottery, and he becomes poor. The rich son has a wide variety of potential wives to choose from. Like most men, and like almost all Mexican men, he is more attracted to blonde women, and thus marries one. (If you aren't familiar with the depths of Mexico's blonde obsession, try watching Spanish-language TV shows. Almost all the women on Mexican TV look like Finns.) His impoverished brother, in contrast, cannot attract a blonde wife. So he marries an Indian girl.

Then, the brothers have children. On average, the smarter, richer brother's kids, who are 3/4 white, are smarter than their underprivileged 1/4 white cousins. They're smarter not because they are whiter, but because their father had more smartness genes than their uncle. This trend continues: in both families, the smartest, most energetic, and most ruthless sons marry the blondest wives, while the blondest daughters marry the husbands with the most Right Stuff. Repeat for another dozen and a half generations. By 2000, this pattern could lead to the most European-looking people being the most naturally formidable, even if they weren't when they arrived in 1519.

Of course, talented youths are still born among the mestizos, but the white elite discriminates against them. However, in Mexico every century or so, there is a massive upheaval like the Revolution of 1910. The white monopoly is fractured. Up through the cracks come the most able mestizos and Indians. They start dynasties that persist to this day … but their grandsons and great-grandsons are notably whiter they were, since the men of the family have been exploiting their social ascendancy to marry white women. (Of course, many rich Mexican men father second families with their lower-ranking mistresses. But these kids seldom get the breaks in life that the legitimate children do.)

The ruling class today is not restricted solely to the legitimate heirs of the current magnates, however. It continues to recruit smart young men from the lower orders. For example, President Ernesto Zedillo, who has a doctorate from Yale in economics, is from a quite poor background. Yet, he looks pure white (and acts that way, too -- his aides used to call him "El Nerd" behind his back). His mother was a medical student who dropped out for obscure reasons. There is some uncertainty about whether he really is the biological son of the humble Mexicali electrician who raised him, or of a Finance Ministry official.

President Zedillo is the classic manifestation of Mexico's "technocrat" trend. Extremely well-educated young men with state-of-the-art managerial skills shove aside the old guard "dinosaurs." The great majority of these bright young things are all or almost all white. In the U.S., we see an IQ gap of roughly half of a standard deviation between non-Hispanic whites and Mexican-American mestizos, and something like that probably holds true in Mexico too, after all this assortative mating.

Why does the Mexican government need so many technocrats? After all, Chicago's similar one-party machine clanks along just fine under the guidance of endearingly mediocre minds. Mexico's Left, however, demanded the intrusion of the state into the business world, such as the nationalization of the oil business in 1938 by the sainted President Cardenas (father of the leftist candidate for President in 2000). Ironically, nationalizing industries started the need for technocrats in government, which turned out to mean more whites at the top.

Mexico has in some ways become an IQ meritocracy rather like Imperial China. Enormous prestige and power have gone to graduates of American Ivy League universities. (Or at least to people who claim to have graduated from these universities -- quite a number of cabinet officials were recently found to have failed to complete the degrees on their official resumes.) Still, the educational levels of top government officials is radically higher than in the past, and may well be higher than in the U.S.

The technocratic ascendancy, though, has not decreased corruption or brought more justice to Mexico. In fact, it simply seems to have lead to Mexico being ruled by more clever crooks. Nepotism and cronyism remain rampant. The leaders became less in touch with their subjects, and less sympathetic to their needs, than at any time since the Revolution. Having a lot of Ivy League PhD’s run a semi-literate country where maybe only 2% or 3% of the population subscribe to newspapers is not necessarily a recipe for good government. In a political culture where the current President personally picked the next President, this IQ stratification meant that Presidents increasingly picked their own elitist technocrat aides, many of whom had never won an election before, rather than traditional slap-on-the-back politicians who were more in tune with the masses.

The technocrats have some successes to their names, such as Mexico's highly rational process of developing new tourist destinations. But after several decades of hideous corruption and mismanagement, the average Mexican is sick of technocrats. So the PRI made sure to nominate a presidential candidate this year who only had a bachelor's degree.

Whites have also dominated even Leftist guerilla movements. For example, Subcommandante Marcos, who led the Chiapas guerilla uprising in 1994, is a white college professor from Mexico City. The reason he calls himself a Subcommandante instead of a Commandante is because he supposedly answers to the real Commandantes, who are all Mayan Indians. In fact, Marcos was not originally the spokesman for the rebels -- a Mayan named Commandante Felipe made the initial statements to the press on January 1, 1994. But he proved insufficiently charismatic and articulate in Spanish, so Marcos elbowed him aside a few hours later. But of course, Marcos is today the real Supercommandante and the Indians do what he says.

What does all this portend for America as we become more genetically and culturally Mexican?

Interracial marriage between whites and East Asians in California has indeed worked largely as advertised, bringing these two races quite close together. Since Asians tend to have slightly higher IQ's and significantly better work ethics than whites, white-Asian weddings have contributed to racial equality. The trend toward white-Asian couples, however, has benefited Asian women and hurt Asian men, since only 28% of white-Asian couples feature an Asian husband. (See my ever-controversial article "Is Love Colorblind?" [http://www.isteve.com/IsLoveColorblind.htm])

On the other hand, a new class system based on color is also growing more visible in Southern California. Although the men of LA are less prejudiced about women's hair and skin color than the men of Mexico, in LA, like most places, the blonde remains queen. As Hugh Hefner has pointed out, for 85 years Hollywood has pulled in the most beautiful blondes from all over the world, which is why native-born California women are so attractive. For generations to come, the blondes will keep arriving from all over America, Canada, and Europe, and they'll continue to marry the hardest charging, most successful men. This will keep LA's hereditary overclass blonder than is expected by today's Tiger Woods-bedazzled conventional wisdom.

Likewise, the Hispanic influx into California seems to be simply recreating the racial hierarchy of Latin America - rather like the freed slaves who went to Liberia and set up an imitation Southern slave-owning society there. America's leading Latino politicians tend to marry Anglos (for example, the last two Latino Cabinet officers, the head of the Hispanic Congressional Caucus, and the last two presidents of the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Fund [MALDEF]). Thus, the Mexican-American elite is likely to become even whiter over the generations.

While upwardly mobile Mexican-Americans marry blonde Anglos, downwardly mobile white men often wed Mexicans. Now, there is plenty to be said for getting hitched to a Mexican lady. They tend to make better mothers, homemakers, and cooks than the leggy blonde careerists who, however, are so much more in demand in Southern California. But sadly, there is a big social cost to Anglo-Hispanic marriages - which raises severe doubts about America's ability to assimilate Latino immigrants. As pro-immigration/ pro-assimilation researcher Gregory Rodriguez admits, "Surprisingly, in most homes headed by an Anglo/Latino couple, Spanish becomes the household language." [http://www.med.ucla.edu/cesla/oped/5-5-96.htm] (Possibly, this stems from Latinos staying in closer touch with their extended families, which makes speaking Spanish more necessary for family life than speaking English.)

Thus, those L.A. blue-collar whites who don't flee to Utah will tend to assimilate genetically and culturally into Latino culture.

If the U.S. were to adopt a merit-based immigration policy like Canada's that favored those immigrants with the smarts to contribute the most to the economy and to the IRS (i.e., more Asians and fewer Latinos), then skin and hair color would become less accurate predictors of intelligence and social class. However, our current nepotism-driven immigration system, which allows in so many mestizo immigrants under the family reunification provisions, is simply importing Latin America's race-based inequality.

Steve Sailer (www.iSteve.com) is president of the Human Biodiversity Institute. His National Post article "Why do gentlemen prefer blondes?" is posted at http://www.isteve.com/blondes.htm
Old 11-26-2005
Gunner

Default Re: RE: Bleached blonde & identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by citlalin
but I suspect there's a dark-haired Chicana inside that she's trying to kill off.

In my experience, dark-haired Chicanas have the strongest identity of themselves and also think most highly of themselves...they're not worried about pleasing the faceless masses--and their natural beauty shines through.

The good news is that my bleached blonde Native Taino friend finally worked on her identity and spiritualty issues...which in turn fostered a return of her natural dark-haired beautiness. She finally got soul.

That's a good story. That's a positive reclaiming of her Indigenous features instead of trying to imitate the features of white girls and pretending that it's really about being a Chicana.

They dye their blonde because they know so many Chicano/Mexicano guys are trained like Pavlov's dogs to drool over a blondie (preferably a white they hope).

Imitating white girls features and pretending its "all about being Chicana."

This is what Europeans have done to us. They make our people defend the "bottle blonde" self-hatred of their Indigenous features.
Old 11-26-2005
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHULIZ
first of all i dont even no why chicanos like gringas piojosas, is it cuz they just easy to get? Cuz most of las gringas give it up real easy unlike us paisas. I would never dye my hair blonde.hell na.cuz i see a las gringas komo unas hoes. and i ain't really trying to look like them. they should be trying to look like us.
Umm..I have no idea WHERE your from, because where im from, there is some loose ass chicana's as well as 'piojosas gringas'...damn, all of ya'll need to quit living in denial...another type of people is no better than the rest..including chicanos's..just a thought
Old 11-26-2005
Gunner

^^^In my OPINION (Hate it or love it) You people are worse than jehhovah witnesses!

What's with all this talk about-
white gods
white angels
white heaven
white robes
white snow
white toothpaste..I mean shit people, grow up in all sincerity..It's hypocritical for me to say that, I know, since I have the option of not reading your posts' but damn..just like some people on here talking about 'slave names'...damn..like I said my opinion
Old 11-26-2005
Karlos

If you dont' like it, you don't have to click on the thread payaso, but you love drama and always want to put your 2 cents in.

I myself don't like some of the threads, talking about the dumbest most insignificant shit, but I don't rain on their parade. Some of the threads talking about "stories", "what should I do with my man" Pick your battles.

If you don't like how people point out about the white society we live in, truth hurts.

However you're started to call people worse than Jehovah's witnesses and insulting them personally. Next time I will edit your post.

As for the topic on hand, it's a female issue somewhat.

Girls like looking all pretty and try different things or whatever with their hair. Highlights are "OK" in my book, if its a temporary hair-do, but full blonde is kind of ugly on a Mexicana.

It's mostly light skinned Mexicanas who do the full blonde thing, the morenas, not "morenitas", Im talking Morena, hardly ever do the full blonde thing. I knew a morena who did it and she didnt like it, so about a week later she died her hair dark again.

For the most part, it's females just doing things with their hair, TRYING to be white, I don't know about that.
Old 11-26-2005
Gunner

^^well I think the reason people keep posting their biased opinions on this to that OTHER people reading this post can see BOTH sides of this 'REAL REASON'!! That way they don't get washed, err...I guess 'brown-washed' from being 'white-washed'...or so that they get washed..or..shit, I don't even know im lost now , Imma go wash- I mean take a shower..dueces
Old 11-26-2005
Karlos

you have an opinion? all you're doing is insulting people for having these opinions.
Old 11-26-2005
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos
If you dont' like it, you don't have to click on the thread payaso, but you love drama and always want to put your 2 cents in.

That's true. That's what I do with posts I think are just silly.

Quote:
It's mostly light skinned Mexicanas who do the full blonde thing, the morenas, not "morenitas", Im talking Morena, hardly ever do the full blonde thing. I knew a morena who did it and she didnt like it, so about a week later she died her hair dark again.

Yes, up north that is mainly true.

Down here in Los Angeles, esp in the deep parts, where we have lots of darker people, the full-blonde thing is out of control.

It's obvious that they are getting these ideas for blondeness (Nordic European feature) from the racist novelas.

And quite frankly, it looks GROSS....
Old 11-26-2005
Karlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkxtall
interesting read

by Steve Sailer
www.VDARE.com
5/18/2000
Home
What? vdare is full of shit, even idiots have some good suggestion and ideas but vdare is revered by Nazi websites like Stormfront.
Old 11-26-2005
Mocoso

HMMM
Old 11-27-2005
Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl98
HMMM

Yes hmmm....

Brunette is Beautiful.

Let's stop making Clairol rich!
Old 11-27-2005
Vainglorius Humility
Director

Send a message via Yahoo to QMX

Quote:
Whether anyone admits to it or not, it struck some raw nerves.
Yes , indeed it has.

Either way I guess we all can conclude that trying to be white is not always the reasonfor dying hair blonde but that it often can be the case.

can we agree to that?
Old 11-27-2005
Mocoso

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkxtall
interesting read

by Steve Sailer
www.VDARE.com
5/18/2000
Home
What? vdare is full of shit, even idiots have some good suggestion and ideas but vdare is revered by Nazi websites like Stormfront.

^^karlos

this thread is not about you or me, it was started by anahuac history as to his thoughts on the blonde crisis in chicano land.

i don't have the answer to his question, nor have i made a study as to the current blonde craze, or whether in fact it is real or imagined.

as far as vdare is concerned i typed in blonde mexicans on google, his webpage showed as a subject.
Old 11-27-2005
Karlos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimichipilli
can we agree to that?
let's agree to disagree
Old 11-27-2005
Veterano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambitho
They call tehmselves the professional woman and all they are is office space for the men to have around to smell good and to have an occasional ass to look at.

OMG Sambitho tell me you did not say this??????

WTF??? is this how you really feel about women???
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand -chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
Old 11-27-2005
Estudiante

Location: For your sake, hopefully not in your girls buttcheeks O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_payaso
^^^In my OPINION (Hate it or love it) You people are worse than jehhovah witnesses!

What's with all this talk about-
white gods
white angels
white heaven
white robes
white snow
white toothpaste..I mean shit people, grow up in all sincerity..It's hypocritical for me to say that, I know, since I have the option of not reading your posts' but damn..just like some people on here talking about 'slave names'...damn..like I said my opinion
Arent you half white? Dont fuckin try to tell people to stop fightin for their beliefs just cause they can't apply to you..

Who you are, is who you are and who they are, is who they are. And thats 2 different people. If you can't understand the degrating feeling of carrying a spanish name when our people don't come from Spain, than you have absolutly no say on this...any of this..
For more info.

- "your not allowed to crush his hopes and dreams unless your his real parent. he needs someone who'll love him and teach him how to shoot a gun and only show him the GOOD porn."
Old 11-27-2005
Gunner

Arent you half white? Dont fuckin try to tell people to stop fightin for their beliefs just cause they can't apply to you..

Who you are, is who you are and who they are, is who they are. And thats 2 different people. If you can't understand the degrating feeling of carrying a spanish name when our people don't come from Spain, than you have absolutly no say on this...any of this..-Mayan_sun

AND aren't you the one that was saying all this shit 'they' are saying is bullshit? Calm the fuck down, so what if Im half-white, like I said that's my opinion, and im not drawn to 'protect my race', fuck I know a LOT of WHITE people are dumbasses, and there are PLENTY of MEXICAN dumbasses as well as displayed on this thread. So what are ya'll proposing? Don't intermarriage? Don't look like the other race? Shit fine then, if ya'll don't want to be 'white-washed' then to hell with electricity, your car, t.v., etc...because TECHNICALLY all these are 'white inventions'....so to all I say FUCK YOU!!

I bet this shit will get edited