Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Community > Veteranos' Corner

Veteranos' Corner A place for military veterans to talk about thier experiences, travels, or other military veteran related topics.

Old 04-24-2005
Chicle

Default veteranos: countries you visited or stationed

Jut wondering about the veteranos in here and possibly what countries youve visited or been stationed in. And which was your favorite?
Been on a Westpac deployment went to Hong Kong, Singapore, Fukouka Japan, Malaysia, Bahrain, Perth and Hobart Australia, Hawaii.

Australia was definitelt my favorite. We got there during there Rugby finals and there were parties everywhere. Girls outnumber guys 3 to 1.. just the way their population is. And they love americans. It was some of the most fun ive ever had.

Bahrain was the worst. The arabians take advantage knowing that we had been out at sea for 3 months straight. They ripped us off on every single cab rides. There really wasnt anything to do there except a couple of clubs and go kartracing.

Some of the most beatiful women Ive ever seen were out in Singapore, all these petite cute looking asian girls running around everywhere.
Old 04-24-2005
Gunner

Korea hasn't been bad so far, Tokyo sucked, FT. Jackson hated it there as well as FT. Knox, but thats it so far hope to go to the middle east
Old 04-25-2005
Chicle

as for me ive been all over the u.s. and especially all over the east coast..but as far as overseas, ive been to iraq,kuwait,ireland and germany..and im hoping to head back out to iraq in jan 06..
Old 04-25-2005
Meme

East coast, West coast, China, Phillipines, Guam, Japan, Okinawa, Thailand, Korea and a lot of little islands in between which I loved. They were my favorites. I'd love to go there and just be. Away from everyone and everything. You can't beat the solitude on such a beautiful island.

I've always wanted to go to Australia though. Go to the outback and live for a while. I like roughing it.
Old 04-25-2005
Maestro

Send a message via MSN to cKofer Send a message via Yahoo to cKofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_flo53
as for me ive been all over the u.s. and especially all over the east coast..but as far as overseas, ive been to iraq,kuwait,ireland and germany..and im hoping to head back out to iraq in jan 06..
germany ha,, hey man is it true that in germany weed is legal, i was told that, or i think it was another country.....
Old 04-25-2005
Chicle

Go back to Iraq? maybe I dont get it. I just cant see how you would want to go back there. How do the people treat you? Ive heard alot about private companies hiring civilians to go out there for work. Pay is alot more than you could make in the military doing the same thing. I have that about it but in the end I didnt think it was worth it to risk my life or spend months away from my family for any type of money.
Thats cool though Im sure not everything in the middle east is bad.
Old 04-25-2005
Mocoso

Send a message via AIM to Lowrider56 Send a message via MSN to Lowrider56 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowrider56

I traveled around alot from the places I was stationed at, so it is difficult to list every location I visited. I spent most of my 30 years in the Air Force overseas, so only have a few stateside locations I was stationed at or traveled to. In the states, I spent time at:

Lackland AFB TX, Griffiss AFB NY, Loring AFB ME, Shepperd AFB TX, Kelly AFB TX, Tinker AFB OK, Norton AFB CA, McClellan AFB CA, Travis AFB CA, Beale AFB CA, Mather AFB CA, Randolph AFB TX, Keesler AFB MI, Gunther AFB AL, McDill AFB FL, Offutt AFB NE, Hill AFB UT, Anchorage AB Alaska, Fairbanks Alaska, Shemya Alaska, a few site in northern Alaska ...I am sure there are a couple more I can think of, plus a few antenna sites scattered through the CONUS.

Overseas, I spent time at Lajes Field Azores, Clark AB Republic of the Philippines (RP), Wallace Air Station RP, Subic Bay RP, DaNang AB Republic of Vietnam (RVN), Tonsonhuit AB Saigon, Natrang AB RVN, Osan AB Korea, Kunsan AB Korea, Taegue AB Korea, Pusan AB Korea, many sites throughout Korea, Yokota AB Japan, Misawa AB Japan, Yokosuka Naval Base Japan, Kadena AB Japan, Tachikawa AB Japan, several sites throughout Japan, Lindsay Air Station Wiesbaden Germany, Ramstein AB Germany, Bitburg AB Germany, Sembach AB Germany, Rhein Main AB Germany, Pruem Air Station Germany, Spangdahlem AB Germany, Hanhn AB Germany, numerous sites throughout Germany, San Vito Air Base Italy, scattered communications sites throughout Belgium and France.

One of these days, I will have to go through each copy of my orders for everytine I traveled. I am sure I will see some places I have forgotten about for the moment. I truly enjoyed my career and saw many places, most people will never see.
Old 04-26-2005
Mocoso

I've been stationed in FT Leonard Wood, FT Sam Houston, FT Jackson and now in Germany.
Old 04-26-2005
Chicle

ckofer, maybe deep in germany it could be legal not where we were at..but as far as i know Amsterdam, which is in the Netherlands, is the famous spot where people go to bcuz weed is legal..from what i know its not so much that its legal its jus tolerated from local law enforcements..

azteksol,well its true there a lot of civilian contractors out there in iraq makin a lot more money than us..its messed up but its very true..when i joined they told me that the miitary is not known for being rich or payin well so i didnt sweat it..it doesnt make too much sense and thats why when people leave the military they pursue jobs in those companies..im sure a lot of people in those companies are ex-military..the thing is most of us out there arent doing it for the money..the people ive met treated us with respect..the children would dry the women would cry and i even saw a man here and there tear up when we pulled up..its like they might not see us as friends but they knew that we were there to help..but ofcourse we never let our guard down cuz you jus never know..its like i want to go back but i dont..its an experience that i will never forget and in a way it would be crazy to experience again..but at the same time i do realize that my life is at risk out there so in a way maybe it would be best not to go..but bottom line is that its an adrenaline rush and somethin [/B]I[B] feel i can be proud of..i get out in Nov 06 so headin out there next year would ensure that get out with a lil bit of money in my pocket..and i have a four year old daughter to go home to so i welcome the chance ti get more money bfore i get out..its hard to explain and i know there are mad haters on here as far as the military goes so i dont want to stress myself tryin to debate with someone..this is jus a choice i made in my life that deserves more respect and i can have more pride in than where i was headed and was doin back in chicago..
Old 04-26-2005
Travieso

Send a message via AIM to KrazyKing

Old 04-28-2005
Chicle

Send a message via Yahoo to puro_brown_pride

SO FAR..... IVE BEEN TO KUWAIT IRAQ AND KOREA

AND THEY ALL SUCK.... THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BEING BACK HOME IN EL PASO!!!!

9 MONTHS AND IM THROUGH!!!
Old 04-28-2005
Chicle

nine months sounds good... so close to getting out.

I have 2 months left myself.. going on a roadtrip with my dad cross country, party on the way. Feels good getting out. Sure Ill miss some things but glad its over time for something new. Good luck
Old 06-19-2005
Mocoso

Send a message via Yahoo to silent_mijo

in 2 and a half years i've been to Germany, Poland, Nassua, Greece, And the U.A.E the best time i had was in Poland though...i would love to go back

\"I've lost it all......so why do i go on\"
Old 12-09-2006
Banned User
Veterano

Default Re: veteranos: countries you visited or stationed

First it was Ft Knox for basic then APG for AIT then Korea (camp kyle) after that it was Ft Puke Loserana, then Italy deployed to Iraq, went to Germany for PLDC and 3 Months of the field after that it was Afganistan. Since I been here in Italy I been to spain and Amsterdam hopefully if they don't put me on CQ then I wanna go to Sicily and then france and england (I think am PCSing to Ft Stweard)