Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Learning Center > Finance, Business, & Employment

Finance, Business, & Employment Stocks, Bonds, Money Market, Management, Personal Finances; Business Talk, Home Businesses; MLMs; Financial Opportunities; Employment, Help Wanted, Resumes

Old 09-17-2009
coyotesnack

Default Americans' net worth grows by $2 trillion in Q2

More good news...I've stopped looking at the value of my 401K, hopefully it'll start to come back up.

Quote:
Americans' net worth grows by $2 trillion in Q2

By JEANNINE AVERSA
AP Economics Writer
Published: Thursday, Sep. 17, 2009 - 9:10 am

WASHINGTON -- American households saw their wealth increase this spring for the first time in nearly two years as the waning recession breathed new life into stock portfolios and home values.

The Federal Reserve says household net worth grew by $2 trillion to $53.1 trillion in the April-to-June quarter.

Net worth, or the value of assets such as homes, checking accounts and investments minus debts like mortgages and credit cards, rose by nearly 4 percent from the first quarter, the Federal Reserve says.

But even with the gain, Americans' net worth remains far below its peak of $65.3 trillion logged in the third quarter of 2007, underscoring the bite the recession has taken out of people's wealth.
http://www.sacbee.com/830/story/2189878.html
Old 09-21-2009
Director

Default Re: Americans' net worth grows by $2 trillion in Q2

The ironic thing is, the economy is best when people save the least amount of money

And Mexicans... Mexicans are the shittiest savers/investors. Aside from my dad, of course . Puro Pinche Money Magazine. Funny how people have money for Quincenera's and big parties but don't have money for college

" What is past and cannot be prevented should not be grieved for" - American Indian Proverb

nighter1 debunks his own post

nighter1 cannot answer my question - OWNED.

nighter1's display of stupidity: Calls Black Taco's 'Racist'
Old 09-22-2009
Gunner

Send a message via AIM to megustahoy Send a message via Yahoo to megustahoy

My IRA just had a significant boost...It was exciting! My husband's not so much. I think it has to do with how the market was doing when he switched his, but I'm sure it'll spring right back up like always.

It'll be interesting to see the various different (if any) savings options there are in Canada when I get there.
Old 09-22-2009
Director

I just slapped some 24's on da Beamer... oh fo sho
Old 09-22-2009
coyotesnack

Quote:
Originally Posted by megustahoy View Post
My IRA just had a significant boost...It was exciting! My husband's not so much. I think it has to do with how the market was doing when he switched his, but I'm sure it'll spring right back up like always.

It'll be interesting to see the various different (if any) savings options there are in Canada when I get there.
You're moving to Canada, how cool. The Vancouver area is really nice-I love the drive to Whistler. I hope that you like the outdoors.
Old 09-22-2009
Gunner

Send a message via AIM to megustahoy Send a message via Yahoo to megustahoy

I'm moving to Toronto. It's a pretty far drive from Vancouver. I've heard nothing but good about Toronto, so I'm excited, and it'll be nice to be neighbors with the Niagra Falls. The outdoors are ok, as long as it's not too cold.
Old 09-22-2009
coyotesnack

Quote:
Originally Posted by megustahoy View Post
I'm moving to Toronto. It's a pretty far drive from Vancouver. I've heard nothing but good about Toronto, so I'm excited, and it'll be nice to be neighbors with the Niagra Falls. The outdoors are ok, as long as it's not too cold.
Yea opposite ends; British Columbia on the west and Ontario on the east. You better get a good jacket. It should be fun though, I've heard that it's very ethnically diverse.