Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Learning Center > Finance, Business, & Employment

Finance, Business, & Employment Stocks, Bonds, Money Market, Management, Personal Finances; Business Talk, Home Businesses; MLMs; Financial Opportunities; Employment, Help Wanted, Resumes

Old 03-07-2007
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Default S&p 500

is this a good investment? does neone know stuff about this in lehman's?

what exactly is it? how does it work and so forth?

i had a roommate in college who kinda explained it to me briefly but i wanna know a little more....

if neone has ne info i d appreciate it?

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

In the belly of misery convulses the fetus of rebellion - Ricardo Flores Magon
Old 03-08-2007
SuaveHighTimes

Default Re: S&p 500

I don't know how it works but I do know that i've been investing in it for the last 5 years thru my 401k program and it's been pretty profitable for the most part. I'm not about to drop it anytime soon.
Old 03-08-2007
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuaveHighTimes View Post
I don't know how it works but I do know that i've been investing in it for the last 5 years thru my 401k program and it's been pretty profitable for the most part. I'm not about to drop it anytime soon.
how profitable, perse? like percentage-wise... if u don't mind disclosing a ball park figure, i would appreciate it... thanks

...freedom's not a gift received from a State or a leader but a possession to be won every day by the effort of each and the union of all - Albert Camus

Old 03-13-2007
SuaveHighTimes

um, tough to say cause it's not the only investment I take part in and since its bundled into my overall savings package I only mostly get to see what my total earnings are from everything put together.

But i could take a calculated guess and say it's roughly about an 8% return annualy for the S&P. Give or take.
Old 03-13-2007
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
um, tough to say cause it's not the only investment I take part in and since its bundled into my overall savings package I only mostly get to see what my total earnings are from everything put together.

But i could take a calculated guess and say it's roughly about an 8% return annualy for the S&P. Give or take.
thanks sht... i appreciate the info...

Old 03-13-2007
SuaveHighTimes

I will say that it was great before Sept 11 and since then it dropped a bit but has been making a comeback. I still say you should go for it. With the housing bubble well into it's maturity all the experts are saying that stocks are going to pick up again.

Better to buy now while still affordable to later sell for more.
Old 03-13-2007
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
I will say that it was great before Sept 11 and since then it dropped a bit but has been making a comeback. I still say you should go for it. With the housing bubble well into it's maturity all the experts are saying that stocks are going to pick up again.

Better to buy now while still affordable to later sell for more.

yeah, i m really thinkin bout diversifying my portfolio (wachalo, muy chingon)...

i need to invest in something b/c money dont just grow on trees.. shit!

Old 04-03-2007
SuaveHighTimes

^^Did you invest?
Old 04-03-2007
Abstinent Attitude
Presidente

Quote:
^^Did you invest?
not yet. still looking around and talking to folks.

Old 07-27-2015
Gunner

*BUMP*

Looking into this as well..

You make my heart flutter, like wings of a hummingbird. With you, my soul flies... <3