Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Learning Center > Finance, Business, & Employment

Finance, Business, & Employment Stocks, Bonds, Money Market, Management, Personal Finances; Business Talk, Home Businesses; MLMs; Financial Opportunities; Employment, Help Wanted, Resumes

Old 03-12-2008
Maestro

Default Re: Life Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsagleaming View Post
^^^^thanks soy...i have a question to...if i died i would want my kid to go to distant family and not his dad. i've talked to him and he agreed his lifestyle just sadly isn't fit for kids.

so do you think i should get him to sign something in front of a notary that he is ok with that?

how much is it to get a will drawn up?

oh yeah...and how long do those life insurance policies have to be active before they will pay out.

don't worry, i'm not looking at casket living any time soon.
I don't have an answer for the first half of your post...sorry.

But life insurance policies should be active and payable once the insurance company receives your first premium payment. Of course you cannot miss your monthly premium payment in order to keep the policy active. Any lapse in payment will make the policy void.

You aren't gonna insure a homeless bum and then knock him off, are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL SALSA View Post
well i guess i'm one of you now
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon View Post
Hillsboro fag!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL SALSA View Post
...how the fuck did you know i was from hillsboro?
Old 03-14-2008
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to SuaveHighTimes Send a message via Yahoo to SuaveHighTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicana323 View Post
You sell aflac??
Yeah, Aflac for now and others will be available soon.
Old 03-14-2008
Estudiante

Send a message via Yahoo to mexichick02

I have life insurance through my employer and I added aflac on top of that... You just never know what might happen.

It's also important you let someone you trust know where you keep all your documents and paperwork and have them ready...either a close family member or a lawyer. You want to be prepared in case it's an accidental 'quick' death.
Old 03-14-2008
Maestro

I carry $500,000 on myself and $10,000 on each of my kids. If something were to happen to either of them it would be just a little to help with funeral expenses, but if something were to happen to me, I'd like to know that they were at least taken care of while they are going through school.
Old 03-14-2008
Gunner

Send a message via MSN to chicana323 Send a message via Yahoo to chicana323

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverlatina View Post
I carry $500,000 on myself and $10,000 on each of my kids. If something were to happen to either of them it would be just a little to help with funeral expenses, but if something were to happen to me, I'd like to know that they were at least taken care of while they are going through school.
I'm thinking that the $10,000 is a rider on your policy, have you considered getting your children their own policies?? A universal life guarantees that the premium will remain the same even up to age 120, and if they get it early it will be waaaaaaaay cheaper, plus is builts cash value and you can cash out when they go to college. Thats what I have on both my children I pay $25 a month sometimes more if I have extra money and then they will have some money saved up there if they want to go to college or for anything else, unlike college savings they can use the money for anything they wish to.
Old 03-24-2015
Gunner

I needs to get on this. I gotta leave my babies set up, just don't know where to start shopping for some.

I believe my mom has a $350k insurance plan she bought on her own and my pops has one set up through his job.

LOL @ Nelio saying he wanted to get cremated on his front yard..

You make my heart flutter, like wings of a hummingbird. With you, my soul flies... <3