Soy Chicano Forums

Go Back   Soy Chicano Forums > Community > Welcome Center

Welcome Center Take the time to introduce yourself to this community! This is a place to welcome new members joining the site or welcome back members who have been gone.

Old 01-05-2015
Mocoso

Default Thank you for remembering my Birthday. Ive been absent so long.

To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find a message from Soy Chicano. A Birthday wish no less. Thank you, thank you.

I joined Soy back in 08 and going back through my writings and messages I dicovered that indeed I was not what one would call an exceptional member. In fact I acted rude many times with respected Chicanos.

Today, in affirming my thanks for your Birthday wish, I want to add a sincere and heart felt apology, apologies, to those who I might have insulted with my childest past journey here at Soy Chicano. I could easily name names of those I intend my apology, apologies to go to, but I will not. You may remember me. So you are it.

With a new mentality, and a changing of the guard for us Chicanos up in Washington, I would really like to know how you view our future from this day on, when Republicans take control of our political agendas. I learned here that at Soy there are some who are Republicans, and that is not a bad thing I might add. Only the change in politics is different. I also look to be a different person for the remainder of time I may or may not be here.

To understand what I meant by being rude to many here, all you have to do is go into my writings to find out. I did so this morning and I am truly embarassed by my own selfish ego. Having said the above, again I thank you Soy for your Birthday wish.

Peace,

Roberto
Old 01-05-2015
Gunner

Default Re: Thank you for remembering my Birthday. Ive been absent so long.

Hi Roberto,

I don't remember you from back in the day, but welcome back! I'd also like to wish you a Happy Birthday (however old you are lol). I hope you stick around this time.

I'm sure whoever your apology is meant for, will be taken and all will be forgiven.

Ha

Who am I kidding, this is Soy...haha.

Hope you enjoy your day though.

Old 01-05-2015
Mocoso

BTOWNMAMI239 thanks for your warm welcome back. Actually in my days here prior to departure I spent my days joking around and trying to out-do the best of the jokers. I guess I burnt myself out and just found the jokes outdated and took another route and simply forgot about Soy until this morning.

As for my age, I do not consider myself burnt out in that sense of the word for I am now hopefully more mature and melow, away from insults and jokes.

I guess the reason I wrote today is because I agree with you that my people are those who are forgiving in heart and mind. I still have memories and recall several folks who I note are still around. I will see and wait for their input into my presence to decide if I want to remain around here another round.

That you do not recall my previous sojourn here is really no big deal for I never generated any followers who would not mind my giant ego and just roll with the punches and agree with anything I wrote about -- which was all stuff I would never dream of putting out there in public today.

In a nutshell, being back feels different this time. I`m older and I think wiser.

Thanks for your Birthday wish --- And yes, this is Soy!
Old 01-05-2015
The one and only
Presidente

Send a message via AIM to tecpaocelotl Send a message via MSN to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Yahoo to tecpaocelotl Send a message via Skype™ to tecpaocelotl

Welcome back and happy birthday.
Old 01-05-2015
Mocoso

Gracias Tecp.

Hope you are doing well.

Saludos.
Old 01-05-2015
Maestro

I remember you.
Welcome back and Happy Birthday, Roberto.
Old 01-05-2015
Mocoso

You have a good memory just tru. In fact I also remember you in my other life here at Soy.

Thank you for the birthday message. Its good that you are still around.

Best regards
Old 01-10-2015
Miss Mod
Veterano

Definitely remember you. Welcome back

It's supposed to be hard - if it wasn't hard everyone would do it.
The hard, is what makes it great.

- Jimmy Dugan; A League of Their Own

Old 01-11-2015
Mocoso

I find good memories are still around at Soy. I am a tad saddened that traffic is still on idle mode, you know, like on life-support.

I keep reading about ideas to jump-start discussions, participation and keeping the lights on. I sure would like to see a surge, a big surge in postings and in adult discussions.

I will be around waiting, and reading.

Thanks for telling me I am not forgotten.
Old 01-12-2015
Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
To say the least, I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find a message from Soy Chicano. A Birthday wish no less. Thank you, thank you.

I joined Soy back in 08 and going back through my writings and messages I dicovered that indeed I was not what one would call an exceptional member. In fact I acted rude many times with respected Chicanos.

Today, in affirming my thanks for your Birthday wish, I want to add a sincere and heart felt apology, apologies, to those who I might have insulted with my childest past journey here at Soy Chicano. I could easily name names of those I intend my apology, apologies to go to, but I will not. You may remember me. So you are it.

With a new mentality, and a changing of the guard for us Chicanos up in Washington, I would really like to know how you view our future from this day on, when Republicans take control of our political agendas. I learned here that at Soy there are some who are Republicans, and that is not a bad thing I might add. Only the change in politics is different. I also look to be a different person for the remainder of time I may or may not be here.

To understand what I meant by being rude to many here, all you have to do is go into my writings to find out. I did so this morning and I am truly embarassed by my own selfish ego. Having said the above, again I thank you Soy for your Birthday wish.

Peace,

Roberto
lolz

you do know that shit is automatic? no body cares
Old 01-12-2015
Chicle

Grimm..portate bien.

but yes. LOLZ
Old 01-14-2015
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnspicy79 View Post

Grimm..portate bien.

but yes. LOLZ
Hi Sweetie, Thank you for good advise. I have no ax to grind, plus I really see no movement here to jump into. I note like I said earlier, you know, like the walking dead around here.

I agree with LOLZ. Yeah, no one give a shit what I say. Indeed on point.

But who knows? I might write something down the line soon, and get away from this space to give someone else new to introduce self.
Old 02-11-2015
Director

How come Soy never remembers my bday? This is some bullshit!
Old 02-16-2015
Mocoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliPac View Post
How come Soy never remembers my bday? This is some bullshit!
O.K. CaliPac, sorry you waited this long for an answer.

Here it is:

Its because I`m awesome!

Tags
apologies , apology , birthday wish , chicano